Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's not about what I do. It's about who the developers cater to. In this case it's obvious your 15 dollars is worth far more than mine.
    You still haven't answered my question. If you don't care about the cloak why would it bother you that you can't do this OPTIONAL(I really can't stress that enough) world boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    My only gripe is alt related, I have 3 90's which outperform my "main", but were late comers and haven't even got on to secrets yet, but I can't switch main if I want a cloak or this "world" boss. But, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    How can a developer cater to a ever increasingly bad player base? They are giving you Flex to cater to you, you have LFr to cater to you, and all of those shiny pretty pets are all for you.
    As someone with the trainer (pvp pet battle) title and 13/13 HC I think the pet battle comment is rude.

Pet battles are awesome.

At this point you should just ignore "Glorious Leader". He's not intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    My only gripe is alt related, I have 3 90's which outperform my "main", but were late comers and haven't even got on to secrets yet, but I can't switch main if I want a cloak or this "world" boss. But, whatever.
    If all you do is LFR, why do you need access to this boss?

I'm a pvper, and doing throne 10000 times doesn't appeal to me. Yet now there's even one more reason to feel forced to do it. All you elitist pve heroes need to settle down. Those "casuals" are like 75% of the subscriber base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    You still haven't answered my question. If you don't care about the cloak why would it bother you that you can't do this OPTIONAL(I really can't stress that enough) world boss?
    It's an avenue of character progression that is denied to me without choice. Not doing the quest is a choice, I had my fill of questing very much. However if you also said to me you will also lose out on the world boss and the choice is completely out of your hands (unless you play ball with our legendary quest because we just have to reward those folks with an ENTITLEMENT mentality who apparently aren't satisfied with a cloak) then I would have said well I guess I better do the quest or better yet fuck you I'll keep my 15 bucks. It's almost as bad bringing back attunements. They might as well.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    I'm a pvper, and doing throne 10000 times doesn't appeal to me. Yet now there's even one more reason to feel forced to do it. All you elitist pve heroes need to settle down. Those "casuals" are like 75% of the subscriber base.
    I'm not sure whether to take this seriously or not.

Why does a pvper care about a boss that drops pve loot?

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 01:25 AM ----------

It's an avenue of character progression that is denied to me without choice. Not doing the quest is a choice, I had my fill of questing very much. However if you also said to me you will also lose out on the world boss and the choice is completely out of your hands (unless you play ball with out legendary quest because we just have to reward those folks with an ENTITLEMENT mentality who apparently aren't satisfied with a cloak) then I would have said well I guess I better do the quest or better yet fuck you I'll keep my 15 bucks.

You still didn't answer the question. It's not an avenue of progression that is denied to you if you can get equivalent from somewhere else. You can do 4 other bosses and the main raid that drops the same ilvl shit.

Also, your 15$ doesn't entitle you anything except access to your account, just the same as mine does.
    Last edited by Allarius; 2013-06-30 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    Is it just me, or has anyone else realized Ordos requires the LEGENDARY VERSION of the cloak. No one will have the LEGENDARY VERSION upon 5.4 launch. You're going to have to complete the last part of the quest chain, which is collecting more shit, I believe coins that you get from SoO.

So even then, it won't be a while before enough people get these LEGENDARY cloaks to even formulate a group. In hindsight there is plenty of time to catch up.
    Blizzard have said the final part of the quest is meant to be very easy and very short: From what I can see you just kill a bunch of elite mobs on Timeless Isle to collect coins and then beat the Celestial world bosses. You can do it in less than a day.

If your alt out performs your main, then your main isn't your main.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still didn't answer the question. It's not an avenue of progression that is denied to you if you can get equivalent from somewhere else. You can do 4 other bosses and the main raid that drops the same ilvl shit.
    It absolutely is an avenue of progression denied to me and more importantly it's denied to me FOR NO GOOD REASON. Given how RNG loot is this expansion and how gated and fucking slow everything else is putting one more opportunity to progress out of the reach of the casual player base. I hope it bites them in the ass.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

