Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    Warlocks have been asking for green fire since vanilla, and the storyline told in the green fire quest outlines a lot of the mysterious new abilities that warlocks have received, such as the grimoires.

It's kind of hard to expect something like that, given how integral the idea was to a very long class specific desire. I'm all for class quests, but a DK frostwyrm mount would be kind of... pointless.
    In the grand scheme of DPS, so is green fire.

It's entirely cosmetic, as would be a frostwyrm. And warlocks will be using it for a loooong time, like a DK could use a frostwyrm.

A weapon will be thrown away in 6.0, a mount lasts forever.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Finally conclusive proof that the next expansion is going to be World of Warcraft: The Return to Northrend!
    World of Warcraft: Revenge of the Lich King
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    That'd be true if every strength weapon in each tier was identical
    Usually different weapons are budgeted differently though, two of the same polearm might be better in terms of stats than two of the same axe
    Oh true, but we aren't talking about something where Warriors would HAVE to get the 2 polearms. Well unless they're in a really razor's edge guild.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    World of Warcraft: Revenge of the Lich King
    World of Warcraft: The New Scourge.

With the new third (and only true evil) faction, Forsaken.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this is indeed a warrior quest for dual wielding polearms....they'd have to let you transmog other weps into polearms first considering there's hardly many strength polearms you'd have double of with stats you want unless 5.4 has an influx of them.

On a side note if this is a return of class quests with warriors in 5.4 and then locks in 5.2, i'd expect pallys and hunters in the near to not so distant future. Hunters would be given their signature quiver on their back they've been asking for for years. Pallies(while pink spells makes sense and would be the ultimate troll), we may finally see librams at our sides another thing that's been asked for for years. Hunters will most likely happen first and they'll base the reaction to displayable vanity as they go forward with pallies and see where that goes for other classes.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-06-29 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got this guys.

Each of the individual barricades that form the perimeter fence have three individual spiked prongs.

The dragon has seven visible spines on its head and lower back, which correlates with the letter "G"

Multiply that by two, the number of NPCs present in the camp, and you get 14, which corresponds with the letter "N"

So we end up with "G" "N" and 3"

I think I can safely claim that half life three has been confirmed.

anyway... It seems pointless for them to add a quest "giving" warriors the ability to dual-wield polearms... as they'd have to create new polearms, inconveniencing people in drops (aw dang I got a weapon from LFR and a polearm from raiding, but I can't use the polearm) and potentially inflating loot tables pointlessly.

The "allowing warriors to TRANSMOG into Dual-wield polearms" seems... a little... more viable, but as has been pointed out, that's one half of one spec.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Warriors will be able to dual wield pole arms in 5.4 just transmog 2h to polearm

If there are going to be any quests for Warriors I don't think dual-wield polearms would be it, just another feature of 5.4. Making a quest for it would be incredibly underwhelming as it only benefits a portion of one spec (Fury) who is also interested in polearms....just no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    But if you're the death of death aren't you life?

Life Knights..?
    If you're the death of Death you play too much Castlevania.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    If it IS a Dual Wield polearm for warrior's questline, then Polearms had better make a MASSIVE appearance in future content. It'd be a huge waste of time to only get 2 str polearms per expansion and thats it.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    If it IS a Dual Wield polearm for warrior's questline, then Polearms had better make a MASSIVE appearance in future content. It'd be a huge waste of time to only get 2 str polearms per expansion and thats it.
    I expect to see Polearms get the Staff treatment--you'll get some itemized for druids and monks, and some itemized for warriors, death knights, and paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I expect to see Polearms get the Staff treatment--you'll get some itemized for druids and monks, and some itemized for warriors, death knights, and paladins.
    Paladins can't wield maces... i mean polearms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Paladins can't wield maces... i mean polearms.
    /headscratch

You funnin' with me or did I seriously forget that much about the core mechanics of a class I used to main in Wrath? Both are equally-likely...

they are level 75 NPCs

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    /headscratch

You funnin' with me or did I seriously forget that much about the core mechanics of a class I used to main in Wrath? Both are equally-likely...
    They can use both.

On topic: I hope this is the part where blizzard said they'd make warrior visuals more interesting, still missing rogue visuals though.
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2013-06-29 at 04:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    They can use both.
    Well, I know the old joke about pallies and maces. Mine rocked a mean Verigan's Fist back in the day. Had forgotten about polearms, though, since I haven't seriously played mine since falling in love with my warrior again.

On topic: I hope this is the part where blizzard said they'd make warrior visuals more interesting, still missing rogue visuals though.
    Makes me wonder what they've got in mind. Warriors, thematically, are a pretty basic class. You pick up a big weapon or two, or a shield, and beat the everloving hell out of stuff with it/them. I think our most visually-engaging abilities are, what, Dragon's Roar, Avatar, and maybe the bleed effect from Bloodbath? I mean, there is a whole lot of room for improvement, but I'm scratching my head as to what they'd have in mind that wouldn't thematically fit death knights, paladins, or even monks and hunters better.

Everyone bringing up DK frostwyrm is aware there are already frostwyrm mounts available in game, right? Making a class only quest to get a reskin of something you can already get seems like it would be a bit....unimpressive.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OOoOOooOo making a return to Northrend are we?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Everyone bringing up DK frostwyrm is aware there are already frostwyrm mounts available in game, right? Making a class only quest to get a reskin of something you can already get seems like it would be a bit....unimpressive.
    Akin to how greenfire is simply a reskin of their fire spells? (Just pointing it out)

I'd be happy with a frost wyrm, if it looked like sapphiron. Mostly, I'm hoping its a warrior quest for something. Anything would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by angryplateguy View Post
    Akin to how greenfire is simply a reskin of their fire spells? (Just pointing it out)

I'd be happy with a frost wyrm, if it looked like sapphiron. Mostly, I'm hoping its a warrior quest for something. Anything would be cool.
    I guess you have a point, but it was something unique warlocks had been asking for specifically for a long time. A frostwyrm is just like....I dunno, "here's a mount that pretty easy to get now anyway." I'd hope a class specific quest would be a little more nifty than that, but that's just me.

I love these little subtle things