Need advice for good profession combo.

Hi.
    My main is warlock and currently I have mining and jc. I wanna now abandon mining and wonder what would work best with jc on my main? On other char I have alchemy. I was thinking about enchanting but Im not sure how its profitable those days. Any advice?

PS: I want some bonus for raiding but Im not min maxing so Im looking for some profitable options.

Also do you all buy ores or have "gathering' alt?

If you have enough time and patience you can make gold with any profession, though of course a lot depends on the competition on your server. Engineering is probably the hardest to make gold with but I still make a 5-figure clear profit from that every week. I'm lucky though, I have only 1 competitor in this market. If you play a lot but don't want to spend time crafting/watching the AH, gathering profs still offer you the best chance of making gold.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

In terms of stat bonuses, all crafting professions are equal so pick your prof based on other considerations.

If you're looking for a good moneymaker, may depend on your server but I find tailoring for the bags pretty easy and reliable. Clear about 4k a week on those, just have to run my farm for motes (without motes it's just using your daily cd for 12 days per bag, even easier but a bit slower than using motes as well). However you are limited in how many bags you can make. Alchemy transmute CDs could make you a bit as well, though I haven't tried doing much of that. And there's still a decent market for DMF cards if you go Inscrip.

Personally I run the appropriate gathering profession for each crafting profession. Means my main is slightly under optimal, but it's pretty minor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    JC is the best gold making profession on WoW in my opinion, followed by enchanting. The two work really well together, because you can DE green quality jewellery for enchanting materials. You can easily double your money buying ghost iron ore, prospecting it, cutting the gems, transmuting the more expensive gems with alchemy, turning the rest into jewellery and disenchanting them to make enchants. I can make 30k per day between the two professions, on a busy realm. But you can probably make 10k on a medium pop, or more.
    Last edited by mmoce306757dc8; 2013-07-01 at 02:30 PM.