Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Just runestones are guarenteed.
    No it's secrets too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Way to miss the point colossally. I'll likely have full BiS bar cloak by the time the Boss is out, but i can't do it despite overgearing it because i've not been doing Throne on this char since it came out. Seems great.

If they're going to gate it put some kind of portal that you can only enter with X ilvl.
    You're making it seem like you HAVE to do this boss for progression.

SoO drops the same ilvl of loot. You could go farm 50 coins from dailies and use a bonus roll on a boss in SoO and get the same result as having done this boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, my main doesn't have the cloak yet AND I'm about to switch mains because we have to replace someone.

I'm going from having 9/12 secrets to being back on the 3k valor quest.

I only wanted to respond to show you how much you put your foot in your mouth when you speak.

Back to ignoring you.
    Right so your swallowing it and accepting it full throated like a good little boy. Some of us will not into that good night.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    No it's secrets too.
    No it's not.

Actually, my main doesn't have the cloak yet AND I'm about to switch mains because we have to replace someone.

I'm going from having 9/12 secrets to being back on the 3k valor quest.

I only wanted to respond to show you how much you put your foot in your mouth when you speak.

Back to ignoring you.
    Maybe switch guilds and continue with your furthest progressed character instead of setting yourself back to December of 2012?

If losing one person means you have to re-roll instead of just plugging someone in, or hitting the recruitment threads, it sounds like the guild is on it's last legs anyway.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2013-06-30 at 02:27 AM.

Way to miss the point colossally. I'll likely have full BiS bar cloak by the time the Boss is out, but i can't do it despite overgearing it because i've not been doing Throne on this char since it came out. Seems great.

If they're going to gate it put some kind of portal that you can only enter with X ilvl.
    They have this thing called LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're making it seem like you HAVE to do this boss for progression.

SoO drops the same ilvl of loot. You could go farm 50 coins from dailies and use a bonus roll on a boss in SoO and get the same result as having done this boss.
    Actually no you couldn't. You still be one less roll. In fact no matter how you add it up your losing. That's the whole point of adding this. It's purposely exclusionary and it being purposely exclusionary it is going to mean that some people LOSE OUT. Alot of people potentially although I'd be interested to know the figures on participation in the quest. However no one need lose out as far as I can tell. Your feeling special about this thing and getting anymore reward out of it (when you were doing it anyway) is not necessary obviously.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Easy to say when you aren't the one missing out on anything. Tell you what let's find some arbitrary criteria to exclude you from content and then you can swallow it and accept and be a good little boy..
    You don't do pet battles, so you don't get the Venus pet. You don't PvP so you don't get the cool Tyrannical gear for your transmog collection. You don't do holiday events so you can't get many titles. You didn't do Shield Wall or Dominance Offensive so you miss out on a sweet storytelling experience.

There always have been and always will be consequences for choosing to not participate in content.

But it's not even that. You can -still- catch up. There is nothing from preventing anyone from going back and catching up on the questline, which gets easier and easier as time goes on. Sigil drop rates buffed, no longer will you get excess sigils, you can get either kind from any 5.0 raid. Test of Valor down to 3k from 6k. Change of Command boss made doable for smaller groups. Lei Shen guarantees you a Runestone every week.

I do not understand your PoV at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Maybe switch guilds and continue with your furthest progressed character instead of setting yourself back to December of 2012?

Considering I'm the raid leader, that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

I think you may be taking my post out of context. I'm not complaining that I have to do it, I was pointing out to the reject that having this boss being gated WILL affect me.

If you're in a guild that nets you full BIS, you won't be missing out on anything not being able to do one world boss, who won't be dropping any heroic gear and, thus, is not on any BIS lists.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to add to your post.

I'm also pretty sure they've upped the secrets drop rate did they not? Also they made it so Lei Shen always drops a Secret/Runestone, they're basically implying they want you to do the legendary quest chain.
    thats my assumption for this change too. cuz it will i guess, force? people to get it. however on the flip side i am some what afraid that if they implement this they might not increase or tweak the drop rate of the titan runes. Because honestly, yea lei shen drops them guaranteed, but trust me the drop rate is atrocious. 4 weeks, I have had 3, and 2 of those are from lei shen.

-------------------------------------------------
    ON TOPIC
    -------------------------------------------------

read alot of responses here and its basically, no you need to put effort vs no this is entitlement.

