Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The entire purpose of Plague is to turn the victims into undead under the LK's control. If they aren't under the LK's control or they aren't turned into undead, it's a FAILURE and DOESN'T WORK.

Show me an instance where an elf was turned into an undead minion of the LK by PLAGUE ALONE.
    What you are saying does not match up with reality.

The plague works on everything it touches. This is explicitly stated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    What you are saying does not match up with reality.

The plague works on everything it touches. This is explicitly stated.
    Wrong. Just because Plague makes almost everything ill doesn't mean it works on them. You are confusing any effect for the designed/desired effect. The desired effect is to turn the victims into undead under the LK's control so he can feed off their spirits and become more powerful.

It's like if someone takes a pill to cure their cancer, but instead it cures their AIDS. The pill didn't work even though it did something beneficial.

I'm still waiting on that proof of an elf being turned into Scourge by Plague.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-29 at 12:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Wrong. Just because Plague makes almost everything ill doesn't mean it works on them. You are confusing any effect with the designed/desired effect. The desired effect is to turn the victims into undead under the LK's control so he can feed off their spirits and become more powerful.

I'm still waiting on that proof of an elf being turned into Scourge by Plague.
    Believe me, I'm not confusing anything. I am taking into consideration what you are saying, but I am not agreeing. I do not see any evidence, especially given the info provided in this thread, that conclusively states the plague does not turn every race into mindless undead and also causes blight on the ground that transfers said plague as well. Nothing in this thread proves any of that and all someone has to do to be made aware of this is to quest in the Plaguelands. In fact, even before they changed parts of the lore with Cataclysm, the old quests showed evidence of this being the case as well. Further proof is the fact that there is extremely few tauren, night elves, gnomes, dwarves, or otherwise in the Lordaeron area (where the plague was exclusively used).

Furthermore, the quest which refers to "corpses we can't use" happens years and years after the Scourge plague. The New Plague is not the same as the Scourge plague (despite the fact that the New Plague also affects all creatures by turning them into mindless undead or outright killing them depending on the dosage and method of application).

Additional reading for you: http://www.wowwiki.com/Plague_of_Undeath

The Plague of Undeath is a magical affliction first conjured by Ner'zhul, the Lich King (under the direction of the demon lord Kil'jaeden), from his icy prison within the Frozen Throne in Northrend in order to create the Scourge (which was intended to be a vanguard for the Burning Legion during the attack on Azeroth). This took place just before and during the Third War. Using his will alone, he spread the mystic disease to the nearby denizens in the local regions, including ice trolls, humans, and other creatures, killing them and causing them to rise again as undead under the influence of Ner'zhul.

and

http://www.wowwiki.com/Apothecary_Oni%27jus

Apothecary Oni'jus is a forsaken, who was once a half-elf, in the Undercity. The forsaken queen initially chose two brilliant minds to lead her new Apothecary Society. The first was Faranell and the second was Oni’jus, a half-elf infiltrator who was a master of mundane poison concoction (and whose idea it was to add “Royal” in front of their fledgling group’s name).
    Last edited by chrisisvacant; 2013-06-29 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe me, I'm not confusing anything. I am taking into consideration what you are saying, but I am not agreeing. I do not see any evidence, especially given the info provided in this thread, that conclusively states the plague does not turn every race into mindless undead and also causes blight on the ground that transfers said plague as well. Nothing in this thread proves any of that and all someone has to do to be made aware of this is to quest in the Plaguelands. In fact, even before they changed parts of the lore with Cataclysm, the old quests showed evidence of this being the case as well. Further proof is the fact that there is extremely few tauren, night elves, gnomes, dwarves, or otherwise in the Lordaeron area (where the plague was exclusively used).
    As I've stated numerous times, using multiple sources, the purpose for which Plague was created was to turn humans into undead minions of the LK. That's it. Period. This function doesn't work on other races.

Plague infecting nearly everything and causing it to rot/die is irrelevant because it's an UNINTENDED SIDE EFFECT, that wasn't its purpose.

It's like if someone takes a pill to cure their cancer, but instead it cures their AIDS. The pill didn't work even though it did something beneficial.

Furthermore, the quest which refers to "corpses we can't use" happens years and years after the Scourge plague. The New Plague is not the same as the Scourge plague (despite the fact that the New Plague also affects all creatures by turning them into mindless undead or outright killing them depending on the dosage and method of application).
    You are clearly confused. Blight doesn't convert anyone into undead. The Forsaken failed to make that function work. Blight only kills. That quest is talking about raising people with Val'kyr.

Additional reading for you: http://www.wowwiki.com/Plague_of_Undeath

The Plague of Undeath is a magical affliction first conjured by Ner'zhul, the Lich King (under the direction of the demon lord Kil'jaeden), from his icy prison within the Frozen Throne in Northrend in order to create the Scourge (which was intended to be a vanguard for the Burning Legion during the attack on Azeroth). This took place just before and during the Third War. Using his will alone, he spread the mystic disease to the nearby denizens in the local regions, including ice trolls, humans, and other creatures, killing them and causing them to rise again as undead under the influence of Ner'zhul.
    That is a secondary source. WoWwiki doesn't list the source of that information. WoWpedia does. Guess what WoWpedia lists as the source? The same exact shit I've been posting from In-game book: Icecrown and the Frozen Throne.

