Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    To avoid making another thread, I would like to ask everyone about their opinion of Ferals so far. I went from Rogue to Holy Pally, to Ret Pally, to Frost DK to a Feral this patch and I seem to have much more fun on the Feral/Ret/Rogue than Holy and Frost. If possible, I would like to swap to my Feral next season and possibly get serious and go for some ratings in 3s but I would like to know which would be my best bet to attempt this in.

rets are weak at the moment no idea about 5.4 fear seems op.
    dks seems quite good you can even play heal/dk in 2on2 without endless matches.
    the reason why rets seems strong is that he has great off heal(60% more on teammates),hand spells etc.
    you will get focused a lot.

Ferals are kind of getting the warrior treatment for next patch. They won't be quite so bad as the warriors, but they are losing all of their core components that make them strong right now. Treant stun going away is huge, cyclone not being instant in any fashion is really huge. Not being able to NS healing touch a partner during heart is a big deal. They are still going to be strong because of synergy with disc and unpeelable damage, they just one be as faceroll because they can't put out that damage while having quite as much control.

The name of the game right now is burst and Rets are borderline absurd with wings up in this department. Hunter burst is actually going up in 5.4 with the arcane shot changes and MM tends to scale really well with better weapons. Disc priests are actually getting buffed in 5.4 on the ptr currently too.

Overall I'd say go with Ret and run Ret/Hunter/Disc for 5.4, it's going to be even scarier than it is in 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    ret- overly strong on live, bordering overpowered next patch. They're squishy, but have insaaane heals and burst, if you don't cc a ret with cooldowns, you die.
    This statement is both truth and false. Paladins won't be on the border of being overpowered at all. They will show the same pressure they do now, but will be able to do it every 3 minutes instead of every 5, keep in mind the GotAKs no longer stacks to 20 but now it'll stack to 12 so that is where the trade off is. More times to burst but less maximum capabiliy compared to now. To be honest though...most kill targets (more like 100% of the time) are all dead before GotAKs stacks to 20 anyway.

As for inquisition, its a quality of life issue, now Paladins can use a few more GCDs for dmg or healing rather than keeping up a buff, its nothing overpowering at all.

And that fear we get...is a talent in the same tier as FoJ and Repent. So Paladins still have mediocre CC, just now we are more flexibile working with cetain comps.

End if the day, nothing is overpowering here...if you struggle to kill a ret in 5.4 its eiter because you were outplayed or undergeared.