Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Found aoeing the bloodguards to be faster, actually just did it on my alt.

The hardest and most time consuming part of the legendary chain is still winning a silvershard mines game. *Grumpy that I just did 7 silvershard mines losses on my hunter*
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The raid drops aren't what holds alts up, it is the reputation grind for the Black Prince. It was OK for mains, because you didn't have the +100% rep for daily quest hub factions, but your alts are exalted so fast you don't even get Black Prince to Revered by the time you're done with the factions.
    I managed to get my alt warlock exalted just by doing enough dailies to get my 3 charms/runes per week. I didn't level my warlock until halfway through the first tier. I wasn't even thinking about Black Prince rep at the time. It's not difficult in the slightest.

(hell, I didn't even start getting my warlock Secrets until 5.3 and now both of my characters are ready for their legendary cloak, so that part isn't a barrier, either).

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Found aoeing the bloodguards to be faster, actually just did it on my alt.

The hardest and most time consuming part of the legendary chain is still winning a silvershard mines game. *Grumpy that I just did 7 silvershard mines losses on my hunter*

Agreed, THIS is the barrier to entry :P

In all seriousness, time-played is the first barrier, but Silvershard Mine is the second!

Meh, I think I won my games on my DK, Pal and Monk (only 3 that I've cared enough to get that far with) within 2 tries tops in each BG. Just get 1-2 other people who aren't windowlickers at PVP and it's not that bad. Esp now with the resil changes.

Hell, I went like 14-0 in SSM on my WW in crap PVE gear lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Blademaster
    Hmmph, I had no issues with the mines, while murder-ball took several tries. Yet it was the Runestones in the end that broke me, going 4 weeks in a row with zero drops, which went one a week after the 100% drop from Lei Shen was patched. Made me not want to bother on my alts.

SJ

I got really lucky with the BGs; the Kotmogu one (incidentally awesome BG, I loved Black Garden in RIFT) had a good group and we dominated. SSM was super close, like Horde had 1480 and we had 1460 or something and we literally controlled a mine cart at the last possible second just as it went into the shaft and gave us enough points to win. It was pretty awesome for someone who loathes PVP. That said though I've gotten maybe 1 Secrets in repeated 11/12 clears so I'm only at 11 right now
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291