Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Way to go blizzard screwing the one reason I even step in a heroic raid - just to get the whispers when you down it and show who is best. There better be only 1 achievement "allowed" per realm or I will have to go out of my way and screw the 10man guilds and clear it week after the 25man clear.
    not who is the best its about who has the most time or no life irl noone can say im the best its to funny trying to say he's the best pve/pvp player etc its a game that you play with guildies ,friend ,wife ,husband even world first kills dont mean your the best you where just the first

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    So if there happens to be a 10-man guild on the same server as a 25-man guild, the 25-man guild has to wait for the 10-man to kill the endboss before they can start farming it on their alts?

This really isn't complicated, whoever kills the boss first deserves the FoS. With that said, any 10-man worth their money losing their realm first to a 25-man doesn't deserve the FoS to begin with.
    My dude, is your avatar really a picture of Sodapoppin...? I no longer have faith in humanity smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What are we calling same speed ? Same week, same month ?
    Same lockout or one later, because the 25 man group can get the 10 man achievement the next lockout (after getting 25 man realm first), if the 10 man doesn't. The 10 man can still win in the lockout after the 25 man gets their achievement, when they are at the last boss(es) and the 25 man has to start from scratch.

In the end, every serious guild that goes for realm first will clear heroic in the first week that it's available, so 10 and 25 both get their achievements at the same time. If not, as I said, the 10 man doesn't deserve it.

Deleted
    25 man raids are organized (especially realm first raids). you can't just say "there will be no 25man raid this week, ten of us want to get the 10man FoS, too"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    25 man raids are organized (especially realm first raids). you can't just say "there will be no 25man raid this week, ten of us want to get the 10man FoS, too"
    Not quite, happened plenty in WOTLK - 25man guilds would kill the boss on both difficulties to get both feats.

I'd expect the same to happen this time around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Not quite, happened plenty in WOTLK - 25man guilds would kill the boss on both difficulties to get both feats.

I'd expect the same to happen this time around.
    Not quite. In WotLK we had two different lockouts. 10 man could form out of 25 man literally just after the final boss died without killing next ID's 25 man raid.
    Besides (and this is way more important), we never had separated FoS for 10 or 25 man.

Did you make that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    In the end, every serious guild that goes for realm first will clear heroic in the first week that it's available, so 10 and 25 both get their achievements at the same time. If not, as I said, the 10 man doesn't deserve it.
    Obviously I disagree. There is the 25 man race and there is the 10 man race. If we accept they are different races and we accept Blizzard's general thinking that they are awarding different achievements because they are different. If I look on a server like US-Mal'ganis and I see 25 man Vigil Killed Lei Shan on May 8th and I look and see 10 man Mythic killed Lei Shen on June 3rd.

Vigil could decide that they don't want to share the FOS or they just want to troll Mythic and they pour all their resources into grabbing that 10 man FOS. I consider that more of a dick move. But if Vigil runs a 10 man Alt group because they like the challenges presented by 10 man and they manage to beat Mythic to the kill, then I'd say they deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by kappa View Post
    My dude, is your avatar really a picture of Sodapoppin...? I no longer have faith in humanity smh.
    Yes it is, thank you very much. For your information I admire Mr. Morris's work.

OT: How is there discussion still going on about this? Whichever guild/group gets the FoS first deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Vigil could decide that they don't want to share the FOS or they just want to troll Mythic and they pour all their resources into grabbing that 10 man FOS. I consider that more of a dick move.
    And so because Mythic failed to kill the boss first, Vigil's efforts should be invalidated? The answer is very clear-cut in this case.

And like I said before, any 10-man worth their money will not lose their realm first to a 25-man.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Since they introduced shared lockouts there's been a constant statement of "10 and 25 mans are their own race!" so now when we finally get separate FoS to commemorate the end of both races we're seriously finding a way to complain about it?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Exactly what I was going to say.

The 25M guild are probably incapable of a 10M clear the next week anyway, don't worry about it.
    Not true, personal bias aside 25 man would have many advantages if they went for realm first 10 after getting 25 as an example:

Fights are pretty much the same mechanically on the two sizes it wouldn't be hard to adjust, the only fight that would differ greatly this tier and need to be relearned would be Dark Animus.
    Organisational fights such as lei shen and ji-kun tend to be easier on 10 man, and since the 10 man encounters are tuned for a lower ilvl since the average ilvl of a 10 man guild is lower many encounters could be brute forced since a 25 man guild should overgear it, a 25 man raiding guild probably has a roster of around 30-35 members so if a 25 man guild really wanted it they could rotate in and out and class stack on each fight. I'm sure a 25 man guild could quite easily 'steal' the 10 man realm first afterwards.

'Course if Blizz had any sense about them they'd just make each guild only eligible to receive either the 10 man or 25 man realm first FoS, the only loophole I guess would be making a new guild just to snatch 10 man FoS as well, but as someone said earlier it would be a pointless dick move and I seriously don't see the vast majority of 25 man guilds going out of their way to do that

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    10/25 are not split difficulties, only split sizes.

So no, the OPs scenario will never happen.

Well except on servers that are virtually dead.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)