Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This thread put a smile on my face!

Deleted
    the only thing i miss about melee weapons as an hunter is when in PvP you had brought your opponent too near dead and then they charged in so a normal white melee hit would kill them.
    it didnt happen often, but when it did i always burst out of evil laughter.

beside that our back feels so empty and thats why i want something back on it. but i much rather have a quiver then i want melee weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what would be epic? As someone said a minor glyph, that gives you an extra slot, you could run around with a really long 1h sword and totally go around like "look at my bow, look at my sword, don't you dare make me use my sword as an arrow-blade-combo thing that doesn't exist as of yet!"
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I remember hunters back in TBC... more specifically I remember TK when we killed Al'ar and netherbane dropped. 3-4 hunters were like ooo ooo I want that, that looks cool. But sorry folks, the enhance sham gets it because it's the biggest upgrade to him haha... damn hunters will never take my weapons. This change was manditory, it was just stupid watching hunters take weapons that they didn't need while someone else could have had a major increase in their dps.
    Simple. It becomes a vanity slot. They aren't allowed to roll on the items versus anyone else but getting it by greed or in a group they can use it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 07:23 AM ----------

The way we did it was give them half the point value if they were bidding against a melee user. Sometimes they really wanted it and bid hard but usually waited till it was just hunters. Back when point systems were around.

When I ran a loot council it really came down to who it was a bigger upgrade for and we took into account their damage upgrade for the melee as well. Usually went to the melee but not always.

I miss it

My Hunter is a weapon collector and i have almost all the 1h Swords, Daggers, Fist Weapons, 2h Swords, Staff, Polarms, dropped on normal/heroic and i love wearing them behind my back and sides. When transmogrification introduced, i m really excited but not anymore after blizzard decided to remove the ability to equip all other weapons but bow for hunters. Seriously they are taking all the fun away.

As for people that are mad about hunters getting their items, we are sorry that blizzard has +Agi/Crit/Haste in it thats a hunter stats, and the world is not fair to begin with, we need to farm 2 weapons and we accepted that fate. Anyway its all pointless now we wont be able to wear it anymore.

Agreed. I loved the look of the ToC set with the Orca Hunter's Harpoon on my back.

Though, nowadays, it could totally be feasible to let hunters roll on daggers, if only just for stats. Rogues are the only class rolling on them at the moment. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    Your guild used a fucked up loot system, don't you think the hunters got pissed off when the warriors/rogues stole the hunters bows?

Also, your hunters were pretty retarded for wanting cleavers, and by cleavers i suppose its 1handers? 1handers were always shit for hunters, they gave about 86% of the stats a 2hander gave as far as I remember.
    in TBC all good hunters used 1 handers...mana oil could be applied on both weapons. ICC was different though. Infact BIS were 2 of the Daggers from Eredar Twins.
    Last edited by Renisis86; 2013-07-01 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    And I miss being able to play with my wand while I handle a big staff but some things just aren't meant to be.
    So glad I wasn't drinking anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best part about hunters using melee weapons?

Having heroic melee weapons and making rogues/druids hella mad. Other than that, don't care.

Deleted
    i can only remember myself using 2handers since wotlk due to better enchants/stat budget and they usually looked like crap. in fact i only used 1handers during leveling with 2 +30 agi daggers and pvp due to weapon chain.
    also it was always a qq fest about loot. rogues getting priority on statstick guns and hunters on statstick polearms were always gimping your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    Ignoring all the jokes.

It sucked for me in ICC on my (frost) death knight when hunters won those damn cleavers every time.
    its been a while but why would a frosttank equip 1h agility weapons back then...