Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Time for a new headset, recommendations?

So a while back i bought the Steelseries Siberia v2 Diablo edition, good headset i must say but i have had a slight problem with it, the wires inside broke, so i mailed steelseries and got a refund, but now they broke again. I've owned a total of 3 siberia's ( 1 white standard and 2 diablo's ) and all 3 times there has been a small wire that has broken which caused various amounts of problems ( mic not working, no sound from the right side etc ). I don't have the tools necessary to fix them so i'd rather just buy a new headset.

What i'm looking for: Headset for gaming and music ( music production to be specific, bass sounds etc. ), although they will primarily be focused on gaming.
    Price range: 100-110 eur, maybe slightly higher.
    Be able to go quite loud ( Siberia diablo's can do this, while standard ones can not ) and withstand occasional loud bass.
    Warranty

Also, how can i prevent the wires from breaking in the future? Of course they should be able to tolerate some kind of bending now and then but from my personal experience razer products are utterly terrible at it and siberias wear off after a while.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Deleted
    plantronics gamecom 780 if it must be a headset.

However you'd get better sound quality with something like this:

Takstar HI 2050 + Mini clip on mic

Headset wires have a higher tendency to break compared to headphones.
    Honestly, I would look at a pair of headphones with a detachable cord (eg HD598) and a separate mic-solution if it's a recurring problem, rather than going toward cordless.

My Siberia v2's also broke in the cable. And I took really good care of them (why, I don't know since they sound like garbage)

10+ Year Old Account
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you happen to own one of these? could you tell me a bit about them? Like for how long periods can you wear them without having any kind of side effects? Do they feel heavy? Mic quality? Just overall how you feel about them compared to other headsets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman View Post
    Do you happen to own one of these? could you tell me a bit about them? Like for how long periods can you wear them without having any kind of side effects? Do they feel heavy? Mic quality? Just overall how you feel about them compared to other headsets
    That varies from person to person. For example I love my http://en-de.sennheiser.com/gaming-h...-stereo-pc-320 and I can wear 'em all day. However my brother couldn't stand wearing them for more than an hour or so...

Deleted
    From what I've heard the Vengeance 2000 are pretty decent but just like the 1500 they have a tendency to break/crack in a certain spot (I have no personal experience with this just mentioning it):

Google it or see this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    hm damn i would rather avoid that as i *sometimes* just throw the headset on the table when i need to go do something quick..

10+ Year Old Account
    Every headset have a tendency to break if you go rampage on them.
    Had them for about a year now, sound is crystal clear and extremly comfortable.
    Very sturdy, the picture is probaly some guy that forgot he ran over it with the chair.
    I would buy them again if I had to.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna check them out then, i've previously had a positive experience with corsair headsets so hopefully it will be what i expect. Other suggestions can still be made in this thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Every headset have a tendency to break if you go rampage on them.
    Had them for about a year now, sound is crystal clear and extremly comfortable.
    Very sturdy, the picture is probaly some guy that forgot he ran over it with the chair.
    I would buy them again if I had to.
    This has nothing to do with going rampage on them, they crack about the exact same place so a design flaw. Granted it it could have been fixed and you may get luck or even if it cracks there it might still be fine. I know there is a few on this forum that knows about these, I think Synthaxx has experience with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand, do they break by themself?

Tiamat 7.1 has served me well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I don't understand, do they break by themself?
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.
    I apologize since my English isn't perfect, but I didn't get what you were saying.

Deleted
    If there is a design flaw in the construction in a specific spot then it might break just from normal use, kinda like metal fatigue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched from a headset to a pair of real headphones and a USB mic years ago and I am never going back. So I recommend Logitech's ~25 US usb mic and spend the remainder on the best set of Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic headphones you can afford.

I'm currently using Sennheiser HD598s and the stereo mic on my Logitech C920 webcam. Its awesome.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i like what i see about the vengeance 2000, however; Have people reported issues about the wireless connection? like that it stops suddenly working or there's a delay in sound from whats happening on the screen? and about how loud can these things go? my previous headset could go so loud that you could hear lyrics quite well from another room, which i would probably need for music production in order to inspect sounds a bit closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had anyone complain about the sound when I talk on ventrilo. ^^
    They can go quite loud actually, not sure they are THAT loud though.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    If there is a design flaw in the construction in a specific spot then it might break just from normal use, kinda like metal fatigue.
    Oh I see

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I switched from a headset to a pair of real headphones and a USB mic years ago and I am never going back. So I recommend Logitech's ~25 US usb mic and spend the remainder on the best set of Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic headphones you can afford.

I'm currently using Sennheiser HD598s and the stereo mic on my Logitech C920 webcam. Its awesome.
    I'd second Korgoth's setup: separating the headphone from the mic is the way to go. Furthermore, I can't vouch enough for Sennheiser. Not only do they make headphones that sound great, but they build them so that no matter what breaks, you can get a new part from Sennheiser to replace it. They've been in the game long enough to know that headphones break and when they do, you shouldn't have to buy a brand new pair.

Since OP mentioned that he is into music production, I would like to give a shout out to Audio-Technica's ATH-M50. Fantastic audio quality, specially if you're into production. When it comes to 3D gaming, they might not have the best soundstage due to being a closed can, but they do make it up for it in the crispness of the sound and the awesome bass. Bought a pair for my brother and I'm eyeing them enviously now...