Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    casuals also have normal and heroic... they just dont have the time to raid it every day.
    My guild only commits 6 hours a week (two days, 3 hours each), we pretty much let people play whatever class they want, we don't force anyone to do the legendary questline, we're mostly friends and family, and we're 2/13 heroic so far with a few more months to get farther in. We went 11/12 H 10m ICC and 6/7 10m H FL, along with picking up at least a few Heroic kills in every tier between ICC and ToT.

It's not about time, it's about attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Keep in mind you can have a cloak doing nothing but LFR.
    There is a fair amount of time that is required to get it though. Say somebody just came back to WoW now they would need amazing luck and almost 3 months to have a shot. Catch some bad RNG and you wouldn't be able to do it prior to the next expansion.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolstyj View Post
    No boss for alts?
    This is the big issue I see. If you miss any of the runs happening on Tuesday, you're likely screwed for the whole week. Hell, I can hardly ever find Nalak groups after Friday for my alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    This is the big issue I see. If you miss any of the runs happening on Tuesday, you're likely screwed for the whole week. Hell, I can hardly ever find Nalak groups after Friday for my alts.
    Either your realm is dead or you simply have no networking skills or CBA to put in some effort (which I actually would not for my alts, since Nalak does not drop much PvE gear) but between your friend list, moving to a more active realm, Openraid, and active guild there are a lot of options available.

The most stupid part of this whole boss is that it drops Thunderforged level items. I mean what's its intended audience?? The hardcore raiders who have already completed the cloak stage will only do this boss at the start for a few weeks. Then they won't bother anymore because SoO raid will provide superior items.

Meanwhile the majority of the population that NEED the loot of this boss, will not be able to do it. Great design right there /s.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    One of us is upset about the decision made on the part of the developers to keep us out of content for as far as I can tell no reason.
    One of you has a persecution complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Good intentions poor idea. Several servers will never have enough for a successful pull on him. They will do something about this maybe when 1/3 of the servers out there have zero kills months into the patch.
    Virtual servers say hi.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 04:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The most stupid part of this whole boss is that it drops Thunderforged level items. I mean what's its intended audience?? The hardcore raiders who have already completed the cloak stage will only do this boss at the start for a few weeks. Then they won't bother anymore because SoO raid will provide superior items.

Meanwhile the majority of the population that NEED the loot of this boss, will not be able to do it. Great design right there /s.
    The majority of the playerbase doesn't even raid, let alone care about a world boss. Not really sure what your complaint about the TF quality gear is. TF gear was added to give incentive to raid 25man; it had nothing to do with "hardcore" players.

Very few people will be affected.
    Last edited by Allarius; 2013-06-30 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    The majority of the playerbase doesn't even raid, let alone care about a world boss. Not really sure what your complaint about the TF quality gear is. TF gear was added to give incentive to raid 25man; it had nothing to do with "hardcore" players.

Very few people will be affected.
    The playerbase may not raid, but there is a lot of participation for current world bosses because they are very accessible and provide a chance for gear (even if it's mostly fail bags). I see new / undergeared / even under 90s participate all the time.

With the current design of this world boss, however, it just doesn't make sense. Unless a mount drops off this boss, it's simply going to sit there and look pretty throughout most of the expansion. People who meet the requirement are mostly people who will be doing SoO regularly and outgear the drops from this boss very quickly. People who want the gear don't meet the requirement can't even attempt the boss. That sounds downright retarded to me and a big waste of resources.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    There is a fair amount of time that is required to get it though. Say somebody just came back to WoW now they would need amazing luck and almost 3 months to have a shot. Catch some bad RNG and you wouldn't be able to do it prior to the next expansion.
    There is a bit of time involved however that time was also reduced as well since the starting of the quest chain. Drop rates have been made far higher since the start of MoP and the legendary quest line as well as the 6k valor it once took now being 3k. Yes it requires some work however you are getting items that are going to be superior to anything else you could get at that time so why should there be no work involved? The cloak is going to last for all accounts far into the next patch be it there be a 5.5 and to the start of the next xpac (if there is no other raids after 5.4) There should be work required to get something of value.

The playerbase may not raid, but there is a lot of participation for current world bosses because they are very accessible and provide a chance for gear (even if it's mostly fail bags). I see new / undergeared / even under 90s participate all the time.

With the current design of this world boss, however, it just doesn't make sense. Unless a mount drops off this boss, it's simply going to sit there and look pretty throughout most of the expansion. People who meet the requirement are mostly people who will be doing SoO regularly and outgear the drops from this boss very quickly. People who want the gear don't meet the requirement can't even attempt the boss. That sounds downright retarded to me and a big waste of resources.
    Why would you need to kill the world bosses if you don't raid? Even still, there are 4 other ones being added at the same time. Content is not designed for everyone nor are they entitled to be able to participate in all of it purely because they have an account.

Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    Nice way to "try" and spin what I said. However you still failed at doing it. I "chose" to do the legendary quest line not on 1 toon but on 2. I'm a raider and as far as raiders are concerned we will always do what it takes to get the best that we can. You made the decision to NOT do something which was YOUR CHOICE. I've never said or for that matter implied that my $15 was more of value then yours. However I've been doing a Legendary quest line that at some point I knew would give me something as a radier that would be needed be it for more stats or whatever else the devs decide to throw into the game at THEIR CHOICE. As I said you can try and spin this all you want you are upset cause now that you see a Boss being added that is going to have a requirment that you can not do cause of a choice that YOU made you are upset.

Keep in mind this was YOUR CHOICE to not do the quest line just like it was mine to do it as well. the fact that we are getting an extra OPTIONAL boss is just something nice to have. Which in no way holds you back from getting gear from the 3 other world bosses that are going to be put in place come 5.4 that will most likely drop Tier as well as other random epics with the ilvl of SoO. So again Pot, Kettle, Black. You invalidate everything you say by saying you made the choice NOT to do something and now want to complain that you are not getting something that is TOTALLY OPTIONAL to begin with. So for the 3rd time.... Pot, Kettle, Black.
    You cant reasonably explain this concept to the entitlement crowd.

That sounds downright retarded to me and a big waste of resources.
    You just summarized pvp. My opinion is and should be irrelevant to game design, however.

Deleted

Even for top end heroic raiders this boss will drop upgrades in the first weeks. After that indeed those players will not show up anymore but for one they are a very minor minority and second you will see normal and LFR raiders do it every week for a longer time, and eventually you will even see (more) alts, rerollers, and people like Glorious who finally decided to give in and start their legendary quest line. You will see virtual realms put to use, trade PuGs, Openraid, and friend list PuGs. No, it will not be as easy as tagging Sha at level 87 but lets face it why would a level 87 deserve loot anyway.

Blizzard made a remark (currently on frontpage) about how the previous tiers had RNG mounts drop and 5.4 SoO will have guaranteed drop chance on heroic Garrosh kill for mount. Which suggests this boss will not drop a mount. Which is fair for those mount collectors so they do not have to do legendary quest line on their alts to increase chance of getting this mount.

Here is the quote btw

The first two MoP raiding tiers had mounts that were earned based on luck, but the mounts in this tier are earned by accomplishing something.
    The devs weren't happy with how the Glory of the Raider mounts were working out, as you had to kill Heroic bosses and kill bosses in ways that were incompatible with killing them on Heroic difficulty. This worked before there were multiple difficulties, but doesn't work very well with today's difficulty system. Making the achievements that require you to kill the bosses in a different way available in Flex difficulty and up is a good solution to this problem.
    Heroic Garrosh will have a 100% drop rate mount.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-06-30 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Why would you need to kill the world bosses if you don't raid? Even still, there are 4 other ones being added at the same time. Content is not designed for everyone nor are they entitled to be able to participate in all of it purely because they have an account.
    Why do you need any gear at all if you don't raid? Why do you even play this game if you don't raid? Do you even know how ridiculous you sound? Players of all types want a sense of progression even if they can't do big group content. That's the reason they play this game.

And here you go with the entitlement again. There is nothing entitled about having a chance to fight the boss for some loot. It's not like we sit there doing nothing and expect the gear mailed to us. Also there is nothing challenging / hard about gating a boss that requires an item obtained through a lot of RNG luck and significant grind.

Ahhhhhhhhhh I pay 15$ and I don't have full bis gear and haven't killed ra-den i'm outraged. lol *sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    It will be nice, if the boss will be a difficult boss. But it can get annoying if people have bad RNG with the two collection quests in ToT. I'm only on my 6th Titan Runestone thingy after doing full clears each week.
    I don't believe this. Full clears each week since March 5th (ToT release) would be 180+ boss kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    I don't believe this. Full clears each week since March 5th (ToT release) would be 180+ boss kills.
    What's so hard to believe about this? RNG is RNG. I spent two months finally acquiring all the Sigils of Power/Wisdom, and I have also yet seen a single weapon drop from Vaults / Springs on my warrior.

Deleted
    Why do you need any gear at all if you don't raid? Why do you even play this game if you don't raid? Do you even know how ridiculous you sound? Players of all types want a sense of progression even if they can't do big group content. That's the reason they play this game.

And here you go with the entitlement again. There is nothing entitled about having a chance to fight the boss for some loot. It's not like we sit there doing nothing and expect the gear mailed to us. Also there is nothing challenging / hard about gating a boss that requires an item obtained through a lot of RNG luck and significant grind.
    I have already explained there is not much RNG involved. The 5.0 reagents have an increased drop chance. The test of valor is nerfed from 6k (6 weeks) to 3k (3 weeks). Getting Revered with Black Prince takes a good spot and about an hour, in a group even quicker, or you combine it with questing to get your other Reps up as well as getting VPs. Grinding, as you call it, LFR every week takes about 2 hours every week and this assumes you are on 5.2 quest (because from legendary quest line you are only on 1 part of it so either you must grind your VP or you must grind your LFRs). On average it will take you 6 weeks to get the 5.3 quest line while in reality patch 5.3 will be live for say 4 months (assuming 5.4 end of september). That is 25% of the lifetime of the patch, not even taking into account the nearly 3 months of 5.2. There really is a lot of time to both get even, as well as catch up. Even with bad RNG you will get your legendary, it will just take longer and more grind. But this grind you are talking about is nothing like the silly and mindless grinding which people had to do back in Vanilla and TBC. Its nothing like atunements and such. Best of it all? You can do this so called grind every friday evening without ever joining any raiding guild. Compare that to getting Shadowmourne, or indeed the RNG of getting them Warglaives.

Players want a sense of progression even if it's not big group content? I hate to break it to you but this is an MMO, it kind of goes with the territory. You want raid quality gear, without having to do raids. And you say I'm the one that sounds ridiculous.....

Even ignoring that fact. There are still FOUR other world bosses you could do.

Yea, there I go with the entitlement again, because that's exactly what you're doing. You have to do the legendary quest line in order to be able to do the boss. They put in the time and effort and that is one of the rewards. It'd be one thing if this boss dropped something you can't get anywhere else, but there are plenty of other options. Only an entitled person would be upset that they couldn't do something, despite the fact that it wasn't intended for them in the first place.

Deleted
    What's so hard to believe about this? RNG is RNG. I spent two months finally acquiring all the Sigils of Power/Wisdom, and I have also yet seen a single weapon drop from Vaults / Springs on my warrior.
    Oh I believe this, just as I know for a fact people in my raiding guild slack on doing LFR when they sat out on a boss (or took a break ...) and then QQ about not getting their reagents and envy me being lucky. Of course if you slack you will be less lucky than someone who puts in effort.

Either way you will on average get your Cape in 3 weeks, guaranteed in 6 weeks if you kill Lei Shen every week on any difficulty. You will be on par with your legendary quest line well before patch 5.4. You will be able to enjoy extra gem on weapon, LMG, and cape by the time you will progress on Normal and Heroic mode SoO.

As for the Sigils, the Sha Touched gem after 2 months means you got yours by the time patch 5.1 got released. This is well before patch 5.2! Giving ample amounts of time to so called grind those VPs. If you would look at a time table of patch 5.0 and 5.2 you had yours even before the middle of the two.

We should also not forget that LFR is gated and not everyone kills all the bosses on normal in the first week. But even with that the casual players have ample amount of time and opportunity to get their legendary quest line completed.