Thread: Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Common sense unfortunately it isnt very common anymore and if a 911 operator tells you to get out of a burning house ( he cant since he cant give you order but he can advice you that you should get out of the house)

Or you report a fire in a fertilizer plant he cant order you to leave ( noone can until the police gets there and fence the area off) but common sense you follow the suggestion of we dont need you to stand there watching this fire.

Common sense folks really it isnt that hard. Zimmerman had any of it Martin would be alive today.
    That's ridiculous. You just compared someones life being in immediate danger by burning to death in a burning house to Zimmerman not listening to someone who has no authority. People need to stop making comparisons and analogies on here. They're almost always horribly thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yeah I've been bouncing around between the big 3. Fox was pretty funny too, Heraldo picks someone to interview in the protesters, and he just happens to find the most ignorant woman possible.

CNN has a panel of "experts" bickering.

MSNBC has some woman on making statements lacking any basis in fact and acting like they prove the prosecution failed intentionally...
    The drastic difference between the coverage is comical.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Did you skip over most of the tweets like :

Roddy White roddywhiteTV All them jurors should go home tonight and kill themselves for letting a grown man get away with killing a kid
    Nope. I saw those. About three out of the twenty there were that ridiculous, if I recall correctly. Did you skip over the tweets calling for non-violence and sending prayers to the family when you posted the insult to athletes' brains? Yeah. Probably.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    That's right Zimmerman did all that damage to himself walking into a bush.
    Or George could have prevented all of this will some common sense and adhering to his own Watch rules.
    Operation Red Wing

So pleased with this verdict.

It sends the following message: Act like a thug and bully the neighborhood around, you may very well be done for.

Not that it will fall on the right ears, any who should be learning this lesson will just play it off as "Oh noes, these people were slave owners and they still hates us!!!!111!!"

Remember kids, buy into the race war BS. Our government wants us to fight among ourselves. Enough violence in the streets and they can roll out the tanks.

Common sense unfortunately it isnt very common anymore and if a 911 operator tells you to get out of a burning house ( he cant since he cant give you order but he can advice you that you should get out of the house)

Or you report a fire in a fertilizer plant he cant order you to leave ( noone can until the police gets there and fence the area off) but common sense you follow the suggestion of we dont need you to stand there watching this fire.

Common sense folks really it isnt that hard. Zimmerman had any of it Martin would be alive today.
    goes both ways
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Or George could have prevented all of this will some common sense and adhering to his own Watch rules.
    Kick him out of the watch then.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

No evidence of an attack was ever presented in this case. try harder.
    No evidence that Zimmerman attacked first was ever presented either.

Whether Zimmerman was guilty of either manslaughter or murder, whether he was innocent of all charges, whether he was telling the truth or lying through his teeth the entire way, one fact remains utterly without question:

The prosecution failed, entirely and unashamedly, to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was guilty of the crimes he was charged with. Many of their own witnesses testified on behalf of Zimmerman. I don't know if anyone could have won this case - it's very difficult to prove what essentially only one man alive knows the absolute truth of...but the prosecution did such a truly poor job that the jury had no real choice but to acquit.

That's the rule of law. As a juror, you cannot say, "I feel this man is guilty, so I'll find him guilty." That's not how the justice system in this country works. And we should all be grateful for that - the possibilities of miscarriage of justice under a system of emotional law are staggering, far, far worse than what we currently have in place now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin V View Post
    Nope. I saw those. About three out of the twenty there were that ridiculous, if I recall correctly. Did you skip over the tweets calling for non-violence and sending prayers to the family when you posted the insult to athletes' brains? Yeah. Probably.
    I never insulted any ones brains, maybe you should check who you are quoting, when making accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Or Trayvon could have used some common sense and not attacked Zimmerman.

"If I Did it, Here's How It Happened"
    By George Zimmerman

Front flap reads : Special thanks to O.J. for the inspiration.

The prosecution failed, entirely and unashamedly, to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was guilty of the crimes he was charged with. Many of their own witnesses testified on behalf of Zimmerman. I don't know if anyone could have won this case - it's very difficult to prove what essentially only one man alive knows the absolute truth of...but the prosecution did such a truly poor job that the jury had no real choice but to acquit.

That's the rule of law. As a juror, you cannot say, "I feel this man is guilty, so I'll find him guilty." That's not how the justice system in this country works. And we should all be grateful for that - the possibilities of miscarriage of justice under a system of emotional law are staggering, far, far worse than what we currently have in place now.
    I really wish you could "like" posts on MMO

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I have no clue?

Yeah, if some unknown person was following me in the dark, the last place I'm going to home. So they can come back later and kill me in my sleep? TM didn't know why Zimmerman was following him. Its not normal behavior to follow someone in the dark while its raining. Basic street smarts/survival instincts tell you that the person following you is probably up to no good regardless of their true intentions. Hell, one of the first things they taught us in freshman orientation was that if you suspect someone of following you, don't lead them to you home. Follow a police car for more than 3 blocks and see how fast it takes for you have 2 squad cars behind you. Zimmerman gave TM enough suspicion to defend himself.

Now exactly what did I make up?
    So your advice is call the cops? Good idea shame TM didn't.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    A) Yeah, you'd run. If you would confront with another choice then you are sorely lacking in common sense. Trayvon was not backed into a corner, he circled back to attack Zimmerman. This is backed up in the evidence. Zimmerman chased for a short amount of time, stopped, returned to his truck, drove up a bit to tell the operator where Trayvon had gone and ended the call, Trayvon then doubled back to confront Zimmerman.

B) He never claimed to be police. And being followed doesn't give you the right to attack the person, no matter if they are police or not.

C) He did not get a glimpse of the gun since the gun was behind Zimmerman's back until it was pulled out.

A) Trayvon had much of right to confront Zimmerman as Zimmerman had a right to follow him. TM didn't have to right to hit Zimmerman, but considering the circumstances of a stranger following in the dark and rain, I don't blame him.

B) Never said Zimmerman said he was the police, I implied that he didn't allow the police to do their job. Instead he acted as the police and trailed Trayvon in conditions that would make him appear suspicious and dangerous to TM.

C) Zimmerman said that TM saw that gun and reached for it which prompted Zimmerman to use it. So you're claiming that TM didn't see the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Did you even read the tweets? And it's also a simple fact, athlete's don't get paid for their intelligence, would you seriously try to suggest otherwise?

And what is my bias exactly? And yes, there were one or two that were reasonable, the majority were not however.
    Please post EVERY tweet from that page you found unreasonable. The only one I found truly ridiculous was the one about the jury should kill themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    I don't believe he called 911 but called the neighborhood watch hotline. He signed up as a watcher its his job to follow suspicious people. Deciding to follow him was only one bad decision. TM could have easily run away, he didn't. He could have called the cops, he didn't. He instead chose to confront GZ and then beat GZ.
    And GZ could have chased him down and pulled a gun on him. Again, we really have no idea what happened. TM decided to wear a hoody when it was dark and rainy when the neighborhood had been on watch, kind of something common sense not to do. GZ put himself in a situation where there was clearly an attack and the kid didn't pull him out of his car.

TMs bad choices don't mean GZ is faultless and vice versa. Again, the topic was someone being offended that someone else called GZ an idiot for his clearly poor choices, nothing else. He was an idiot imo. Being an idiot doesn't make him a criminal if there is no concrete evidence.

So your advice is call the cops? Good idea shame TM didn't.
    You would really have to wonder why the defense never brought that up in the 4 minute window period.

I mean really, if the prosecution is claiming Trayvon was scared.... Trayvon was being hunted. Why didn't he call the police, why didn't he call his dad?

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Kick him out of the watch then.
    That and make sure its impossible for him to ever legally own a gun again
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echelonl View Post
    Or Trayvon could have used some common sense and not attacked Zimmerman.
    Martin did not track and follow Zimmerman. Zimmerman tracked and followed Martin. Big difference.
    Operation Red Wing

That and make sure its impossible for him to ever legally own a gun again
    I think he might need the gun now.