Look at the bigger picture. This is the first expansion where sweeping changes have been made to help people access items/content more. Legendaries through lfr. everyone has one. Mounts, pets all accessible for everyone without any commitment or sinkage. Blizzard has been far more accomodating too. The valor drop from 6000 to 3000. The qiraji pet. The rep faction change. The valor gain increase.

Entitlement may be an issue yea, but is it not entitlement if you ask that others not get stuff because you cannot have it? Its a warped concept, almost like looking at something upside down. But there it is.

The game. Heavily recommend to remind yourself that it is a game. Is based around adaptation now, rather than grinding. This boss which may seem inaccessible, is not really one. Just requires you to jump over 2 hoops rather than 1. Figure out how to jump over that one hoop. Do not complain about it being there. Complaints over pixelated hoops is a very terrible personality trait.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuramie View Post
    I'm not sure I get the point either. You have about two months or more to catch up before the patch even comes out, right?
    And i'm not even at the secrets part yet. Assuming i get luckier than even the luckiest people in my guild, i'm probably going to miss 3 resets of this boss at minimum.
    For those of us pushing for server firsts, losing opportunities at dps upgrades is godawful at best.

As i said, i don't mind gating it with ilvl, but with an item that takes months to get minimum, that's just plain stupid.

If you're in a guild that nets you full BIS, you won't be missing out on anything not being able to do one world boss, who won't be dropping any heroic gear and, thus, is not on any BIS lists.
    It drops 553 and thunderforged versions of that. Those are most definately items to be missing out on when that ilvl is not currently obtainable.

Entitlement may be an issue yea, but is it not entitlement if you ask that others not get stuff because you cannot have it? Its a warped concept, almost like looking at something upside down. But there it is.
    No one's asking that people lose out because we can't get it, we're asking for a less absurd gating system.
    Last edited by mmoc71776687c4; 2013-06-30 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Actually no you couldn't. You still be one less roll. In fact no matter how you add it up your losing. That's the whole point of adding this. It's purposely exclusionary and it being purposely exclusionary it is going to mean that some people LOSE OUT.
    Then get the legendary cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then get the legendary cloak.
    If the choice is do our thing or lose out on something we've provided because we mandate the existence of such exclusionary things (far in excess of their "need" to exist) I think I'll join the 2 million+ and keep my subscription.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-06-30 at 02:30 AM.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account

yea that sounds a more solid route of making it exclusive content. Which is why I think that it really is not exclusive. Blizzard, i assume (key word) is trying to make people get their asses moving on the legendary questline more so. Since the next patch people wont really have need to do tot lfr otherwise.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

And i'm not even at the secrets part yet. Assuming i get luckier than even the luckiest people in my guild, i'm probably going to miss 3 resets of this boss at minimum.
    For those of us pushing for server firsts, losing opportunities at dps upgrades is godawful at best.

As i said, i don't mind gating it with ilvl, but with an item that takes months to get minimum, that's just plain stupid.

It drops 553 and thunderforged versions of that. Those are most definately items to be missing out on when that ilvl is not currently obtainable.

Your raid benefits you being on a non melee a lot more than the few pieces of loot you MIGHT get.

If they had told you before you switched mains that you would need cloak would you have still switched? Probably, and for the exact reason I just stated.

If Blizzard is so intent in gating this boss and forcing everyone to do the quest, how about removing the stupid RNG and make every sigil/secret/runestone a 100% guaranteed drop from any boss?

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    If Blizzard is so intent in gating this boss and forcing everyone to do the quest, how about removing the stupid RNG and make every sigil/secret/runestone a 100% guaranteed drop from any boss?
    What part of.. "This boss is directed at raiders and players who have been putting in time since September" is difficult to understand?

Thirty pages of shitstorm and counting? Surprise surprise.

*off to get more popcorn*

Blizzard: "the legendary is a cloak"
    Players: "not a weapon? table flip"
    Blizzard: "oh, and it gets you access to a new world boss"
    Players: "now the wrathion quest is mandatory? table flip"
    Blizzard: "no, but it's a little something extra since the legendary isn't a weapon."
    Players: "excluding players with no time. table flip"
    Blizzard: "fuck this, lets make a card game"

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not raided once, only LFR and I'm nearly current on my legendary quest.

I can't believe people are surprised they can't do cool stuff now because they didnt put the time and effort in, ITS A LEGENDARY QUEST, I mean c'mon, it was pretty obvious something awesome was going to come from it.