Lightbulb My ideas for the next few expansions

This is just my ideas for the next few expansion and the way I interpret some of the things said in game and by developers over the years.

WoW 6.X Judgement of the Pantheon (late Spring 2014)

The titans have returned and have come to judge the worthiness of Azeroth before the coming storm. The fallen Titan Sargeras is marshalling the entire Burning Legion to deal with Azeroth once and for all. Realizing that Sargeras intends to release the remaining Old Gods from their prisons, the Pantheon has come to secure them, surprised to find that their creations have slain C'Thun and Yogg-Saron. Only N'Zoth and the unnamed one slumbering beneath Tristfall Glades. Surpised by their creations, they enlist their help to secure N'Zoth who has fully awakened and is straining to break free of his prison beneath the Maelstrom and to repair the corruption of the Emerald Dream.

Expansion highlights
    *new level cap - 95
    *4th spec for every class
    *tri-specs
    *new player models
    *new class - Tinker
    * 3 professions for every character (2 crafting/1 gathering)
    * new gathering profession - Salvager (able to break down items and get base cloth/leather/metals/gems)
    * many new zones including Emerald Dream and the Broken Isles

Wow 7.X (Fall 2015) - Rage of Sargeras

As Wraithion and the Pantheon has warned us, Sargeras has turned his attention back to Azeroth and has brought the full might of the Burning Legion to bear, but we are not without allies in this fight. The fight for Azeroths very survival will take us right to Sargeras's front door of Argus.

*new level cap of 100
    *new race - Ethereal
    *new zones to explore including Argus and the Twisting Nether

WoW 8.0 (Spring 2017) - Aftermath

With Sargeras and the Burning Legion dealt with, the inhabitants of Azeroth being the task of rebuilding their world. Along the way, they will learn about their origins and discover lands long lost to them as well as new friends and enemies. While peace currently reigns after so long at war, all is not as safe as it seems, as the final Azerothian Old God awakens from its slumber and rails against its prison.

So what do you think? Am I close or way off base?

Sounds good to me but i'll expand on a couple of things:

1: 4th spec - Highly unlikely imo as this would mean more class balancing and more headache for the dev's. They kinda moan about class balance as it is now ^^

2: Tri-Spec - Never gonna happen, even if they introduced a 4th spec, Tri-Spec would not work as it would then take any choice completely away from any class that has tank/healer/dps available to them. I would also assume this would cause alot of QQ in forums about certain classes not having a valid spec for the 3rd spec. (Altho I would love to see a separate tab and spec for PvP)

These are my opinions and I expect them to be "scrutinized" thoroughly =)

Regards Goretog

10+ Year Old Account
    In your Washing Machine, Stealing your Socks
    The devils in the details;

Should consider some more thinking towards the Lovegood myth that inspired the Old Gods; sicne Blizz is taken a lot of time to develop that style I don't think they'd use it merely as a plot devise to reassert how bad ass Sageras is - Though I like your idea that he seeks to release them makes sense as they are both the opposed to order; (Sageras is not Chaos perse; but The Old Gods are - they are both the opposed to Order however).

A two-expansion story arc seems unlikely - especailly considering you introduce the Titans before the Sageras - they kind of create everything that seems a little underplaying the awe that moment would have. Each expac contains a self contained plot with a number of over-arching themes.

All of you expansion ideas underplay the vital aspect of wow which is retaining the idea of Horde v Alliance; Wrath has an OK balance of both story elements and faction rivals. And the (Lore) community have clearly displayed a huge desire for more Race specific lore - which is sorely needed, plz Blizz

4th spec = more trouble balancing which = no one winning - I mean there are only 25 (15?) Raid Spots left.

Salvager is a great idea; wondering why it's not there already - A+

Some great thoughts - Can't wait til you solidify your thoughts a bit more with some more research ( 7 old gods I think) and consider what Blizz has already done as it influence what is to come + a few more justifications for why certain features should be added - Why Tinker? Why both Broken Isle and Emerald Dream? Tri-Specs? 3 Prof's necessary when Blizz are already unhappy with the shape that most of the prof's are in the first place?
    I could be wrong but I doubt it

Couldn't just put this in one of the numerous expansion idea/prediction threads?

A 4th spec for all classes would be absolutely awful. Yay, another spec to learn. Yay, another spec to balance in PvE. Yay, another spec to balance in PvP.

Edit: Also read you want another class. So you think 48 specs to not only balance, but also make them all viable in arenas RBGs and raiding, would be good?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacromental View Post
    The devils in the details;

Should consider some more thinking towards the Lovegood myth that inspired the Old Gods; sicne Blizz is taken a lot of time to develop that style I don't think they'd use it merely as a plot devise to reassert how bad ass Sageras is - Though I like your idea that he seeks to release them makes sense as they are both the opposed to order; (Sageras is not Chaos perse; but The Old Gods are - they are both the opposed to Order however).

A two-expansion story arc seems unlikely - especailly considering you introduce the Titans before the Sageras - they kind of create everything that seems a little underplaying the awe that moment would have. Each expac contains a self contained plot with a number of over-arching themes.

