Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is the closest thing they've come to attunements in years..... which I dearly miss.... too bad its just an attunement for a boss that drops shit normal mode loot. Oh well, moving in the right direction, now bring back raid farmed mats for BiS crafted gear and raids that require quests to enter that the quests are actually challenging and maybe we'll get shit being a little interesting again.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    If Blizzard is so intent in gating this boss and forcing everyone to do the quest, how about removing the stupid RNG and make every sigil/secret/runestone a 100% guaranteed drop from any boss?

No one is being forced to do anything. This is an OPTIONAL BOSS. You do NOT have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Much better implementation, and should lead to more intresting mechanics. And another form of content for the people that have put in the effort to obain it.

Also, before anyone says '' but my server is dead QQQQQQ'' Let me direct you to Virtual Realms, which is basicly server merges coming in 5.4, so it all comes down to how many people put in the effort for the questline.

Im intrested in knowing if the boss is 40man ''required'' or can it be tackled with less people like Nalak? I assume hes gonna be a lot more dificult than him so, I doubt it. Pretty excited for it, had my cloak for a few weeks now :P
    How much Effort is involved with complete RNg drop rates?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    I think that there's a market for it, albeit smaller than the market for a casual MMO. If EQNext turns out to be a fucking fantastic game, I reckon it'll draw a good amount of players from the older EQ games. It'll draw hardcore audiences from other MMOs and those who have left the market, as well. If SEO develops carefully like the makers of EvE, EQNext could be a modestly successful next-gen hardcore MMO.
    The key is picking the audience and sticking with it. I just think that's very difficult to do when there's bound to be pressure from the back office to make good on the investment, which is bound to be very large for any modern mmo regardless of audience or genre. The return is probably there, but is going to be slower given the smaller audience. That said, there really should be games out there that cater to different play styles; we'd not have this casual vs hardcore warfare if there were.

Given how large and profitable wow is, I've never understood why they didn't stand up a couple of hardcore servers. Granted, part of the problem was the conscious decision to funnel all players into raiding as an endgame rather than having an alternative with different and equal rewards. This was exacerbated by normalizing 10s and 25s so the only non-progression endgame out there was LFR, which has no social dynamic and is generally as entertaining as swimming in a sewer.

Everyone deserves appropriate, entertaining, and equally rewarding content. That's not entitlement, it's good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ive never done this before, but I actively invite people who are having entitlement issues with this pathetic boss to quit the game. It would be better off without you, WoWs already the pinnacle of easy in the MMO world, we dont need everything becoming a guarenteed drop because "I PAY MONAY". Im at my wits end here.
    Yeah. I'd love to see a single complainer try their hand at Asheron's Call, or even Everquest. Anything other than Warcraft, actually.

There was no "casual" mmo player until Warcraft. It's a niche genre. Blizzard simply mastered the marketing of the MMO and made it cater to the Xbox, Playstation, and Pokemon crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    It just shows that bliz is incapable of handling large events like this with their servers.
    Well no, it's more that Blizz finds it somewhat tough to create a world boss that the population won't just cheese their way through. (see: every world boss in MoP).

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Its also worrying if players let them get away with it, as its dangerously close to pay to raid... If you sub you should be eligable for all content for that sub, not have to have kept a sub going to be able to take part in content because of gating mechanics like requiring a legendary.
    It's nothing like pay to raid in the least, and your sub certainly makes you eligible to see it. Just meet the requirements.. much like there's ilvl gating on both 5 man and LFR content, gating on various vendor items, gating on certain pvp gear, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dejaa View Post
    The key is picking the audience and sticking with it. I just think that's very difficult to do when there's bound to be pressure from the back office to make good on the investment, which is bound to be very large for any modern mmo regardless of audience or genre. The return is probably there, but is going to be slower given the smaller audience. That said, there really should be games out there that cater to different play styles; we'd not have this casual vs hardcore warfare if there were.

Given how large and profitable wow is, I've never understood why they didn't stand up a couple of hardcore servers. Granted, part of the problem was the conscious decision to funnel all players into raiding as an endgame rather than having an alternative with different and equal rewards. This was exacerbated by normalizing 10s and 25s so the only non-progression endgame out there was LFR, which has no social dynamic and is generally as entertaining as swimming in a sewer.

Everyone deserves appropriate, entertaining, and equally rewarding content. That's not entitlement, it's good business.
    I would imagine that because the "hardcore" crowd is such a small % of the overall playerbase, that it would cost them more than they would make.

Everyone deserves equal content yes, but you can't do that when you're trying to make a game available to everyone. Unfortunately this is exactly what Blizzard is trying to do.

They need to find some way to split it or they're going to keep running into the same problems over and over again.

It's just not physically possible to create content that's challenging and rewarding, while being able to be done at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Yeah. I'd love to see a single complainer try their hand at Asheron's Call, or even Everquest. Anything other than Warcraft, actually.
    Abso-freakin-lutely.

My faith in the MMO Champ community has been somewhat restored. Apart for a few whiners, the over-whelming majority of the posters in the thread are okay with something being minimally exclusive. I say minimally because only people who have started the chain late (or haven't kept up with it) won't have the cloak by the time the patch hits.

I hope this is the first step taken by Blizzard to restore a bit of exclusivity to end game raiding.

Keep in mind you can have a cloak doing nothing but LFR.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's an avenue of character progression that is denied to me without choice. Not doing the quest is a choice, I had my fill of questing very much. However if you also said to me you will also lose out on the world boss and the choice is completely out of your hands (unless you play ball with our legendary quest because we just have to reward those folks with an ENTITLEMENT mentality who apparently aren't satisfied with a cloak) then I would have said well I guess I better do the quest or better yet fuck you I'll keep my 15 bucks. It's almost as bad bringing back attunements. They might as well.
    The only person acting like they are "entitled" is you however. If I had not done the Legendary quest line I would really careless about this world boss that I really DON'T have to do. As it is you are complaining to complain no other reason as of now. You made a "choice" to not do anything for the legendary quest that was your choice to not do anything. Well good for you It was my choice to do it and cause of it we get an extra boss who has ZERO Lore to it (most likely) and is just there as a bonus like a bonus roll on loot from the 3 other world bosses you are going to be able to farm. Sadly from everything you have posted I'm going to take it as you just want to be pissed cause you didn't do something for once and can't see something that YOU FEEL ENTITLED you should see yet did NOTHING AT ALL to be able to see it. Pot, Kettle, Black.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    How much Effort is involved with complete RNg drop rates?
    Either very little, or a lot.
    If you look at the PoV of having to keep running said raid, or in many peoples case LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    The only person acting like they are "entitled" is you however. If I had not done the Legendary quest line I would really careless about this world boss that I really DON'T have to do. As it is you are complaining to complain no other reason as of now. You made a "choice" to not do anything for the legendary quest that was your choice to not do anything. Well good for you It was my choice to do it and cause of it we get an extra boss who has ZERO Lore to it (most likely) and is just there as a bonus like a bonus roll on loot from the 3 other world bosses you are going to be able to farm. Sadly from everything you have posted I'm going to take it as you just want to be pissed cause you didn't do something for once and can't see something that YOU FEEL ENTITLED you should see yet did NOTHING AT ALL to be able to see it. Pot, Kettle, Black.
    We both pay 15 bucks and I assume we both value our time. One of us is upset about the decision made on the part of the developers to keep us out of content for as far as I can tell no reason. The other feels entirely entitled to see this content because as far as I can tell you consider your sub more valuable than mine. I can see no other reason for anyone to defend the developers in this.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    No one is being forced to do anything. This is an OPTIONAL BOSS. You do NOT have to do it.
    I thought it was mandatory to get my caps every week, killing every world boss every week, get my valor cap, do bosses on LFR just for the legendary ite.. oh wait, I slacked on that, do not tell my raid leader this.

Problem here is that your raid leader expects you to do all of that, and if you cannot because you slacked or were extremely unlucky (which is extremely unlikely) then you cannot do this boss means no extra chance of getting extra loot which nerfs your performance which means less chance of a raid spot or less chance killing the progress boss.

But doing the OPTIONAL legendary quest line is really not that time consuming. LFR goes quicker every week because of gear and people knowing the tactics better. You can do one wing in about 30 minutes. Which means if you are in P1 going for your LMG will take you about 2 hours (while you are queeud you can do other stuff if you are intelligent) and P2 for your cloak will cost you about 1 hour every week. There is even a mechanic which guarantees you one Runestone a week if you just kill Lei Shen on any difficulty. Which means after 12 weeks P2 you got guaranteed cloak, but on average it will take you 6 weeks. Which means if you get your LMG today the chance you get your cloak before 5.4 is quite high. And that means you got the 5.2 reward well into patch 5.3. So catching up on the MoP legendary is really quite forgiving, and with the guaranteed drop has a bad luck protection. Getting to 5.2 level is really faceroll. 3k VP is 3 weeks. The sha touched weapon you can do in a few weeks, since the droprate is insanely high. The world boss you can easily PuG even xrealm. And the droprate is the same for all from the LFR only to the hardcore HC raider. Worried about not getting your cloak? If you put in some effort, no need to, and even if you come back or rerolled I would not worry too much. Blizzard even intends to make the catch up mechanic easier in 5.4.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    We both pay 15 bucks and I assume we both value our time. One of us is upset about the decision made on the part of the developers to keep us out of content for as far as I can tell no reason. The other feels entirely entitled to see this content because as far as I can tell you consider your sub more valuable than mine. I can see no other reason for anyone to defend the developers in this.
    Nice way to "try" and spin what I said. However you still failed at doing it. I "chose" to do the legendary quest line not on 1 toon but on 2. I'm a raider and as far as raiders are concerned we will always do what it takes to get the best that we can. You made the decision to NOT do something which was YOUR CHOICE. I've never said or for that matter implied that my $15 was more of value then yours. However I've been doing a Legendary quest line that at some point I knew would give me something as a radier that would be needed be it for more stats or whatever else the devs decide to throw into the game at THEIR CHOICE. As I said you can try and spin this all you want you are upset cause now that you see a Boss being added that is going to have a requirment that you can not do cause of a choice that YOU made you are upset.

Keep in mind this was YOUR CHOICE to not do the quest line just like it was mine to do it as well. the fact that we are getting an extra OPTIONAL boss is just something nice to have. Which in no way holds you back from getting gear from the 3 other world bosses that are going to be put in place come 5.4 that will most likely drop Tier as well as other random epics with the ilvl of SoO. So again Pot, Kettle, Black. You invalidate everything you say by saying you made the choice NOT to do something and now want to complain that you are not getting something that is TOTALLY OPTIONAL to begin with. So for the 3rd time.... Pot, Kettle, Black.

Deleted
    I suspect the reason is to keep silly low levels, undergeared alts, and slackers away which allows them to increase the difficulty. The direct reward is a pleasant surprise to those who put in effort in their legendary quest line with a minor but small extra boss which has a minor chance to drop extra loot. You can see it as a bonus in the legendary quest line if you want to.

Oh wait, you did not do that quest line for whatever reason and now are complaining about not getting a reward. You cannot have it both ways. Either you put in effort and you get reward (and reward is not known in advance to most players except those looking up on data mining and playing PTR) or you decide you skip the quest line. In the case you skip the quest line you miss out on progressing on your legendary. You miss out hearing the audio and text lore, experiencing the mini bosses, experiencing the output gains. How come missing out on that is apparently not a problem for you, but suddenly when its a group effort in the form of a world boss it suddenly is a major issue for you. Why can you not accept the fact your choice of valueing your time and not doing the legendary quest line means you will miss out on the entire package of this quest line?

Ironically you can watch someones stream or look up some videos without paying 15 USD a month. I can recommend you this. For if you value your time and find getting your legendary grindy then I am afraid WoW is not a game for you.

I can however tell you from personal experience you can AFK in LFR and still get loot. I have even played LFR on as many as 3 characters at the same time and nobody gave a rat.

People argue that the cloaks are too easy to get and that everyone will have them.

People argue that requiring the cloaks to get to a world boss is too hard and that it locks too many people from doing it.

People argue that exclusive content is key to the health of the game.

People argue that no content should be gated.

>_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    casuals gonna casual lol. you already have lfr and flexi raid what else do you want idiot
    casuals also have normal and heroic... they just dont have the time to raid it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    casuals also have normal and heroic... they just dont have the time to raid it every day.

You don't need to raid every day to do either of those.

Good intentions poor idea. Several servers will never have enough for a successful pull on him. They will do something about this maybe when 1/3 of the servers out there have zero kills months into the patch.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."