Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    I don't understand. The dems are pushing back a major portion of barrycare's implementation to 2015 because they...

...don't want people to have all that wonderful healthcare in 2014? Why? I thought it was the republicans who were evil and enjoy making people suffer and die.
    Since we’re “already seeing benefits of Obamacare,” and the rest is so dangerous to the economy we’re delaying it, why do we need the rest?

They're shoving obamacare down our throats!

Delays implementation to give employers more time to adjust and comply.

They're playing politics!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Repealing ObummerCare addresses the top three. Pull your head out of your ass.
    No not really. The GOP can't repeal obamacare so trying does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

You notice the individual mandate is going nowhere.

Glad to see that Obama is setting precedent that the Executive branch can just suspend mandates written into laws passed by the legislature. Hopefully the next Republican president suspends both mandates, employer and individual, permanently!

15+ Year Old Account
    No not really. The GOP can't repeal obamacare so trying does nothing.
    It does worse than nothing, it wastes time and money.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Politicians are always acting in the interest of the public, and are incapable of doing anything self serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Politicians are always acting in the interest of the public, and are incapable of doing anything self serving.

Yeah that's not what I said

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    Hopefully the next Republican president suspends both mandates, employer and individual, permanently!
    This. That's what happens when you try to have your cake and eat it too. You leave your precious law open to have the crap "mandated" out of it.

Problem is though, the GOP (minus the Tea Party) sort of wants this kind of power. Government never shrinks. Obama knows this, so once Obamacare starts getting its hooks into the system it will only grow and increase forever until it breaks the system completely. The only chance is to prevent as much of it from being implemented as possible until someone is elected who will mandate it into the dustbin of history where it belongs.

THEN hopefully a conservative congress will come along and repeal it completely. Ideally, they would use the same bogus tactics to UNDO Obamacare that the Democrats used to pass it in the first place.

Yeah that's not what I said
    Right, because you suggesting that the implementation delay was done for compliance and adjustment reasons and your typical snide strawman of the anti-Obamacare crowd crying about "playing politics" didn't imply any of what I just said you did.

Right, because you suggesting that the implementation delay was done for compliance and adjustment reasons and your typical snide strawman of the anti-Obamacare crowd crying about "playing politics" didn't imply any of what I just said you did.
    I'm glad we agree.

I'm glad we agree.
    Apparently your Obama protection module is sapping all the power available, leaving your sarcasm module insufficient power to function.

Apparently your Obama protection module is sapping all the power available, leaving your sarcasm module insufficient power to function.
    I'm not the subject of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly though I don't find public polling very relevant to the merits of any law.

Especially on a complex one wrapped up in so much misinformation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the subject of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly though I don't find public polling very relevant to the merits of any law.

Especially on a complex one wrapped up in so much misinformation.
    Yeah, I'm not really going to take any kind of polling seriously when there's so much misinformation out there. When there are people out there that genuinely believe things like Obama is responsible for the nation's budget by blaming a lot of fiscal fuck ups on him, I'm not really going to trust their opinions on a lot of other things.

I'd say there should be a compulsory civics class that everyone must pass before voting, but that would be violating a lot of voting rights amendments, and would potentially be violating the first amendment allowing Fox to wrongly teach people how government works... I mean err, freedom of the press.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know whether or not he can simply mandate what will or won't be implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    I want to know whether or not he can simply mandate what will or won't be implemented.
    If Congress lets him, yes.

If Congress doesn't let him (either by court or by legislation), no.

Checks and balances.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    DHS has a lot of room to decide how to implement the law for obvious reasons.

Idk if this falls under that authority but it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Yes. This policy has been in effect for quite some time now.

Carry on.
    So I can blame the Republican party for the President affirming the PATRIOT act, NDAA and PRISM?

I can blame the Republican party for my social security taxes being stupid high considering I'll never see any of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    So I can blame the Republican party for the President affirming the PATRIOT act, NDAA and PRISM?

I can blame the Republican party for my social security taxes being stupid high considering I'll never see any of it?
    Please see my previous comment several pages back on what social security was supposed to be for.

SS was never intended for, nor should it have been, a retirement plan. It was implemented prior to unions, where industrial accidents were common and it would pay for say dismemberment or death in the event of an accident. Years later, unions formed and started collecting dues. Those dues were supposed to go to people/families that suffered an injury that prevented them from working. Now both of those systems largely ignore that. SS goes to people that walk into an office and sign an X on a form. Union dues go to political campaigns. The programs that were built to protect the 90% were long abandoned and pillaged constantly for any other purpose

They were both very necessary programs that were well intentioned and necessary 100 years ago. But in the past 50 years have been raided and pillaged and so very bastardized by most parties (commentary: I'm not addressing all unions...but some of the biggest ones) that they have destroyed the very base they were built on.