Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sylvanas raising the dead?

I was under the impression that the Val'kyr could only raise humans, but according to the sound files blood elves and orcs are no problem either.

Does this suggest that they can pretty much raise nearly anything?

Deleted
    Didn't a Val'kyr raise the Vrykul boss at the end of Utgarde Keep? So I think they could raise most humanoids.

Edit: after some googling other discussion it apparantly has to do with the lick king lending his power to the Val'kyr which obviously isn't happening anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc755bcca4c2; 2013-06-28 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathbringer Saurfang was an orc. Undead Vrykuls were running all over the place. If I remember correctly Sapph (that Frost DK in the questline) was Blood Elf?

It's been fairly obvious that the Val'kyr can raise everything that's humanoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well she either found a way or she's joking.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well she either found a way or she's joking.
    Both she and Lor'themar seemed quite serious. I almost wonder if it's a thing that's going to lead onto the Horde banning the use of Necromancy after she uses it on the dead of the Horde races.

Either way if they can do it on Elves then it means they've gotten stronger which kinda means they need to be stopped before the Forsaken literally does become a new Scourge.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-06-28 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the point of view of the lore is feasible: all that was alive can be reanimated (not to be confused with resurrected).

The power of necromancy is a reef not yet fully explored.

Deleted
    Someone had to raise all the non-human deathknights. It could just be it's easier to resurrect humans and vrykul than other races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas' Val'kyr could raise pretty much anything.

Sylvanas' Val'kyr can only raise humans according to this quest. "Let us teach the non-humans a lesson in fear. Together we will show them what happens to corpses that we cannot use." The non-humans being referred to in the quest are gnome and night elf scouts of the 7th Legion.

Any non-human Forsaken are converted Scourge.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-28 at 11:26 AM.

Trassk..ffs it's HUMANOIDS not HUMANS.

Worgens= diffrent matter they are cursed = thus immune

Demons= they are bloody demons <.<

All races of Warcraft are more or less humannoid, even the bloody quillboar.

Point being:All Playable races Are humannoid, only differenceal is the Worgens, due to there "curse" or "blessing" as others say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post

Worgens= diffrent matter they are cursed = thus immune

Demons= they are bloody demons <.<

All races of Warcraft are more or less humannoid, even the bloody quillboar.

Point being:All Playable races Are humannoid, only differenceal is the Worgens, due to there "curse" or "blessing" as others say.
    Worgen Death Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Worgen Death Knight.
    Yeah blizz didnt think that one through to well. Worgen are not suppose to be able to become undead due to the curse yet they can become DKs.

Deleted
    If I remember correctly.(Correct me of I'm wrong) .There was other ways to reanimate other than Val'kyr such as the plague ect and that certain races could only be risen when the Valkyr were controlled and given power by the Lich King.
    Last edited by mmoc8d11554cd6; 2013-06-28 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Bad spelling

The have elf undead, they are the dark rangers.

As far as corpses that they can not use that may mean bodies that are too badly damaged.

The bulk of the Forsaken are from Lorderon, they died from poisoned grain. Thus the bodies were mostly intact.

DK's are undead but they are an entirely different beast, thier existance is fueled by creating misery, death and violence. They feed off the pain they cause to others.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Yeah blizz didnt think that one through to well. Worgen are not suppose to be able to become undead due to the curse yet they can become DKs.
    DK's are not the same kind of undead as the Forsaken and Scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    As far as I know dying is not required, just giving up your soul is enough to become a death knight.

I think it depends on the Source.
    The Plague from Warcraft III was only able to ressurect Humans.
    The Licheking can pretty much ressurect whatever he wants to (Elves, Dragons, Deathknights from all races, even worgen)
    Valkyrs seem to be able to ress undead anythings (you if you die in the deathknight starting area you get ressed by a valkyr, silvanas got ressed by valkyrs) and they can ress humans and vrykul at least. Havent seen them ressing other species.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Worgen Death Knight.
    Arthas making undead =/= Sylvanas making undead. Worgen being cursed by druidic life magic is something the master of undeath could get past, not so much a random dark ranger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    I think you are confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    Arthas making undead =/= Sylvanas making undead. Worgen being cursed by druidic life magic is something the master of undeath could get past, not so much a random dark ranger.
    Makes sense.

Pfeh, to be honest, I didn't even know the Worgen Curse was druidic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    As far as I know dying is not required, just giving up your soul is enough to become a death knight.
    Indeed, the first of the LK's death knights were paladins who willingly joined Ner'zhul in exchange for power.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-28 at 12:21 PM.

Quest chains have clearly stated the Valyk'r couldn't raise non humans. At least in Cataclysm. I think the fact that she can raise "horde" corpses, means that her power is growing.

"But she got raised by them?" Yes, but every time she gets raised by a Valkyr, one of them dies. They raise her by taking her place in Azeroth's hell.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!