Simple question - twins hc 10, what spec performs better?

We have issues with dps on twins so here's my question - what spec performs better here, arcane or fire? My gear is obviously more fire-ish but my skill is quite equal in both specs. On our first day I went fire, we had dps issues though so I want to push maximum out of myself. What will perform better there?

EDIT: I mean mastery RoP build arcane here

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    We have issues with dps on twins so here's my question - what spec performs better here, arcane or fire? My gear is obviously more fire-ish but my skill is quite equal in both specs. On our first day I went fire, we had dps issues though so I want to push maximum out of myself. What will perform better there?

EDIT: I mean mastery RoP build arcane here
    I haven't done H Twins yet, but assuming Suen still pops out in P1 occasionally, having a Combustion Cleave would be pretty nice.

Plus, if your gear is more Crit based, I think you have your answer.

(also keep in mind, most DPS issues with Fire lie with RNG unless you're playing it incorrectly, and if you're at Heroic Twins, I'm guessing it's not your skill level)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    i can comment from a 25man perspective

you have to deal with adds in phase 1, and although suen does appear as she does in normal.. you should be taunting here around the outskirts of the room to reveal these adds.

in any case, fire is going to be more effective on the adds (which should really come to melee, although i guess this depends on group makeup)

you want to be mobile in phase 2, so another point for fire against RoP/Mastery arcane i guess.

the free mana from the crane is pretty beneficial to sustained dps for arcane i would imagine.

if i think of any more arguments il get back to you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Damurd View Post
    the free mana from the crane is pretty beneficial to sustained dps for arcane i would imagine.

if i think of any more arguments il get back to you here.
    Yu'lon (Dragon) gives the mana, not Chi-Ji (Crane).
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    oh sorry, i never paid too much attention to the celestials.. im never the one activating them (i raid as a tank).. Ive had a long day at work.. its showing in the drivel im writing on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Damurd View Post
    oh sorry, i never paid too much attention to the celestials.. im never the one activating them (i raid as a tank).. Ive had a long day at work.. its showing in the drivel im writing on here.
    Haha, it's all good

On a semi-relevant note, I'm the one who triggers them (Despite being one of the worst classes to do so, except when I play on my Shaman) so I pretty much have to know what they do

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I haven't done H Twins yet, but assuming Suen still pops out in P1 occasionally, having a Combustion Cleave would be pretty nice.

Plus, if your gear is more Crit based, I think you have your answer.

(also keep in mind, most DPS issues with Fire lie with RNG unless you're playing it incorrectly, and if you're at Heroic Twins, I'm guessing it's not your skill level)
    I'm not having dps issues, I'm actually topping. The problem is, we still lack dps (doing it 3heal/2tank way, we need a bit more dps to down it before berserk) so I was just looking for some way to push more dps and having seen arcane doing extremely good at some fights lately, I came up with an idea of switching specs in case that would be a dps boost.

I'm not having dps issues, I'm actually topping. The problem is, we still lack dps (doing it 3heal/2tank way, we need a bit more dps to down it before berserk) so I was just looking for some way to push more dps and having seen arcane doing extremely good at some fights lately, I came up with an idea of switching specs in case that would be a dps boost.
    I didn't say you had any issues I'm just trying to boost your DPS as you asked!

Combustion cleaving would surely help when possible, and if your gear is Fire based, you won't do all that well with Arcane.

Deleted
    We have 2 mages in our progression runs.. 1 fire, 1 arcane.. the arcane mage actually does the celestials. hes just a great player and has the timing for them down to a tee. the problem is, he is also one of our best dps (as arcane on almost any fight). We had a few 1% enrage wipes and stuff like that. like vegas said, its mostly about getting as much dps on suen during phase 1 as you can.

I dont know how viable this is in 10man with your comp.. but in 25man, we had most of the ranged swapping to suen when they could.. we are slightly melee heavy tho, so that works for us.

Edit, sorry, i should note, that the reason our arcane mage does the celestials, is because its the fight where he is probably most expendable. He still a damage demon tho!

Deleted
    I've only killed it on 25 man, so thats my viewpoint. Stuff might be different on 10-man.

The most important thing on this fight is killing Suen as fast as possible, which means that you will be dps'ing her as much as possible during night phase also.

What we do is use the slow celestial the 2nd time Suen appears during the night phase. If you activate the celestial just as her tears of sun (I think it is) is finishing you get a whole new slowed duration of the cast keeping her up for about 18 seconds in total. This gives you plenty of time to build up a good combustion and spread it to lu'li.
    All dps should save their 3 min CDs for this Suen burn, hence not using them at the start. She will pop up the 2nd time 1:15 into the fight (8:45 to enrage).

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I didn't say you had any issues I'm just trying to boost your DPS as you asked!

Combustion cleaving would surely help when possible, and if your gear is Fire based, you won't do all that well with Arcane.
    Must have misunderstood you there :P I thought abarr cleaving in p3 would be nice too and as this is one of the least movement-based fights (the only movement for me would be hiding behind meteors/stacking up for tidals, maybe getting away from meteor if it drops close - dealt with a single blink) in this content and arcane is really beast lately I thought I'd give it a shot :P http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Twin_Cons.../14/60/median/

Must have misunderstood you there :P I thought abarr cleaving in p3 would be nice too and as this is one of the least movement-based fights (the only movement for me would be hiding behind meteors/stacking up for tidals, maybe getting away from meteor if it drops close - dealt with a single blink) in this content and arcane is really beast lately I thought I'd give it a shot :P http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Twin_Cons.../14/60/median/
    Now click "Top 100". That's Fire's power.

PS: 80 parses as Arcane, 708 as Fire.

So y'know, there's that.

Mastery RoP is amazing on this fight; probably one of the best fights for arcane in the whole raid. The whole first phase you can just turret while moving slightly to dodge the sleeps. Place your rune on the edge of the ring in the room. Barrage+LB will cleave adds, but on 10 man you want the adds to live longer to inflate tank veng. Phase 2, you're still a turret. If you get knocked back by Suen, your blink will put your right back into your RoP - provided that you aren't glyphed and the wall didn't cut off the full knockback. When hiding behind the Ice Comet, pre cast a RoP that is within blinking distance (learn how far your blink goes so you can just eyeball it) so you can get away from the raid and back in your rune. Phase 3 repeat. Make sure you are fully utilizing your second RoP by placing it in locations that allow you to dodge tidal force/move from fire. I was able to maintain 200k+ (530ilvl) for most of the fight until I got hit with an ice comet right after a blazing sun in phase 3. Squishy Squishy.

H TC is definitely the easiest fight in the instance for arcane. Even H Jin'Rohk isn't as easy.