Perfecting my windwalker monk.

Right now I'm at almost 500 ilvl, I've had some very bad luck in my loot this week on LFR's and have yet to do Normals yet due to a few factors (guild members aren't there, really difficult to get into a pug group without achievement, etc)
    Right now I'm sitting at:

6358 Haste
    2560 Crit
    4360 Mastery

9.76% Hit - This is a problem with my gear... I've reforged all the hit I can but unluckily my drops have been lackluster. It's something I'll attempt to fix as soon as I can
    7.52% Expertise - Seems fine

Since I do not have Rune of Re-Origination yet. I've been told that Haste is the most important stat for me, but to stop reforging past 7k. Does this seem alright, should I go for Crit next? I'm starting to definitely feel energy capping, so I think I might pedal back a few hundred Haste, and put that into Crit.

I don't see the point in Mastery until RoR.

Next, I was wondering about Fists of Fury. I've talked to a few fellow monks and they've all told me that it's hit/miss, you can put FoF in your rotation but it won't be a huge loss if you don't.
    But I've also heard that eventually you'll want to completely drop FoF later on due to the fact that you drop autoattacks and tiger strikes while FoF is active. What point should I consider dropping FoF? I don't keep it in my rotation very often and use it sparsely (due to so many factors, keeping RSK on cd, Tiger Palms up, the boss not moving, etc)

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Jaezzyy/simple

Without Rune of Re-Origination, you generally want around 6.7k haste then go fully into crit. The actual haste level you use varies depending on your proficiency at playing the spec, but 6.7k is about average. I would never say drop Fists of Fury, it can be used at all gear levels in certain circumstances. Generally if you've just used Rising Sun Kick, Tiger Power isn't going to run out and you're not going to energy cap you should use it. Even with 9.6k haste I find this occurs relatively frequently.

I use FoF when it looks like I'm not going to cap. Having a energy regen bar helps.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyy View Post
    Right now I'm at almost 500 ilvl, I've had some very bad luck in my loot this week on LFR's and have yet to do Normals yet due to a few factors (guild members aren't there, really difficult to get into a pug group without achievement, etc)
    Right now I'm sitting at:

6358 Haste
    2560 Crit
    4360 Mastery

9.76% Hit - This is a problem with my gear... I've reforged all the hit I can but unluckily my drops have been lackluster. It's something I'll attempt to fix as soon as I can
    7.52% Expertise - Seems fine

Since I do not have Rune of Re-Origination yet. I've been told that Haste is the most important stat for me, but to stop reforging past 7k. Does this seem alright, should I go for Crit next? I'm starting to definitely feel energy capping, so I think I might pedal back a few hundred Haste, and put that into Crit.

I don't see the point in Mastery until RoR.

Next, I was wondering about Fists of Fury. I've talked to a few fellow monks and they've all told me that it's hit/miss, you can put FoF in your rotation but it won't be a huge loss if you don't.
    But I've also heard that eventually you'll want to completely drop FoF later on due to the fact that you drop autoattacks and tiger strikes while FoF is active. What point should I consider dropping FoF? I don't keep it in my rotation very often and use it sparsely (due to so many factors, keeping RSK on cd, Tiger Palms up, the boss not moving, etc)

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Jaezzyy/simple
    Keep Haste and Mastery values near equal. ~5359 for each would give you good results assuming you know how to use Mastery. Mastery is not useless without RoR. However, if you are inexperienced at using Windwalker Mastery, Crit is a decent 'training wheels' stat for learning the priority system. You won't lose massive amounts of damage if you do want to stack more Crit. You also won't see a massive damage loss continuing to reforge the way you are, but it's certainly not reaching your potential max. When you get RoR, you can add Crit into the fold for something like 4427 Mastery, 4426 Crit/Haste, 4425 Crit/Haste.

Additionally, FoF gets easier to use as you get more Haste. It's not really worth dropping (yet, anyway) and does increase your damage by a moderate amount. It has the potential to reduce your damage if you use it incorrectly, though, usually by canceling the cast early.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-06-29 at 05:41 AM.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Deleted
    So its definetely a DPS increase going Haste>Crit untill 6-7k even at lower ilvls? (Ilvl 480)?