Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    not subbed to wow, decreases my chance of getting into the beta?

    title

    /10char

  2. #2
    While there's nothing official, I'll say, "I can see them doing that."
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    While there's nothing official, I'll say, "I can see them doing that."
    Wow. You're kidding, right? I mean, I know it's fashionable to be cynical and paranoid about big evil gaming companies, but that's a bit much.

    If you signed up for Hearthstone, you're on the list. I really, really doubt that having an active WoW sub will affect things at all.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Wow. You're kidding, right? I mean, I know it's fashionable to be cynical and paranoid about big evil gaming companies, but that's a bit much.

    If you signed up for Hearthstone, you're on the list. I really, really doubt that having an active WoW sub will affect things at all.
    If anything it would be a better marketing scheme to get people into HS beta that are NOT subbed to WoW at the moment, in order to draw them back in, either with this new game, or through contact with the Warcraft universe a return to WoW. People subbed to WoW at the moment are more likely to give HS a chance then those who are not, and have gone on to other games/hobbies.

    Try to argue with that flawless logic, I say.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  5. #5
    I agree with the above!

    Post more constructively next time, please.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-06-30 at 02:44 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Wow. You're kidding, right? I mean, I know it's fashionable to be cynical and paranoid about big evil gaming companies, but that's a bit much.

    If you signed up for Hearthstone, you're on the list. I really, really doubt that having an active WoW sub will affect things at all.
    That argument depends on you considering it being a negative "evil" move.

    I'd be totally fine with it, just like I'm fine with the people who bought the annual pass getting priority to the MOP Beta.

    If blizzard want to give extra bonuses to their existing fanbase and supporters, I can see logic in that (I can also see xskarma's point), ESPECIALLY since the HS beta has ingame rewards iirc, though that seems more of an indication that everyone will get in at some point, since people would go bananas if they didn't get their mount.

    So yeah, I wouldn't dislike them if they did do it, but all signs indicate (to me) that everyone will get in at some point.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowdaaboo View Post
    I agree with the above!

    Post more constructively next time, please.
    just a question: you let a /10char thread be, but infract someone like that? do you think this will work well?

    on topic:
    no.

  8. #8
    Fluffy Kitten Millennía's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    If anything it would be a better marketing scheme to get people into HS beta that are NOT subbed to WoW at the moment, in order to draw them back in, either with this new game, or through contact with the Warcraft universe a return to WoW. People subbed to WoW at the moment are more likely to give HS a chance then those who are not, and have gone on to other games/hobbies.

    Try to argue with that flawless logic, I say.
    I hope that is the case since I have cancelled my sub! Wasn't there some sort of mount reward on the front page a while ago that was earned by participating in the Hearthstone beta? If that is the case then I would imagine it would be an open beta at some point because they can earn on the transactions while developing the game.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    That argument depends on you considering it being a negative "evil" move.

    I'd be totally fine with it, just like I'm fine with the people who bought the annual pass getting priority to the MOP Beta.

    If blizzard want to give extra bonuses to their existing fanbase and supporters, I can see logic in that (I can also see xskarma's point), ESPECIALLY since the HS beta has ingame rewards iirc, though that seems more of an indication that everyone will get in at some point, since people would go bananas if they didn't get their mount.

    So yeah, I wouldn't dislike them if they did do it, but all signs indicate (to me) that everyone will get in at some point.


    What's even more likely though is that they'll look at technical specs (like you are forced to give them to even sign up for beta) and invite people based on what specs they want to test, at least at first. I can see Annual pass distribution of beta access being how they'll distribute HS beta as well. Going off of past loyalty and beta sign up date to determine who gets in first, but eventually everyone getting the chance to play.

    What it won't be is Blizzard denying beta access to anyone who dared to enter beta sign up without being subbed to WoW. That'd be shutting out a whole range of people that are interested in the game.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 08:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    just a question: you let a /10char thread be, but infract someone like that? do you think this will work well?

    on topic:
    no.
    We don't discuss moderation in the forums, but just so you know, I didn't actually infract that guy. You can see it by the red cards bottom right of his post not being there.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  10. #10
    Most likely, yes.

  11. #11
    Total bullshit.

    I got Cata and MoP beta access while not having an active sub as well as D3 and SC2.

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk Agent Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eielson AFB, AK
    Posts
    1,806
    Most likely tags you as a subscriber getting you access faster.

  13. #13
    Blademaster insectoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    28
    Didnt people get into the beta of wow faster by being subbed for a long time and the time of their account creation? Think i heared something about that with MoP

  14. #14
    Pretty sure if your not subbed you will not get beta.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by insectoid View Post
    Didnt people get into the beta of wow faster by being subbed for a long time and the time of their account creation? Think i heared something about that with MoP
    no

    My account was open since release and I got MoP on the last beta wave

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rejolt View Post
    Pretty sure if your not subbed you will not get beta.

    This does not have any sense. Hearstone is aiming not only for WoW players. Ofc the majority will be people who played WoW but limiting beta to only WoW subscribers is not a good idea.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Wow. You're kidding, right? I mean, I know it's fashionable to be cynical and paranoid about big evil gaming companies, but that's a bit much.

    If you signed up for Hearthstone, you're on the list. I really, really doubt that having an active WoW sub will affect things at all.
    Oh snap, didn't realize this was the HS forums. I thought he meant for WOW beta. My bad.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  18. #18
    depends, theres ingame rewards for wow players when they buy the packs right? seems like someone wanting a mount in wow is more likely to pay for cards

  19. #19
    My friend who hasn't been subed to wow since BC got into cata and wrath beta D3 beta and SC2 beta (also heart of the swarm although maybe that was him preordering it can't remember) meanwhile I was subbed to wow DAY ONE LAUNCH without a SINGLE cancelation 7+ years non stop payment.. never got a single beta invite lol now I have cancelled (not related) lets hope I get invited now!

  20. #20
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,288
    I'd love to say it wouldn't affect your chance...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •