1. #1

    New Unannounced Feature in 5.4

    Guess its was quest mobs which is still new with the Ping and all but not a new feature.
    Last edited by Bugsy; 2013-06-28 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Incorrect info

  2. #2
    I think it's probably Virtual Realms. There are skulls for those mobs because they were golden lotus quest mobs.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  3. #3
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,094
    More convenience at the expense of exploration and gameplay. Games are meant to be hard. Instant gratification is exclusive to the entire concept of gaming.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    More convenience at the expense of exploration and gameplay. Games are meant to be hard. Instant gratification is exclusive to the entire concept of gaming.
    What? Games are not meant to be hard, there are games that are hard, but they are NOT suppost to be hard, atleast not all of them.
    EU ~ Outland

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Games are meant to be hard.
    Games are meant to be games. Difficulty is an unrelated concern.


    As for what the new unannounced feature is... we'll probably never find out which of them. Just that it is one of the features from the 5.4 notes.

  6. #6
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,641
    Why is it removed...? Someone please clarify this for me

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Why is it removed...? Someone please clarify this for me
    GC said the hype was outstripping what any feature could live up to. A lot of people think the "big unannounced feature" was the flex raiding system. I don't think it's virtual realms because it doesn't affect everyone.

  8. #8
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What? Games are not meant to be hard, there are games that are hard, but they are NOT suppost to be hard, atleast not all of them.
    So when you play starcraft 2, do you use cheats, or do you prefer to play the game?

    (Obviously using sc2 as an example - my point is that godmodes exist in most single player games, yet the vast majority of playtime by the total gamer population is spent playing the game without godmode. People play games because they like to be rewarded for overcoming challenges, and if no challenges are presented, the rewards are essentially null)

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral wolftech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    More convenience at the expense of exploration and gameplay. Games are meant to be hard. Instant gratification is exclusive to the entire concept of gaming.
    Games are meant to be FUN, not HARD. There is a balance that needs to be found in every game. The game needs to be challenging, but not so hard it discourages people from playing it. WoW is striking that balance fairly well.
    How to 'Fix' WoW
    1. Fire Chris Metzen
    2. Separate PVE and PVP and balance them separately
    3. ????
    4. Profit!

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    So when you play starcraft 2, do you use cheats, or do you prefer to play the game?

    (Obviously using sc2 as an example - my point is that godmodes exist in most single player games, yet the vast majority of playtime by the total gamer population is spent playing the game without godmode. People play games because they like to be rewarded for overcoming challenges, and if no challenges are presented, the rewards are essentially null)
    I enjoy Animal Crossing, a game with essentially no challenge at all. Games aren't that binary and can be enjoyed for a variety of reasons by a variety of different people :x

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I think it's probably Virtual Realms.
    I think so, for me the famous "New Unannounced Feature in 5.4" is going to be the Virtual Realms


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don't think it's virtual realms because it doesn't affect everyone.
    This might be true if you live on a full realm like Kazzak but on a dead server like mine it effects alot!

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Emfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,722
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Games are meant to be FUN, not HARD. There is a balance that needs to be found in every game. The game needs to be challenging, but not so hard it discourages people from playing it. WoW is striking that balance fairly well.
    I'm pretty sure this is a bit of a subjective thing though.

    Games IMO SHOULD be challenging and difficult, else there's no satisfaction to be gained. If everything is handed to you, then what is there to be excited about?

    The way I see it is that challenging content allows people to get better as a player and satisfy them when they finally reach a certain milestone. If a game isn't challenging (which most WoW content isn't IMO) then people would simply get bored and quit. If a game is too hard, then people get frustrated and quit. If a game is challenging to moderately hard, people will keep trying and pushing their limits in order to get to the end.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    So when you play starcraft 2, do you use cheats, or do you prefer to play the game?

    (Obviously using sc2 as an example - my point is that godmodes exist in most single player games, yet the vast majority of playtime by the total gamer population is spent playing the game without godmode. People play games because they like to be rewarded for overcoming challenges, and if no challenges are presented, the rewards are essentially null)
    Would love to see where you pulled that bit of info from. Just something you made up off the top of your head to support your argument, I'm guessing.

    ^ ^ v v < > < > B A

  15. #15
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    314
    Whether it effects everyone or not is irrelevant. We only know about the "unannounced feature" because Ghostcrawler said it was his favorite feature. It can not effect everyone and still be his favorite feature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •