Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Kor'kron mount. ::SIGH::

    Really? This has to be the laziest, last second art I've seen since Cata. All the mounts/armor since Cata (when Blizz seemingly got a new art team as the quality of models changed drastically) have had a lot of detail and you could really tell the time invested in each.

    This is a horrible re-skin of the amazing rated BG's wolf. Essentially "strip armor detail off, and insert spikes.... lots of spikes. Head armor? spikes. Paw armor? Spikes. Yes, excellent, very spiky. Wait! YES, GENIUS, PUT GIANT SPIKES ON THE SIDES LIKE THE AMANI WAR BEAR! Now it is perfect!" Just look at the skeletal horse and nightsaber mounts they just released, much more what we've come to expect.

    Disappointed blizz, disappointed.

    End nerd rant

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,777
    I don't find it dissapointing as alliance player, actually i welcome him alot.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  3. #3
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,543
    Well, to be fair, the Kor'kron wolf very much fits the Kor'kron aesthetic: spikes, red armor, and looking like it can take one hell of a beating while handing out worse. It's probably not my favorite mount this expansion by any means--that would be the Blue Shado-Pan Tiger and the Onyx Cloud Serpent--but it fits the aesthetic of the raid.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  4. #4
    Yes less judge a datamined mount in a PTR that is only in it's 2nd build.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,930
    It should be red, just because. I think the final product will look better!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  6. #6
    I personally find it completely unacceptable that each and every mount that Blizzard releases isn't a superb specimen of computer graphics. Each successive mount should be their new magnum opus. And nobody should get it except me! Nobody!

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Rocheku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    807
    As a Horde player, i demand an Alliance horse for my collection as we are now handing over wolves to the alliance.

    No, wait, make that an Elekk.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    As a Horde player, i demand an Alliance horse for my collection as we are now handing over wolves to the alliance.

    No, wait, make that an Elekk.
    You didn't get alliance mounts in Wrath?
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I don't find it dissapointing as alliance player, actually i welcome him alot.
    yeah it looks awesome, even as a horde player im looking forward to him!

    just wish i could get a saber on my horde

    and no, not the JC ones, they are damn ugly.

    edit: actually forgot about ZG saber, can you still get that?
    dragonmaw - EU

  10. #10


    Honestly, it's not that bad.

  11. #11
    Also, y'know... free mount. For killing one boss, and nothing else. How elaborate would you demand that mount be?

  12. #12
    Dreadlord Rocheku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You didn't get alliance mounts in Wrath?
    Hmm, could you refresh my memory, i can hardly keep track of my 200+ stable.

  13. #13
    I think it's awesome. It looks truly like a Kor'kron mount. Not sure what you expected.

    No, no don't wanna be a hipster but a big star
    And I wanna see my name tattooed where your tits are

  14. #14
    Dreadlord Rocheku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Also, y'know... free mount. For killing one boss, and nothing else. How elaborate would you demand that mount be?
    Well its gonna be another one of those mounts that will be prestige since its only obtainable that tier.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremaw View Post
    Really? This has to be the laziest, last second art I've seen since Cata. All the mounts/armor since Cata (when Blizz seemingly got a new art team as the quality of models changed drastically) have had a lot of detail and you could really tell the time invested in each.

    This is a horrible re-skin of the amazing rated BG's wolf. Essentially "strip armor detail off, and insert spikes.... lots of spikes. Head armor? spikes. Paw armor? Spikes. Yes, excellent, very spiky. Wait! YES, GENIUS, PUT GIANT SPIKES ON THE SIDES LIKE THE AMANI WAR BEAR! Now it is perfect!" Just look at the skeletal horse and nightsaber mounts they just released, much more what we've come to expect.

    Disappointed blizz, disappointed.

    End nerd rant
    Dude, you approach the idea from the wrong angle.

    Stop, take a deep breath. Chill out. Relax, close your eyes. Now think:

    Spikes.

    Spikes.

    Quite awesome now, isn't it?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Hmm, could you refresh my memory, i can hardly keep track of my 200+ stable.
    Argent warhorse (still available for 100 tokens) and one for 50 tries in ToGC.
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,999
    Spikes. Spikes EVERYWHERE.


    In all honesty, I like it. Granted it's coming from an Orc source, it only makes sense to be a wolf and a bit of flare with the spikes... better than the dated models of Vanilla. ALTHOUGH it would look about 300x more badass if it was something like a sha-touched wolf.

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Argent warhorse (still available for 100 tokens) and one for 50 tries in ToGC.
    Alliance have access to a Hawkstrider, Kodo, Skeletal Warhorse, Raptor, and now the Wolf (Only thing missing is the hotrod). Horde has access to a cat, ram, and a horse (which is closer to the paladin horses then the alliance horse.). So 3-5. Hopefully we will see a elekk/mechanostrider drop sometime soon.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  19. #19
    As a Worgen hunter, I can't wait to be the werewolf with a wolf pet and wolf companion riding a wolf mount! Cue Inception horn!

    *Honestly alliance was overdue a wolf mount. And I can't believe you're complaining about this wolf mount after seeing the Darkmoon Faire Wolf that drops a mount. Based on that mob's graphic it appears to use the old dire wolf model with a darkmoon symbol above it's head similar to the bear mount from the fair.

    My only complaint is that the walk animation in the video is incredibly simple and they could have instead created a low crouched prowl instead.

  20. #20
    It's pretty underwhelming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •