10+ Year Old Account

Ask Mr. Robot and my profile.

Hello mates,

normally, i'm using simcraft to checkout my statweights. A friend asked my about a page for reforging, because he's in trouble with reforgelite. So i gave him a link to askmrrobot.com. I visited the site to checkout what the page can provide some information about my character. For optimized results, it pleased me to gem for haste instead of strength. Simcraft put's strength as statweight > everything else.

My questions is: Did i missed something? For some tests, i gemmed, reforged and swapped my enchants around to fit the advice, found out that there was no real gain to do this. You can check out my profile here: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/teldrassil/xiven

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Xiven/advanced

Thyr

Secondary stat gems (haste/crit/etc.) have 2x the budget of strength gems.

If 2x the weight of haste is greater than the 1x weight of strength, whatever program you use is going to tell you to gem for haste. Going with the weights listed, 2 * 1.75 > 3.17, so AMR is appropriately telling you to gem for haste.

By default, SimulationCraft sims a Patchwerk-style fight (no movement) and does not include AMS (less resources generated). Both of these will highly inflate the value of haste, so its real value is much lower. Hence, no noticeable gain in your tests.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Thyr, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. SSHA is right about the weight of STR compared to Haste, which is why Haste gets are picked. Since you're using SimC, I wanted to make sure you're aware of a feature we have. You can export any view of your character on Ask Mr. Robot to SimC. Click the 'export' button on the right side of the 'action bar.'

You can then play with stat weights and reoptimize, then export that setup and test the results in SimC. Hope that helps!
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

10+ Year Old Account
    For a while, simcraft had crit slightly ahead of haste for me, enough so that it was worth changing my gems for it. From what I've read, that's normal once you hit a certain amount of gear. My gear upgrades have pushed haste higher for some reason. First crit and haste were literally neck and neck, to the point that multiple 10k iteration scans would keep putting one ahead of the other and 25k put haste ahead every time, but by a tiny amount to the point that I didn't bother changing my gems or reforges. I recently obtained my 600 ilvl cloak, but for some reason that cloak has pushed haste massively ahead of crit and for the first time ever for me, 2 haste is worth more than one strength. I sim under light movement with player skill one step under elite (I mess up here and there) and I have simcraft modified to include ams soaking. Haste is supposed to get less valuable, the more of it you obtain so I'm confused as to why it is now being ranked so highly for me whereas just recently, simc would rank crit ahead of haste (but again, not by much). I did a 50k iteration scan just so that there wouldn't be any doubts about it (with the factors mentioned above still in play) and I have the 530-4 version.

Is this normal? Again, I was under the impression that more haste combined with ams soaking devalues haste, so if it is normal then why would haste spike in value for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post
    Secondary stat gems (haste/crit/etc.) have 2x the budget of strength gems.

If 2x the weight of haste is greater than the 1x weight of strength, whatever program you use is going to tell you to gem for haste. Going with the weights listed, 2 * 1.75 > 3.17, so AMR is appropriately telling you to gem for haste.

By default, SimulationCraft sims a Patchwerk-style fight (no movement) and does not include AMS (less resources generated). Both of these will highly inflate the value of haste, so its real value is much lower. Hence, no noticeable gain in your tests.
    Ah thanks, i missed that. I shouldn't make any sims if i have to go to bed.