Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
... LastLast
  1. #601
    I am Murloc! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    I would imagine that because the "hardcore" crowd is such a small % of the overall playerbase, that it would cost them more than they would make.

    Everyone deserves equal content yes, but you can't do that when you're trying to make a game available to everyone. Unfortunately this is exactly what Blizzard is trying to do.

    They need to find some way to split it or they're going to keep running into the same problems over and over again.

    It's just not physically possible to create content that's challenging and rewarding, while being able to be done at your leisure.
    They are way to stubborn to admit defeat, its the same deal with the classic servers people want. They are completely stuck on the fact they refuse to open special servers.

    Infact they wont even make spells function differently in pve and pvp because it would confuse mouth breathers. I mean fuck me sideways the spells arent that hard to learn over the course of 90 damn levels.

    The best part is, there wasnt always such a massive rift in the community. They created that rift between casuals and hardcores in Cata and ever since then everyones been blaming the wrong people.

  2. #602
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,029
    Keep in mind you can have a cloak doing nothing but LFR.

  3. #603
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's an avenue of character progression that is denied to me without choice. Not doing the quest is a choice, I had my fill of questing very much. However if you also said to me you will also lose out on the world boss and the choice is completely out of your hands (unless you play ball with our legendary quest because we just have to reward those folks with an ENTITLEMENT mentality who apparently aren't satisfied with a cloak) then I would have said well I guess I better do the quest or better yet fuck you I'll keep my 15 bucks. It's almost as bad bringing back attunements. They might as well.
    The only person acting like they are "entitled" is you however. If I had not done the Legendary quest line I would really careless about this world boss that I really DON'T have to do. As it is you are complaining to complain no other reason as of now. You made a "choice" to not do anything for the legendary quest that was your choice to not do anything. Well good for you It was my choice to do it and cause of it we get an extra boss who has ZERO Lore to it (most likely) and is just there as a bonus like a bonus roll on loot from the 3 other world bosses you are going to be able to farm. Sadly from everything you have posted I'm going to take it as you just want to be pissed cause you didn't do something for once and can't see something that YOU FEEL ENTITLED you should see yet did NOTHING AT ALL to be able to see it. Pot, Kettle, Black.


  4. #604
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    How much Effort is involved with complete RNg drop rates?
    Either very little, or a lot.
    If you look at the PoV of having to keep running said raid, or in many peoples case LFR.

  5. #605
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    The only person acting like they are "entitled" is you however. If I had not done the Legendary quest line I would really careless about this world boss that I really DON'T have to do. As it is you are complaining to complain no other reason as of now. You made a "choice" to not do anything for the legendary quest that was your choice to not do anything. Well good for you It was my choice to do it and cause of it we get an extra boss who has ZERO Lore to it (most likely) and is just there as a bonus like a bonus roll on loot from the 3 other world bosses you are going to be able to farm. Sadly from everything you have posted I'm going to take it as you just want to be pissed cause you didn't do something for once and can't see something that YOU FEEL ENTITLED you should see yet did NOTHING AT ALL to be able to see it. Pot, Kettle, Black.
    We both pay 15 bucks and I assume we both value our time. One of us is upset about the decision made on the part of the developers to keep us out of content for as far as I can tell no reason. The other feels entirely entitled to see this content because as far as I can tell you consider your sub more valuable than mine. I can see no other reason for anyone to defend the developers in this.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  6. #606
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    No one is being forced to do anything. This is an OPTIONAL BOSS. You do NOT have to do it.
    I thought it was mandatory to get my caps every week, killing every world boss every week, get my valor cap, do bosses on LFR just for the legendary ite.. oh wait, I slacked on that, do not tell my raid leader this.

    Problem here is that your raid leader expects you to do all of that, and if you cannot because you slacked or were extremely unlucky (which is extremely unlikely) then you cannot do this boss means no extra chance of getting extra loot which nerfs your performance which means less chance of a raid spot or less chance killing the progress boss.