WoWwiki and WoWpedia got it wrong. The part talking about Ner'zhul taking control of ice trolls, wendingo, and other Northrend races had nothing to do with Plague. He converted those races through his psychic powers:

From the confines of the Frozen Throne, Ner'zhul began to reach out his vast consciousness and touch the minds of Northrend's native inhabitants. With little effort, he enslaved the minds of many indigenous creatures, including ice trolls and fierce wendigo, and he drew their evil brethren into his growing shadow. His psychic powers proved to be almost limitless, and he used them to create a small army that he housed within Icecrown's twisting labyrinths.

Pro tip: Go to the primary source.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-29 at 01:15 AM.

i dont know why anyone is surprised by this, it was obvious the valkyr could raise more than humans.

if low level necromancers can raise different races i fail to see how the lich kings former champions of dealing out undeath were unable to rez outside of humans

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Apothecary_Oni%27jus

Apothecary Oni'jus is a forsaken, who was once a half-elf, in the Undercity. The forsaken queen initially chose two brilliant minds to lead her new Apothecary Society. The first was Faranell and the second was Oni’jus, a half-elf infiltrator who was a master of mundane poison concoction (and whose idea it was to add “Royal” in front of their fledgling group’s name).
    Says nothing about Oni'jus being turned by Plague.

I refer you again to: "Hence, while undead representatives certainly do exist among the ranks of the non-human races, these particular agents are examples of undead created through necromancy rather than the plague."

EDIT: Also, this character is from the RPG. He's not canon.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-29 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Without the Lich King's powers, her Val'kyr can only resurrect those of Vrykul lineage.

They can however, resurrect non-humans by sacrificing their life, as seen in the Silverpine quests. However, she has a limited number of Val'kyr.

I assume that her ability to resurrect Blood Elves stems from her experiments on Koltira. He never mentions anything about Orc or any other Horde corpses, only Blood Elves.
    This. /thread
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I'll bet Sylvanas wants to raise Varian.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know why anyone is surprised by this, it was obvious the valkyr could raise more than humans.

if low level necromancers can raise different races i fail to see how the lich kings former champions of dealing out undeath were unable to rez outside of humans
    If you do the quests in Silverpine, it's obvious that they can't.

Our enemies are becoming smarter - adapting to our tactics. Recently an attack was made upon Pyrewood Village, southwest of here. Our troops occupying the town were decimated, of course, but what made the attack especially interesting was the racial composition of the attacking force. No humans were used.

<Walden laughs.>

Rightfully, they fear being reanimated as Forsaken.

Let us teach the non-humans a lesson in fear. Together we will show them what happens to corpses that we cannot use.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27548

i don't see why raising the dead would stop at racial boundaries...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    i don't see why raising the dead would stop at racial boundaries...
    Humans are such assholes that they never make it to heaven. They're chomping at the bit to gtfo of the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    If you do the quests in Silverpine, it's obvious that they can't.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27548
    they are talking about worgen, not normal races. worgen are immune to undeath only very strong necromancers can raise them (the lich king himself, powerful nathrezim, ect)

10+ Year Old Account
    they are talking about worgen, not normal races. worgen are immune to undeath only very strong necromancers can raise them (the lich king himself, powerful nathrezim, ect)
    No, the quest is talking about elves and dwarves which is exactly what you go kill for it.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    No they aren't. Why does everyone say that? The quest has you killing gnome and night elf scouts of the 7th Legion.

http://www.wowpedia.org/7th_Legion_Scout
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=45883/7th...scout#comments

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    No, the quest is talking about elves and dwarves which is exactly what you go kill for it.
    oh, i saw pyrewood and assumed it was about the worgen rebels, my mistake then

Okay, if forsaken weren't playable you know right at the end of this battle everyone, red and blue, would just turn on her ass in a heartbeat. I mean raising them out in the wilds? yeah thats bad. Literally raising soldiers friends, comrades and the org citizens like gamon that got stuck in the city? These people are the champions of the alliance and horde, they remember icecrown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Okay, if forsaken weren't playable you know right at the end of this battle everyone, red and blue, would just turn on her ass in a heartbeat. I mean raising them out in the wilds? yeah thats bad. Literally raising soldiers friends, comrades and the org citizens like gamon that got stuck in the city? These people are the champions of the alliance and horde, they remember icecrown.
    Better than letting them rot in the streets.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Better than letting them rot in the streets.
    Seeing as how no one wants to be raised (based on the forsaken history) better they stay dead. I doubt if Forsaken raised them, that Lor'themar would let her use them, he'd use them to take her bitch ass out.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Seeing as how no one wants to be raised (based on the forsaken history) better they stay dead. I doubt if Forsaken raised them, that Lor'themar would let her use them, he'd use them to take her bitch ass out.
    Only brainwashed individuals can say that they dont want to be raised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    If that was true they would have all just killed themselves. Don't knock it til you've tried it.