Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Making the legendary quest line easier for alts?

So i was just thinking the other day, that do you think blizzard has any intentions to make the legendary questline easier for alts? Im a brm tank in 6/16hc guild atm, i've completed the questline to the point, where i just have to wait for 5.2. When 5.2 hits i will most likely reroll to a warrior tank, since our guild doesent have a plate tank yet. It kinda sucks that i have to first collect the sigils, which will take like 3 weeks minimum with good luck. Then i need to wait 6 weeks so i can get the 6k valor, and then im on to the TOT part of it. That's most likely about 9+ weeks time, before i can even get to the legendary metagem part.

So what do you guys think? Should they make it easier for people who have already completed it on their mains?

I kind of wish they weren't including all these non-legendary upgrades in the quest chain. I'm imagining Blizzard will keep the chain nice and grindy to keep the ultimate legendary item "rare and special", even if it also means cutting off alts from a bunch of other upgrades that everyone else will have.

I'd like for them to make it more alt-friendly though. At the very least they could trim down the awful valour grind part.

Do you know in advance that you want to reroll. Why not get started now instead of waiting?

The other benefit of starting now is you need a weapon to attach those shiny gems to.

I don't think its too hard at all.

A legendary item is supposed to feel legendary i.e you put in a lot of time and effort to get it, and in this case I can't imagine that blizz would ever make the questline easier in the future for alts. I believe when they started the expansion they wanted your main character to have a lot of prestige compared to previous expansions, hence the game not being so alt friendly compared to before.

But who knows, I think its quite nice to take this approach whereby you will have to play each patch to get the next questline as it will really reward those players who stick with the expansion and complete all the content needed to get the final legendary item whatever it may be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you'll instantly clear the 6k valor part, as it got counted from an achieve, and the quest requires you to have the achievement. At least that's one bit that's made faster for alts. Others should stay as they are, cause legendaries wouldn't be good if you had 11 chars on one server with one.

We can already get the legendaries by just running lfr, and you want to make it even easier so people can deck their alts out with them too without much effort?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    I believe you'll instantly clear the 6k valor part, as it got counted from an achieve, and the quest requires you to have the achievement. At least that's one bit that's made faster for alts. Others should stay as they are, cause legendaries wouldn't be good if you had 11 chars on one server with one.
    That's not true I'm afraid.

Multiple legendaries for everyone! yay!

No. The quest is as easy as can-be already. You already know you want to reroll, there's probably six or seven resets to go before they release 5.2, just get started now. You'll need the gear anyway to handle yourself in the new normal modes, so bring the warrior for bosses your BRM doesn't need gear on, and do the LFR's religiously.

It's kind of ridiculous to ask for instant legendary on alts, don't you think? Tell me, when someone got the legendary staff in firelands, did all their alts also get one? No? Why should it be any different this time.

I hope they never lax the pre-quests for this thing, even if people are gonna start whining about how it's "unfair" that people who have played the game and put in effort for months nonstop on one character are rewarded more than people who haven't done that.

I always understood the current quest requirements, which are essentially just grinds there to make them take time, to exist precisely to keep 'everyone' from getting the legendary when they eventually (I assume) include it in the final quest in the chain. If you made it easier later into the expansion's cycle (or for alts, which is even more absurd), then that defeats the purpose entirely.

It's easy enough to get already.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing Legendary should be made easier.

Deleted
    It's already too easy tbh, I see no point of making that, ever.

There should be a way to transfer your progress to another one of your toon after each content patch or something. And it should have been limited to 1 toon per account anyways. They made achievements accountwide so we could swap main without losing all our achievements, and then they lock us with a legendary quest item, which isn't really fun.

All previous legendary was one tier only, this progress is over full expansion and sadly doesn't help you if you wanna help your raid and play something else.

It's ridiculous they made those things available on multiple characters on the same account IMO.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    So i was just thinking the other day, that do you think blizzard has any intentions to make the legendary questline easier for alts? Im a brm tank in 6/16hc guild atm, i've completed the questline to the point, where i just have to wait for 5.2. When 5.2 hits i will most likely reroll to a warrior tank, since our guild doesent have a plate tank yet. It kinda sucks that i have to first collect the sigils, which will take like 3 weeks minimum with good luck. Then i need to wait 6 weeks so i can get the 6k valor, and then im on to the TOT part of it. That's most likely about 9+ weeks time, before i can even get to the legendary metagem part.

So what do you guys think? Should they make it easier for people who have already completed it on their mains?
    I doubt they will nerf the quest line. Reason being is you can complete any part of it at any point in the MoP cycle (at least that is their intention) as many will still be progressing through LFR each patch to hit required iLvLs for next part.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I do agree that it's easy in the first place, I'm afraid that it will be a little harsh towards people joining in the middle of the expansion. You'd have to run through the 5.0 raids several times now, when it's old content. It would just server to alienate even further new players.

Other than that though, I don't plan on switching mains any time soon, so I'm fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I hope they really don't do that.

There really needs to be an endpoint to this business of doing it once on your main and then your alts are just handed everything. Seriously, it's out of control.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's already easy and so far you can do it all in LFR. It's not supposed to be something that everyone has on every character (I hope).
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

This whole business doesn't seem very legendary to begin with. Why make it less so?

The legendary questline doesn't seem like the sort of thing for alts to get into. As people say, it's legendary: so it should be at least somewhat rare.

If you really want it, you'll put the work in for it. That includes doing it again in the case of a main switch.