    But doing the OPTIONAL legendary quest line is really not that time consuming. LFR goes quicker every week because of gear and people knowing the tactics better. You can do one wing in about 30 minutes. Which means if you are in P1 going for your LMG will take you about 2 hours (while you are queeud you can do other stuff if you are intelligent) and P2 for your cloak will cost you about 1 hour every week. There is even a mechanic which guarantees you one Runestone a week if you just kill Lei Shen on any difficulty. Which means after 12 weeks P2 you got guaranteed cloak, but on average it will take you 6 weeks. Which means if you get your LMG today the chance you get your cloak before 5.4 is quite high. And that means you got the 5.2 reward well into patch 5.3. So catching up on the MoP legendary is really quite forgiving, and with the guaranteed drop has a bad luck protection. Getting to 5.2 level is really faceroll. 3k VP is 3 weeks. The sha touched weapon you can do in a few weeks, since the droprate is insanely high. The world boss you can easily PuG even xrealm. And the droprate is the same for all from the LFR only to the hardcore HC raider. Worried about not getting your cloak? If you put in some effort, no need to, and even if you come back or rerolled I would not worry too much. Blizzard even intends to make the catch up mechanic easier in 5.4.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  7. #607
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    We both pay 15 bucks and I assume we both value our time. One of us is upset about the decision made on the part of the developers to keep us out of content for as far as I can tell no reason. The other feels entirely entitled to see this content because as far as I can tell you consider your sub more valuable than mine. I can see no other reason for anyone to defend the developers in this.
    Nice way to "try" and spin what I said. However you still failed at doing it. I "chose" to do the legendary quest line not on 1 toon but on 2. I'm a raider and as far as raiders are concerned we will always do what it takes to get the best that we can. You made the decision to NOT do something which was YOUR CHOICE. I've never said or for that matter implied that my $15 was more of value then yours. However I've been doing a Legendary quest line that at some point I knew would give me something as a radier that would be needed be it for more stats or whatever else the devs decide to throw into the game at THEIR CHOICE. As I said you can try and spin this all you want you are upset cause now that you see a Boss being added that is going to have a requirment that you can not do cause of a choice that YOU made you are upset.

    Keep in mind this was YOUR CHOICE to not do the quest line just like it was mine to do it as well. the fact that we are getting an extra OPTIONAL boss is just something nice to have. Which in no way holds you back from getting gear from the 3 other world bosses that are going to be put in place come 5.4 that will most likely drop Tier as well as other random epics with the ilvl of SoO. So again Pot, Kettle, Black. You invalidate everything you say by saying you made the choice NOT to do something and now want to complain that you are not getting something that is TOTALLY OPTIONAL to begin with. So for the 3rd time.... Pot, Kettle, Black.


  8. #608
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    We both pay 15 bucks and I assume we both value our time. One of us is upset about the decision made on the part of the developers to keep us out of content for as far as I can tell no reason. The other feels entirely entitled to see this content because as far as I can tell you consider your sub more valuable than mine. I can see no other reason for anyone to defend the developers in this.
    I suspect the reason is to keep silly low levels, undergeared alts, and slackers away which allows them to increase the difficulty. The direct reward is a pleasant surprise to those who put in effort in their legendary quest line with a minor but small extra boss which has a minor chance to drop extra loot. You can see it as a bonus in the legendary quest line if you want to.

    Oh wait, you did not do that quest line for whatever reason and now are complaining about not getting a reward. You cannot have it both ways. Either you put in effort and you get reward (and reward is not known in advance to most players except those looking up on data mining and playing PTR) or you decide you skip the quest line. In the case you skip the quest line you miss out on progressing on your legendary. You miss out hearing the audio and text lore, experiencing the mini bosses, experiencing the output gains. How come missing out on that is apparently not a problem for you, but suddenly when its a group effort in the form of a world boss it suddenly is a major issue for you. Why can you not accept the fact your choice of valueing your time and not doing the legendary quest line means you will miss out on the entire package of this quest line?

    Ironically you can watch someones stream or look up some videos without paying 15 USD a month. I can recommend you this. For if you value your time and find getting your legendary grindy then I am afraid WoW is not a game for you.

    I can however tell you from personal experience you can AFK in LFR and still get loot. I have even played LFR on as many as 3 characters at the same time and nobody gave a rat.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  9. #609
    People argue that the cloaks are too easy to get and that everyone will have them.

    People argue that requiring the cloaks to get to a world boss is too hard and that it locks too many people from doing it.

    People argue that exclusive content is key to the health of the game.

    People argue that no content should be gated.

