New to Lock. Few questions.

Hello. As title says i am new to Warlock ( fresh 90 ). I have been reading guides, watching videos etc about class but i have to say, Warlocks are extremely unfriendly to people have no idea about class. I havent had this issue with other classes. Especially Demonology. I understand some specs are for advanced players and hard to master but still, im confused as hell.

Loads of different spells, and more spells to make those spells even more different. 3 different resource for each spec. I really want to give it a go because Mage or SP not really my thing. What i want to ask is; Am i overthinking this or Locks are really hard to play. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks!

Try to start with destruction or affliction and get something to track procs/dots. (affdots)

Deleted
    To be honest, you should've picked up on how to play a warlock (either spec) during the time it took you to get from level 1 to level 90.

But I guess you could try Destruction, quite easy to learn spell priority.
    Also, as iru said, get something to track cooldowns (affdots, Weak Auras etc.).

Locks are not harder nor easier to play than other classes. Most classes have specs with varying degrees of complexity, and most are fairly similar in their degree of "difficulty". It's true that some specs have more things to track than others, but that's also the case with other classes.

You should take your time reading the stickies in this forum that deal with each of our three specs. All the spells, talents, and priorities are explained there in great detail. Once you have a general idea, get some practice in by doing heroics and LFR, and get a feel for the class and its specs.

Performance-wise it's generally recommended to start with Destruction, as it's more forgiving of lower gear quality. Once you get some gear, you can switch to other specs. Destro remains popular as an off-spec, largely because ToT has several fights where Destruction is rather good and can make use of the encounter mechanics to its advantage. Demonology is also very popular, especially once you obtain the Unerring Vision of Lei Shen trinket. Demo/Destro is a fairly common spec combination, that offers you most of the tools you need for ToT.

In the end, though, you'll just have to play and see. You can find most of the information you need in this forum, and you should read it and re-read it thoroughly and frequently, but ultimately that is no substitute for actual game experience. Try things, play the specs, practice a lot - and you'll find out quickly which one is for you.

Deleted
    Locks are pretty easy to be mediocre, quite a bit harder to hit the skill-roof area.

If you've just dinged, I'd focus on getting a feel for things before worrying about minmaxing everything, the core rotations really aren't very difficult and can pull out decent enough numbers by facerolling through them.

After that, the stickied threads contain most of what you'd need to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo is quite a different beasty then most specs, I agree, and personally I *still* have trouble with it, even though I know how the basics work. So don't hang yourself up too much on Demo if it seems like a lot to take in. Either take it step by step, by reading the sticky guide and doing everything in Demo while you slowly learn OR if you are not devoted to Demo try out either of the other specs, as they are a lot more straightforward (to start with at least).

There's not much between the specs to start with, Destro should be a bit ahead, but you are not gimping yourself with Demo/Affli. Just pick the spec you want and start doing everything in it, it's the best way to learn.