Help! My Screen is Jittering like CRAZY!

EDIT! Its fixed now! My husband woke up and was a genius. I guess that my refresh rate was just set to "25" whatever that means. I almost understood it when he said it, but now it makes no sense and I hope everyone who reads this before it closes gets what Im saying lol.

Ok so I am NOT good with computers, please use small words and talk slowly for me >.<

I play/work/etc on a Sony Vaio from, I think its like 2006 at the oldest(??) It was my husbands and he gave it to me a while ago. I have an AOC 24 inch monitor plugged into it with an HDMI cable so I can play games and work on art on a nice big screen. I run vista on it. The graphics card sometimes goes screwy (at least I think thats what it is? like I said, Im bad with computers). My husband says we need to get a cooling pad thingy. We have been a little tight on cash and I have been trying to do artwork enough to save up for one.

Well today, just leveling my new gnome disco priest my graphics card went screwy again and my screen went blank. I got the "your display driver stopped working and has recovered" message on my start bar. When I looked back at my screen my game was shaking! It was just the window, like the bar at the top where it says what program you are running... not the game itself. I tried bringing it over to the laptop screen and it was fine. My desktop background is not shaking. I opened firefox and moved it over to my big screen and it was jittering too! Not the stuff IN the browser, like the words Im typing now are fine, but the close, window, and minimize buttons, the file, edit, view, etc.. thats all shaking like CRAZY! I feel like I am going to have a seizure looking at it!

I tried to google it, but I am seeing a lot of cursor jittering stuff, and my cursor doesnt have a problem. its just my windows...So I thought it would be good to ask specifically.
    Last edited by CowsThatType; 2013-06-28 at 02:34 PM.
    Ruffles have ridges!....and so do Klingons.

Thread closed at the request of the OP.