Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    I do PVE related things outside of raids, problem? I pay the same money you do, get the fuck out.

and not being able to kill an optional boss prevents you from doing these other things outside of raids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post

Nobody ASKED for a special snowflake legendary cape only world boss,]
    And yet your getting it and your supporting them for it because well you really do feel entitled to it and everybody else can go fuck themselves. Well my hope is that view isn't shared by the majority of players (and it probably isn't) and when they leave (as they ahve been this whole expansion) we'll finally get past this tired and old and extremely regressive mind set the developers have sunk into. Or they can be fired and replaced. I'd prefer the former. I will settle for the later.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Blizzard have said the final part of the quest is meant to be very easy and very short: From what I can see you just kill a bunch of elite mobs on Timeless Isle to collect coins and then beat the Celestial world bosses. You can do it in less than a day.
    Ah alright, that clears things up. I must've missed that part on mobs dropping the coins. I thought it was something you got via SoO raid. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    I pay $5 a month to watch OSL in 1080p quality but sometimes my net doesn't let me. Should I make OSL make my internet bill as compensation? >_>
    Terrible, terrible, analogy. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    And yet your getting it and your supporting them for it because well you really do feel entitled to it and everybody else can go fuck themselves. Well my hope is that view isn't shared by the majority of players (and it probably isn't) and when they leave (as they ahve been this whole expansion) we'll finally get past this tired and old and extremely regressive mind set the developers have sunk into. Or they can be fired and replaced. I'd prefer the former. I will settle for the later.
    Well, as nice as that is, I personally haven't finished the legendary questline because I didn't feel like it. So I certainly am not "entitled" to it because I haven't even done it, I won't be getting it and don't deserve to see the boss until I do. You don't see me crying and whining. I get to fight the Celestials, good enough for me.
    Cute argument, though. It's good to get to know someone before you make generalizations. Makes you look less moronic.

And that isn't the point. The point is, you keep saying how "cloak isn't good enough" but nobody asked for a special boss. Cloak IS good enough and the boss is a perk. It'd be a totally different story if people had been asking for it but they didn't. So, people should be put out because Blizzard made a decision? Good argument, you're making so much sense.

The only regressive mindset I see here is yours. Sorry, but time to put your big girl panties on and grow up.

The reason people leave is theres nothing that they want to do. People want to do this, but its set at the difficulty level for high end players even if you didnt need the cloak you would not be able to kill it as a casual. Its just like ra-den. If you dont complete said task you dont get to do it. For some players it will keep them playing with the idea that they have to kill it if they.keep playing. Right now people are unsubbing because they havr nothing they want to achieve. Back in the day if you were a raider you always had something new to see if you played. Developers had time because a miniscule number of players saw the last bit they finished. As the next came out it gave even more raiding to people still trying to clear old content. So as they finished they just moved to the next thing. Not completing something isnt the end of the world of warcraft, not having anything you want to do is.

Terrible, terrible, analogy. Go away.
    You seem pretty angry. Is it because I'm some sort of wizard and can create more than 24 hours in a day? If you played the same as I do, we would both be in equivalent gear. If you played more you would be in better gear. If you played less you would be in worse gear. What's the issue?

I understand when the debate is lost it's best to go out with ones head held up high. I applaud you for saving face.
    Did you cry this much when Ra-Den was added as a heroic only 'after everyone else is dead on heroic' boss?

How about Algalon?

You seem pretty angry. Is it because I'm some sort of wizard and can create more than 24 hours in a day? If you played the same as I do, we would both be in equivalent gear. If you played more you would be in better gear. If you played less you would be in worse gear. What's the issue?
    I'd be mad too if you could do that and I couldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if you sub just for the story, can i suggest youtube?
    You can suggest that, but Blizzard would be horrified if enough people like me took you up on it. The whole "LFR subsidizes normal/heroic raiders" design depends on lesser players actually playing the game.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    It absolutely is an avenue of progression denied to me and more importantly it's denied to me FOR NO GOOD REASON. Given how RNG loot is this expansion and how gated and fucking slow everything else is putting one more opportunity to progress out of the reach of the casual player base. The principle is essentially the same as bringing back attunements. They may as well have done that. I hope it bites them in the ass.
    Want a banana?
    Would fit your argument

Entitttlement has never killed an mmo, lack of things you actually want to do does. Hense what lfr has done. I want to see a final boss, go to lfr kill it in a night, unsub wait for next patch. Give a child everything they want they are still never satisfied. Keep them wanting giving them a little at a time they will be more happy with what they get.

