Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Faction Hozen, I want them as playable race!

Hey there,

I did today the Stormstout brewery, and i drank the potion that turned you into a Hozen, and first thing when i attacked an enemy i felt so great.
    Not like in feeling pro, but how they attack, it looks really... Awesome?
    As hunter, i can't manage a different race that shoots these arrows more cool then Hozen.

If you wanne know what i mean with these animations and how they look, for those who don't know.
    I made a video to show you why i got impressed.

I assume that there are loads of people out there who disagree with me, but i think Hozen could be a fun good race for future expansions.

Any of you like the animations of attack they have? Or hate it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    dear god no.

I don't want a race playable whos racial special is to fling its own shit.

Unless.. you want the alliance covered in monkey crap in bgs?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    dear god no.

I don't want a race playable whos racial special is to fling its own shit.

Unless.. you want the alliance covered in monkey crap in bgs?
    Fling shit gives enemies a debuff of -10% speed. x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you.. want the alliance having monkey crap thrown at them.. because thats what hozen would do if they were playable.
    #boycottchina

Firstly, Trassk, who cares? There's hunter pets that fling shit as it is, so I bet you've been covered in poo if you ever faced a hunter with a monkey in his stable already.
    Second, I think the hozen animations are neat, but nothing amazing and certainly nothing strong enough to base a playable faction on - it's because you've been playing whatever race you currently are for long enough that the animations bore you, and seeing the funny monkey do something new is fun, and I don't blame you for that.

But that'd need to do a LOT of lore writing for hozen to make me entertain the thought of them joining the horde as a playable race. And I'd rather them do that with an older, more lore recognized race, like ogre or naga or even murloc before hozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay, another reason why, and a more serious one here, that hozen wouldn't make for good playable characters is, well, this:

The Hozen are uncannily dexterous foragers and hunters who dwell in clans among treetops and mountains of Pandaria. The hozen are a short-lived race. Their elders are typically no more than twenty years old. As a result, their relative maturity when compared to the other speaking races is quite minimal[3] and their society lacks roots (and rules) as a result. Uncouth and impulsive, Hozen nonetheless play, live and squabble together…at least until their clans grow so large that they collapse into multiple smaller groups.
    hozen are far to short lived to be taken seriously as a playable race. As its said, they are a race that acts like 14 year old boys, which is kind of annoying. It even describes them as being extremely feral, there pretty much only just stepped out of the gene pool, making even the primitive trats of the horde look mature and sophisticated.
    #boycottchina

To be honest people are going to complain no matter what race we get.

Blood Elves were too pretty for the Horde.
    Draenei are space goat gypsies.
    Worgen are from Twilight.
    Goblins are annoying.

Even for lore appropriate races, most people won't care about the lore.

High elves are just blood elves.
    Ogres are fat, etc etc.

I should note these are not my opinions, just those I've heard from others.

As for Hozen and presumably Jinyu, I don't see either of them lorewise becoming so involved with the factions as to take part in their affairs outside Pandaria where it just doesn't concern them.

But that'd need to do a LOT of lore writing for hozen to make me entertain the thought of them joining the horde as a playable race.
    I will always hold some hope we can play as vrykul at some point, though. The best explanation I'd have for that is that with the Lich King gone, the remaining vyrkul join up with the factions so they can basically battle each other to the death to go to vrykul Valhalla - and the Horde and Alliance, of course, are either happy to welcome them or are obliged to because if they don't, they'll side with the other team.

Naga and ogres don't appeal to me at all.

I wouldn't mind playable Hozen, as I think they look pretty damn cool. I'd prefer Jinyu though, I think they're one of the best races in all of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    To be honest people are going to complain no matter what race we get.

Blood Elves were too pretty for the Horde.
    Draenei are space goat gypsies.
    Worgen are from Twilight.
    Goblins are annoying.

Even for lore appropriate races, most people won't care about the lore.

High elves are just blood elves.
    Ogres are fat, etc etc.

I should note these are not my opinions, just those I've heard from others.

As for Hozen and presumably Jinyu, I don't see either of them lorewise becoming so involved with the factions as to take part in their affairs outside Pandaria where it just doesn't concern them.

I will always hold some hope we can play as vrykul at some point, though. The best explanation I'd have for that is that with the Lich King gone, the remaining vyrkul join up with the factions so they can basically battle each other to the death to go to vrykul Valhalla - and the Horde and Alliance, of course, are either happy to welcome them or are obliged to because if they don't, they'll side with the other team.

Naga and ogres don't appeal to me at all.
    Actually, Blood elves is just High Elves.

I personally think the more the merrier.If someone wants to play one and it keeps them in game than all the better for our community. I don't care if they add 20 more races.

Hozen may have short lives but they most likely reproduce quickly as well, and they obviously mature quickly.

If they get added and people like them, power to them. I just won't play one, and I'll be glad that they're locked to being Horde.

I'd much prefer to see alternate races to Hozen as playable, since I personally hate the Hozen and think they're FAR more ridiculous, nonsensical, and a joke than Pandaren, and we all know the total shitstorm that caused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a more simplistic race might be appealing to some. They're a little goofy, but not really much more so than some of the existing races can be when they're being depicting in more humorous situations.

A race that doesn't take things as seriously and brings less baggage to the table might be refreshing.

Nah... they won't fit.
    I can imagine players whining over hozens -_-
    10x big then over pandarens

I don't think they should be playable, but I'd like to see them outside of Pandaria in the future. These non-playable races add variety to zones and quests that otherwise would be filled with humans and orcs.

They also have a lot of personality, the Monkey King is one of the most interesting characters in Pandaria in my opinion.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh gimlix... You and your weird ideas. But I don't want them as a playable race.

if hozen ever became a playable race they would probably join the alliance

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Hozen may have short lives but they most likely reproduce quickly as well, and they obviously mature quickly.
    Unlike the average wow gamer certainly true for me at any rate.
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monekop View Post
    Unlike the average wow gamer certainly true for me at any rate.
    not like short lifetimes mean anything anyways, wows timeline is only 4 years so far starting with vanilla, a 20 year lifespan is enough time for tons of expansions

Deleted
    Monkeys for horde? Yes please. They would fit perfectly there. And blizzard is already flinging shit towards Alliance so what's the difference?

(only that last sentence was a joke)