All of you expansion ideas underplay the vital aspect of wow which is retaining the idea of Horde v Alliance; Wrath has an OK balance of both story elements and faction rivals. And the (Lore) community have clearly displayed a huge desire for more Race specific lore - which is sorely needed, plz Blizz

4th spec = more trouble balancing which = no one winning - I mean there are only 25 (15?) Raid Spots left.

Salvager is a great idea; wondering why it's not there already - A+

Some great thoughts - Can't wait til you solidify your thoughts a bit more with some more research ( 7 old gods I think) and consider what Blizz has already done as it influence what is to come + a few more justifications for why certain features should be added - Why Tinker? Why both Broken Isle and Emerald Dream? Tri-Specs? 3 Prof's necessary when Blizz are already unhappy with the shape that most of the prof's are in the first place?
    The reason for the Titans before finally dealing with Sargeras is because of how powerful he has become since he left/was kicked out of the Pantheon. Knowing that he has turned his attention back to Azeroth and intends to release them to one again wreck havok in the universe. When they arrive they are surprised that mortals have slain two of the old gods on their own (the only old god of the 5 of Azeroth (from the lore in the WCIII manual) that titans themselves had slain was Y'Shaarj (it might have been the Mogu, lore isn't that clear). In my concept, they 'judge' the mortal races on their worthiness (if they will truly be of use in the coming battle with the Betrayer and his Leigon, or if they shouldn't just destroy Azeroth and the remaining old gods to keep them from causing problems and Sargeras from gaining their power. Technically the Titan's didnt create everything, the Old Gods existed on Azeroth (and other planets) before they did. They defeated them and created their prisons and many of the mortal races on Azeroth, but are not the creators. Sargeras, from what lore there is seems to be equal in power to the rest of the Pantheon combined now.

As far as the rest, I feel that 4th spec is necessary to be able to give every class access to at least 2 dungeon roles. It is unfair (especially after other games have done so) to have pure dps classes (especially if there is no reason to chose a pure over a hybrid, after all why take a class that can only dps, when you can take a class that heal or tank in a pinch) anymore. Unless they are going to make those pure dps classes give up a current spec to do so, a 4th spec is the only equitbale thing, plus since they did it with the druids, there is precedent. The tri-spec was thrown in just because it was in a patch. I don't really care one way or another about it, so long as they find a way to provide every class with access to more than 1 dungeon role.

As far as Tinker, I came up with a concept (I called it the Artificer, based on Titan technology the first pass of it was a hero class and before I decided 4th spec would be the way to go - you can read about it below), but I think a class based on technology would not only be fun to play, but be popular as well. As far as the multiple professions, they have indicated the prefer not having people having crafting alts. Three professions (2 craft/1 gather) would be in line with that. The reason why both the Broken Isle and the Emerald Dream is I do no think there is enough content there for full expansions on their own, and I put it with N'Zoth as he is not only the Old God who corrupted the ED into the Emerald Nightmare, but his prison is also supposedly below Deepholm (which is below the Maelstrom, hence using the Broken Isles as a good marshaling point).

Year after year, more Titan facilities and technology is found all over Azeroth. Some of the greatest minds in Azeroth turn their attention to studying the powerful and dangerous Titan artifacts, giving up their original chosen paths. As they begin to unlock those secrets, new abilities are discovered. The Artificer has learned to control some of power of the Titans and focuses it to defend and heal as well as attack their enemies.

Races Allowed:
    Alliance - Gnome, Dwarf, Human, Draenei
    Horde - Goblin, Undead, Orc, Blood Elf

Armor Type - Mail
    Resource Type - Voltage

Spec 1 - Jox (Tank)
    Stats - Agi (& Stam) + Mastery
    Weapons - Staff/Polearm/2h gun/2h crossbow
    The Jox uses a golem suit to defend his party. With both ranged and melee styles the Jox is equally proficient in both a stand up fight and kiting the enemy.

Spec 2 - Gizmoteer (ranged DPS)
    Stats - AGI + Haste
    Weapons - 2h gun/2h crossbow/pistol*/1h crossbow*
    The Gizmoteer is a ranged DPS using rockets, grenades, placed turrets and even Thermonuclear Death Rays(note: Thermonuclear Death Rays may not make it to the live server) to reign destruction upon the enemy.

Spec 3 - The Dok
    Stats - INT + (all 3 secondary)
    Weapons - Staff/2h Mace/1h mace + Offhand/Dagger+offhand
    The Dok is a healer that uses healing gas grenades, darts, and patches to keep his party alive.

*1h guns (pistols) and 1h crossbow is a new weapon type. It is useable by Artificers (Gizmoteer spec) and Hunters (Survival and Marksmen Spec)
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    A 4th spec for all classes would be absolutely awful. Yay, another spec to learn. Yay, another spec to balance in PvE. Yay, another spec to balance in PvP.

Edit: Also read you want another class. So you think 48 specs to not only balance, but also make them all viable in arenas RBGs and raiding, would be good?
    It would be, unless they finally grew a brain and stopped trying to balance both together and just had split abilities. Balance would be easier to obtain, and less whiners complaining about PVP issues mucking with PVE - I honestly don't care about PVP and would prefer it not be in the game.