    >_>

  10. #610
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    casuals gonna casual lol. you already have lfr and flexi raid what else do you want idiot
    casuals also have normal and heroic... they just dont have the time to raid it every day.

  11. #611
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    casuals also have normal and heroic... they just dont have the time to raid it every day.

    You don't need to raid every day to do either of those.

  12. #612
    Good intentions poor idea. Several servers will never have enough for a successful pull on him. They will do something about this maybe when 1/3 of the servers out there have zero kills months into the patch.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  13. #613
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    casuals also have normal and heroic... they just dont have the time to raid it every day.
    My guild only commits 6 hours a week (two days, 3 hours each), we pretty much let people play whatever class they want, we don't force anyone to do the legendary questline, we're mostly friends and family, and we're 2/13 heroic so far with a few more months to get farther in. We went 11/12 H 10m ICC and 6/7 10m H FL, along with picking up at least a few Heroic kills in every tier between ICC and ToT.

    It's not about time, it's about attitude.

  14. #614
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Keep in mind you can have a cloak doing nothing but LFR.
    There is a fair amount of time that is required to get it though. Say somebody just came back to WoW now they would need amazing luck and almost 3 months to have a shot. Catch some bad RNG and you wouldn't be able to do it prior to the next expansion.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  15. #615
    Pit Lord Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolstyj View Post
    No boss for alts?
    This is the big issue I see. If you miss any of the runs happening on Tuesday, you're likely screwed for the whole week. Hell, I can hardly ever find Nalak groups after Friday for my alts.

  16. #616
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    This is the big issue I see. If you miss any of the runs happening on Tuesday, you're likely screwed for the whole week. Hell, I can hardly ever find Nalak groups after Friday for my alts.
    Either your realm is dead or you simply have no networking skills or CBA to put in some effort (which I actually would not for my alts, since Nalak does not drop much PvE gear) but between your friend list, moving to a more active realm, Openraid, and active guild there are a lot of options available.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  17. #617
    The most stupid part of this whole boss is that it drops Thunderforged level items. I mean what's its intended audience?? The hardcore raiders who have already completed the cloak stage will only do this boss at the start for a few weeks. Then they won't bother anymore because SoO raid will provide superior items.

    Meanwhile the majority of the population that NEED the loot of this boss, will not be able to do it. Great design right there /s.

  18. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    One of us is upset about the decision made on the part of the developers to keep us out of content for as far as I can tell no reason.
    One of you has a persecution complex.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  19. #619
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    This is the big issue I see. If you miss any of the runs happening on Tuesday, you're likely screwed for the whole week. Hell, I can hardly ever find Nalak groups after Friday for my alts.
    Good intentions poor idea. Several servers will never have enough for a successful pull on him. They will do something about this maybe when 1/3 of the servers out there have zero kills months into the patch.
    Virtual servers say hi.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 04:13 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The most stupid part of this whole boss is that it drops Thunderforged level items. I mean what's its intended audience?? The hardcore raiders who have already completed the cloak stage will only do this boss at the start for a few weeks. Then they won't bother anymore because SoO raid will provide superior items.

    Meanwhile the majority of the population that NEED the loot of this boss, will not be able to do it. Great design right there /s.
    The majority of the playerbase doesn't even raid, let alone care about a world boss. Not really sure what your complaint about the TF quality gear is. TF gear was added to give incentive to raid 25man; it had nothing to do with "hardcore" players.

    Very few people will be affected.
    Last edited by Allarius; 2013-06-30 at 04:14 AM.

  20. #620
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    The majority of the playerbase doesn't even raid, let alone care about a world boss. Not really sure what your complaint about the TF quality gear is. TF gear was added to give incentive to raid 25man; it had nothing to do with "hardcore" players.

    Very few people will be affected.
    The playerbase may not raid, but there is a lot of participation for current world bosses because they are very accessible and provide a chance for gear (even if it's mostly fail bags). I see new / undergeared / even under 90s participate all the time.

    With the current design of this world boss, however, it just doesn't make sense. Unless a mount drops off this boss, it's simply going to sit there and look pretty throughout most of the expansion. People who meet the requirement are mostly people who will be doing SoO regularly and outgear the drops from this boss very quickly. People who want the gear don't meet the requirement can't even attempt the boss. That sounds downright retarded to me and a big waste of resources.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •