Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is the real problem. The legendary quest turned into a kind of attunement. It went from "lucky bonus" to "expected and necessary".

I thought Blizzard had realized attunements were counterproductive. Oh well: "experience is that which enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again."
    Having playing from the start of TBC, the MoP legendary questline is so much easier than TBC attunements. I remember having to grind rep just so I can unlock Heroic dungeons, which I then had to run numerous times to grind another rep to get keyed for raids. The "attunement" in MoP is spending 4 hours a week AFKing through LFR.

I never post anything related to things like this, but this endless whining about game. Get over yourself. There is no sense if a player wants to kill THAT specific boss and doesnt want to have the best piece of equipment available in the game (legendary cloak) ? If you start from this day, you will still be able to get that cloak before boss goes live (thats for sure). WHy do you whine about this and dont whine about seeing HC Lei shen this tier? (and yes LFR and HC Lei shen are 2 different bosses in 1 model) Get over yourself people. This is really sad that we have such unthankfull community. Sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    This is not a attunement, you are not being locked out.
    Rather
    This boss is a quest reward for people that finish the cloak, much like the tabard and mount from shadowmourne box.

All you people crying really need to take a step back and think.
    You are the one who refuses to see. I can't make it any simpler than my last post. My ONLY complaint is being told, 9 months after the fact, that there is a different, additional reward than the one everyone thought they were getting for doing the quest.

Your examples are not the same. You knew, when the quest came out, what you were getting.

This community is officially a lost cause.

If 8 million whiners quit tomorrow, I don't think I'd blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    GC said they weren't happy with the "hard" world boss in 5.0 and 5.2. This apparently is their next spin on that boss. I don't think they're going to be terribly happy with this iteration either.
    To be honest, it hasn't been a winning team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    This boss should be accessible to everyone.
    One of his abilities should be a powerful knockback, but the legendary cloak can withstand it, whereas everyone without one is blown out of the area and instantly killed (like Spine of Deathwing).
    There, now everyone can access it, but if you don't have the cloak, you're going to die. A lot.
    Onyxia scale cloak v.2 maybe?
    Sounds like an good idea

Deleted
    This has nothing to do with hardcore raiders since every LFR player could obtain the cloak. It's a nice "thank you" from blizzard to all those who stayed subbed and spent time and prayers to rngesus and finished the legendary questline. It's one boss, a bit like Ra'den, and nobody will be at a disadvantage when not able to do it.

Deleted
    Im a little disipointed tho that we dont get a legendary weapon, but im happy as long it has a cool proc/visual effect:P

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The best part is, there wasnt always such a massive rift in the community. They created that rift between casuals and hardcores in Cata and ever since then everyones been blaming the wrong people.
    *points a finger at the shared lockout and 10/25 difficulty and loot normalization*

10+ Year Old Account
    by the time SoO comes out Ill have cloak on both my mains so im indifferent does that count for anything? A little bummed I wont be able to mooch off on my alts to get them a little gear but Im not mad it is what is it. the song "you cant always get what you want" plays in my head
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-06-30 at 05:20 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I don't get why people say the legendary questline is so alt unfriendly. I have played my main since the very beginning of MoP, sure, and I got the cloak on him two weeks ago. But I have an alt that I leveled to 90 in 5.2, and it hasn't really been hard to catch up on the questline. They have massively increased sigil droprates, and you can get them from lfr and normal in the same week. They have decreased the valor requirement down to 3k. Yes, it will take several weeks to catch up, but you certainly don't have to have played the entire expansion on an alt, or done lfr every single week, in order to get the cloak. My alt just started collecting runestones this week--10 more to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    Dude.......shut the fuck up, you sound like one little pussy. I cant think of any other words to describe it, you sound immature and downright outlandish to try and sound big and macho, but your really a pussy.

I can tell you right now you are just some internet warrior who wouldnt say shit to my face like that, seeing as iam 6'4 and 300lbs, so stop trying to look cool. You look like a goddamn fool!

No one is saying they are entitled, its plain and stupid to try and force a gear restriction on one fight. For one piece of gear. And as for the raiding guild goes, other people have lives. We dont sit around all day playing WoW full time like you probably do, its not even fun enough of a game to if we did have full time raiding guilds. Being in a raiding guild doesnt make you cool, it makes you a nerd with no social life. So stop trying to make yourself sound badass.

Its really sad to see people like you come here and be a total dick just for the sake of being a total dick. Dont you have something better to do? Or is your life that miserable?
    -Tells someone they sound like internet warrior
    -says how "big he is" and that "they wouldn't say shit to my face like that"
    -Complains about someone being a dick by being a dick
    -Fails to see irony

Not even sure why people are arguing this. It's going to happen. Want to see the boss? Better get working on that cloak buckaroo.
    "BUT MY SERVER HAS NO PEOPLE" Mine either. Openraid is badass though.

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    Dude.......shut the fuck up, you sound like one little pussy. I cant think of any other words to describe it, you sound immature and downright outlandish to try and sound big and macho, but your really a pussy.

I can tell you right now you are just some internet warrior who wouldnt say shit to my face like that, seeing as iam 6'4 and 300lbs, so stop trying to look cool. You look like a goddamn fool!

No one is saying they are entitled, its plain and stupid to try and force a gear restriction on one fight. For one piece of gear. And as for the raiding guild goes, other people have lives. We dont sit around all day playing WoW full time like you probably do, its not even fun enough of a game to if we did have full time raiding guilds. Being in a raiding guild doesnt make you cool, it makes you a nerd with no social life. So stop trying to make yourself sound badass.

Its really sad to see people like you come here and be a total dick just for the sake of being a total dick. Dont you have something better to do? Or is your life that miserable?
    I have a life. I do not sit on wow all day. I am married and have a 6 year old daughter and work 50+ hours a week. We go out on weekends with friends and do social stuff. We are 3/12 heroic in throne now. If you are good you can manage your life well and still make time to enjoy the game as i do. My boss and i are in the same guild, he is the GM. So we set raid hours that work for us. 9Pm to Midnight after the kids are in bed. We are a little behind in progression due to replacing 3/4 of the guild for performance reasons, but we are crawling along. You can make time. Just because people raid does not mean they are lifeless.
    Last edited by Hotsforyou; 2013-06-30 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Spelling.

I think it's perfectly fine to have the cloak be a requirement for the boss. By the time 5.4 is released, my main and the 2 alts I care most about will have the cloak. If you haven't been doing the legendary questline on a character, do you really care enough about that character enough to have the boss matter to you?
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

I was under the impression that creating content for players that required some effort to reach was one of the essentials to MMOs. Gating is an important part of MMOs, like it or not. If you fail to put in the effort on a main character, you do not deserve to do everything. If you unsub and resub constantly, you do not deserve to do everything. If you showed up a couple times a week and cleared on LFR, you get the cloak in time for 5.4 - barring unrealistically bad RNG.

What's wrong with things being alt-unfriendly? The essence of an alt is that it does not have everything a main character has - hence 'alt'. If you're in a guild that requires alts for progression then you likely do not care because your progression outpaces the legendary items already in terms of acquiring them for progression kills. If you're mad because your alt can't have legendary things then you're simply feeling far too entitled for the time you put in on an alt.

Ordos? Perfect design. Gate things, make people put a modicum of effort in to a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    This is so wrong. As well as some poster's words that people should look at Ordos as bonus content unlocked by getting legendary.

You keep forgetting, that it isn't personal "reward", you can't do anything with that content after done with grind unless there are other people who have done this grind as well. And as such - it is rather penalty than any reward at all. You don't go and solo this world boss, you need a lot of other people who made through this quite extensive grind.

People keep substituting term "massive gating" by "personal reward". I hope those who defend this deeply obscene design for Ordos, will be especially enjoying themselves on Thursdays+, feel their specialness when there will be no other people with whom you could fight this boss.

So, how can it be compared to video game? Won't you feel hopelessly alone without all those "entitled" people on thursdays+? Your reward will be loneliness sitting near your precious "deserved" world boss with noone else near you. Just so happens that you actually need other people to kill it. By despising "entitled" people, be sure that you will have someone left to play with you and kill such "deserved" bosses.
    This type of entitlement misses the boat as to the concept of MMOs. If you cannot make friends to do content with, why are you playing an MMO? Massive grinds can be parsed from a slow, painful collection quest from those who actually stayed subscribed through the expansion. If I can't do it one week? Tough, I'm not going to unsub and feel that Blizzard owes me more pixel dragons to fight.

TL;DR: This game is pandas fighting dinosaurs. Don't cry when you spent no time on your panda and you can't play with all the dinosaurs - that's the point of an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    i was under the impression that an MMORPG involves (among other things) long grinds and rewards. This is just that.. the average WoW player is too spoiled.
    Even if every single poster in this thread was complaining about this pre-req for Ordos (they are not), that is nowhere near representative of the greater population of "average" WoW players. Your "average" player actually doesn't raid at all, doesn't read forums, certainly doesn't post to forums ... your "average" WoW player won't ever realize you need the cloak to fight Ordos. They might not ever realize Ordos even exists.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

<Bad post>
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-06-30 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Why does everybody feel like they are entitled to all content? Thank god they made something every downie isn't going to see (even though downies can get the cloak thanks to LFR) but still maybe something is somewhat exclusive for once. Go fuck yourselves.
    I feel the same way this guy feels about this. We worked hard for the stuff and deserve the exclusive content. Ppl just gotta learn that they aren't entitled to everything. If you want the legendary, actually put some effort into queuing for lfr to get your quest items. This quest is way easier compared to the pain that was the Shadowmourne line where it could only be completed on 25m normal.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Locked. End of story.