It absolutely is an avenue of progression denied to me and more importantly it's denied to me FOR NO GOOD REASON. Given how RNG loot is this expansion and how gated and fucking slow everything else is putting one more opportunity to progress out of the reach of the casual player base. I hope it bites them in the ass.
    Yea, I'm just going to stop repsonding to you. It's very clear you're delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    It absolutely is an avenue of progression denied to me and more importantly it's denied to me FOR NO GOOD REASON. Given how RNG loot is this expansion and how gated and fucking slow everything else is putting one more opportunity to progress out of the reach of the casual player base. The principle is essentially the same as bringing back attunements. They may as well have done that. I hope it bites them in the ass.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    You.. are a pvper that wants to do a PVE BOSS that gives you only PVE GEAR, but yet you dont want to do other pve content? 75% of the base probably MIGHT be casual or close to it. But the 75% arent all lazy and skip doing the legendary, they most likely actually do it.
    This is starting to sound more and more, i want to be able to do this. i dont care if it matters to me, i need to know that i CAN do it.

good thing their actually rewarding people that stay with something, or atleast trying

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I'm just going to stop repsonding to you. It's very clear you're delusional.
    I understand when the debate is lost it's best to go out with ones head held up high. I applaud you for saving face.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    We don't. In fact, we don't even need (in order to "see the story") to stay subbed in this expansion after clearing SoO once.

Lack of content to keep us subbed is the underlying problem. The way this boss is constructed ensures he won't be such content. A minor objection (not everything need be that content), except if the devs are expecting the legendary quest chain itself to provide the incentive to keep playing. Personally, the LQC fails badly at that, even with the gating of a world boss tacked on.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    If your alt out performs your main, then your main isn't your main.
    It's called class balance, I wouldn't main a mage because it's #1 dps. Think about it.

Glorious Troll, you really should stop while you're ahead, you're embarrassing yourself.

Nobody ASKED for a special snowflake legendary cape only world boss, okay, and Blizzard didn't go "okay you special snowflake, you!". Nobody is "not happy enough" with a cloak. That was Blizzard's decision. While you're throwing a temper tantrum over how apparently special snowflakes got what they "wanted", the truth is, I haven't seen a single post or comment from a single person saying "hey lol people who did legendary questline get special content ya?!" Blizzard chose to do it, so if I were you, I'd stop screaming about how nobody is satisfied with a cloak, because everybody would have been satisfied with a legendary cloak if Blizzard had not done this and everybody still WILL be satisfied with their cloak.

Although you keep saying that you somehow were swindled out of $15 because you didn't know there was gonna be a cool world boss… Nobody else knew either. Nobody did the questline because they were secretly privy to this "special snowflake" world boss that's actually available to everybody. So, that entire argument is just a lovely way of saying "I'm a child wah wah wah".

You chose not to do the legendary quest. It's an easy questline, everybody can do it, everybody should do it, it's got a great story and the rewards are worth it. It takes a little bit of time (omg an hour or two a day holy crap so much time investment lyk omg I can't handle it) and honestly not a whole lot of effort if you do it on LFR. It's your fault you didn't do it, and throwing a giant piss-fit over it isn't going to make it anyone else's fault but your own.

At the end of the day, nobody here has an ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY except for you. You think you're ENTITLED to enjoy a world boss that has a certain prerequisite you must first meet because you spent $15 like everyone else. You think you're ENTITLED to see all the content without doing any of the in-game work in order to unlock it. Did you do the quest? No. Did you bother with any of the work? No. Do you deserve the special boss? No, absolutely not.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glorious Leader has trolled for over 6k posts, ignore whatever they say.

OT & in my opinion, this is a cool addition to the end of a legendary quest line. Anyone can do the quest line. Anyone can, therefore, see this cool addition.

I'm glad this cool addition was added and I look forward to the other features in 5.4.

*spreads happiness*

Warning: Please don't state someone has trolled for every post they made. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-06-30 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    As someone with the trainer (pvp pet battle) title and 13/13 HC I think the pet battle comment is rude.

Pet battles are awesome.

At this point you should just ignore "Glorious Leader". He's not intelligent.

I do PVE related things outside of raids, problem? I pay the same money you do, get the fuck out.

We don't. In fact, we don't even need (in order to "see the story") to stay subbed in this expansion after clearing SoO once.
    if you sub just for the story, can i suggest youtube? the average person subbing for just the story can watch a boss with proper tactics and difficulty being killed the way it was ment to be, and it'll be 10 times better than the viewer can do, method and paragon offer this for free, no need to pay blizzard anything, no queue times no afk'in and playing a clearing joke mode bosses that a chimp could do. i really think people should just watch it like a film on youtube if you don't see the reason to sub once you have 1 LFR kill.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2013-06-30 at 01:36 AM.

I do PVE related things outside of raids, problem? I pay the same money you do, get the fuck out.
    I pay $5 a month to watch OSL in 1080p quality but sometimes my net doesn't let me. Should I make OSL make my internet bill as compensation? >_>