Deleted
    i'm honestly not disturbed about an exclusive boss, what really bothers me is how alt unfriendly this xpac is, i never wanted a legendary but i liked the way legendaries were the result of the efforts of an entire guild.
    now with all the gems and cloak i have the feeling i'm gimping my raid if i switch to another toon and the way the quest are developed it's too rng based to have an alt ready to raid like a main in a decent amount of weeks if the rng is not with you and at least the meta gem is so good that not having it really means hurting the performance of a pc.
    i always had the feeling that wow was growing with me, starting in vanilla where i had a lot of time it became less time soaking while i was growing up and having more stuff to do.
    cata was perfect for this, by the end of the xpac i had all my toons at least lfg full equipped and i had a chance to play at a good level every class for my guild.
    now the game is gone back to a huge time soaking machine if you want to play more than one char at a decent level you have to invest an amount of time that not all ppl can have.
    it's sad to see a glorious game like wow falling in the hands of a few elitist "wannabe snowflakes" teenagers, i know that some ppl doesn't have much more to enjoy in their life but that's not something i have to care.
    my only hope is to see an enormous drop in subs so that blizz will wake up.
    making a game competitive is ok, doing this in the way they are doing right now is simply bad management.
    i have a lot more of critics about this xpac but it's late and i think this is the wrong crowd so i'll stop here.

just to clarify another time, i'm not complaining about the boss at all, but i think the way wow is going right now is just not appealing as his majesty wotlk or his prince cata. let the legendary be legendary in the hands of only a few ppl and don't ruin the whole experience for everyone, doing 4/5 hours of lfr per week is ok, try thinking doing this on more than 3 chars and tell me it's not worst then a job lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must be a wizard, you can read emotions from text.

I play quite a lot of the game, I just happen to be on a shit server with worse players and I don't have the evening time to raid like a 18 year old in University. Does that mean I should be locked out of anything new? I used to raid quite heavily in TBC and WOTLK, did I get special treatment back then? Nope. Should I be put aside for a new wave of raiders to flex their elite skills? If so, why?

Say you and your super guild want to change things, you're asked to reroll class because it suits them better, you sit back and enjoy being 6 months behind on a chain quest and can't join some silly world boss untill the expansion is over. I guess you'd love it, given the attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    just to clarify another time, i'm not complaining about the boss at all, but i think the way wow is going right now is just not appealing as his majesty wotlk or his prince cata. let the legendary be legendary in the hands of only a few ppl and don't ruin the whole experience for everyone, doing 4/5 hours of lfr per week is ok, try thinking doing this on more than 3 chars and tell me it's not worst then a job lol.
    If you don't have time to do it, don't do it? What's so hard about that.

You must be a wizard, you can read emotions from text.

I play quite a lot of the game, I just happen to be on a shit server with worse players and I don't have the evening time to raid like a 18 year old in University. Does that mean I should be locked out of anything new? I used to raid quite heavily in TBC and WOTLK, did I get special treatment back then? Nope. Should I be put aside for a new wave of raiders to flex their elite skills? If so, why?

Say you and your super guild want to change things, you're asked to reroll class because it suits them better, you sit back and enjoy being 6 months behind on a chain quest and can't join some silly world boss untill the expansion is over. I guess you'd love it, given the attitude.
    6 months behind a chain? It'll take 1 week to get 10 of each Sigil in 5.4. 3 weeks to get 3000 valor. Then 4 weeks to complete 20/20 Secrets. Then 6 weeks (at most if you're 13/13) to get 12/12 Titan Runestones: so let's see, that's 14 weeks of play time or 4 and a half months of play time. This is assuming you have THE WORST LUCK. I completed my Secret/Titan Runestone quest in 5 weeks (as opposed to 10).

Also if you raided in TBC you did get special treatment. It was called pre-nerf Kael'thas, pre-nerf M'uru and pre-nerf Kil'Jaeden.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2013-06-30 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    It's an avenue of character progression that is denied to me without choice. Not doing the quest is a choice, I had my fill of questing very much. However if you also said to me you will also lose out on the world boss and the choice is completely out of your hands (unless you play ball with our legendary quest because we just have to reward those folks with an ENTITLEMENT mentality who apparently aren't satisfied with a cloak) then I would have said well I guess I better do the quest or better yet fuck you I'll keep my 15 bucks. It's almost as bad bringing back attunements. They might as well.
    But surely you don't care about character progression anyway, as if you did you would have done the Legendary questline, or is that just a kinda crazy thought

Quote Originally Posted by alocer View Post
    But surely you don't care about character progression anyway, as if you did you would have done the Legendary questline, or is that just a kinda crazy thought
    apparently the only people who care about wow are those who subbed through the entirety of mists of pandaria, according to you. The flawed logic being thrown around this thread is hilarious and sad at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Can I just add in real quickly, that whenever Blizzard implements something that would be controversial, it always seems to be on the weekend where the community festers about it and then they clarify/back off on it? Like the whole third spec debacle.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

It's called class balance, I wouldn't main a mage because it's #1 dps. Think about it.
    So you base your "mains" around flavors of the months, then? Nothing to think about. If you're confused about whether your main is your alt, or your alts are your mains, then you're beyond help. This discussion doesn't involve any content that you're likely to see until 6.0. Going by your armory, you're an LFR Hero Sceneaturdist. What does a world boss have anything to do with you? Enchant your cloak.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2013-06-30 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    apparently the only people who care about wow are those who subbed through the entirety of mists of pandaria, according to you. The flawed logic being thrown around this thread is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Would it really have been any different if they had told you upfront? Would you have still stayed subbed so you could get the cloak, JUST so you could see the boss?