Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Have you been running into players who don't want to do their job more frequently?

I've noticed that most Mages, and Warlocks seem to get legitimately upset if you ask them for a Mage Table or Warlock Stones and in most cases straight up refuse to do it (this is in Battle Grounds). I've had several Druids rage about why they didn't have to cast Mark of the Wild when someone in a 5-man group asked for it. I constantly see healers refuse to resurrect other players in LFR (which is annoying because I don't want to wait 5 minutes for someone to run back so we can pull the boss). Edit: I forgot about this one. There was a Rogue in my guild who refused to cast Tricks of the Trade on other players because he was afraid it would bump their DPS above his.

Is this just me, or is anyone else noticing that this is starting to happen more often? If so, what do you think the culprit for this sudden anti-social behavior is?
    Last edited by achromatickang; 2013-06-30 at 02:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak for Warlocks because that's damn important mid-fight utility. Also, the druids are probably just cunts.

But mages aren't here to look after you and shouldn't be obligated to make food when you can buy or make stuff for mere silver.

And healers aren't there to hold the hands of people too lazy to run back. I refuse to, myself, and release as soon as I get the chance when I'm dead.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Can't speak for Warlocks because that's damn important mid-fight utility. Also, the druids are probably just cunts.

But mages aren't here to look after you and shouldn't be obligated to make food when you can buy or make stuff for mere silver.

And healers aren't there to hold the hands of people too lazy to run back. I refuse to, myself, and release as soon as I get the chance when I'm dead.
    I don't think some Warlocks realize how big of a deal the Stones are. It seems like when they refuse to share them, it's the one time me and enemy dude are both at 10% health fighting over a node and that Stone could have swayed the battle into my favor.

As far as Mage Tables go, I really don't know, I just don't think pressing one button on your keyboard is that hard during a 2 minute staging period but to each their own. You gotta remember most of the people I run into in Random BGs are poor / new characters and can't even afford to gem/enchant their gear yet. While I actually flask a lot of these guys don't see bringing bandages and food as a major priority.

And for the LFR thing, I'm the same way, I don't like being lazy but I have had held off recently on running into the zone so quickly because the last two times I released and ran into the zone, everyone else got res'd on the spot and they pulled without me. The instance I'm referring to most recently (like two days ago) was when the raid wiped, and everyone got a res but 3 guys (who died through no fault of their own). When I asked the healers if they could res them so we could pull they called these players lazy, and I'm thinking "so everyone else got a res but these guys?" and it ended up costing us the only dude in the raid who was doing over 200K DPS. It just blows my mind because I can't equate pressing a button on my keyboard as laboring.
    Last edited by achromatickang; 2013-06-30 at 02:03 AM.

No, not really, but I've been running into players that complain about everything related to the game A LOT more frequently lately.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids not battle ressing, WARLOCKS NEVER BATTLE RESSING and DKs not battle ressing.

Basically anyone not battle ressing a tank mid-fight annoys the heck out of me.

Mage's used to need reagents to summon portals and food tables, now that it's free I cant see a reason not to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    Mage's used to need reagents to summon portals and food tables, now that it's free I cant see a reason not to use it.
    I can't see a reason for people to not be responsible for their own stuff. It's not like food doesn't drop a ton off mobs. And that stuff actually gives buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just ask in Instance about whether or not I should wait for a res or run back. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's LFR after all and organization is not really it's strong point. Can't really say I've seen a lot of the rest of it but I don't really run many dungeons at 90. I don't have a problem giving out buffs though. A Fortitude buff is second nature by now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Eh, most of my runs in LFR go pretty smoothly. People bitch but they just get ignored anyway; just LFR heroes trying to look tough. As a warlock I always drop soulwells before each fight and if a tank drops and I am in range I will stone them. Unless the tank was a twat and pulled when people weren't ready and half the raid gets locked out. I also won't use my Mass Res on people if they're being pricks; that's my prerogative; if it takes more time to run back than it does to click a button you are wasting everyone's time by not clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I can't see a reason for people to not be responsible for their own stuff. It's not like food doesn't drop a ton off mobs. And that stuff actually gives buffs.
    food buff costs alot.
    And its stupid to refresh a food buff after every boss or trash.

On my mage i put table up pretty much after every boss on LFR. Its not big of a deal especially with presence of mind when its instant.

But food is pretty useless in todays wow, healers barely lose any mana and if they do they regen it back outside combat very quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    food buff costs alot.
    And its stupid to refresh a food buff after every boss or trash.
    Only if you use cooking food. The shit that drops off mobs or bought from vendor are free/cheap and give buffs. There's no reason for anyone to not have their own food. Like WTF do those people do when they're out killing stuff on their own?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    And it is not like healers can kill anything quite efficiently, or that most dropping food restores only health and not mana. And that food, which restores mana, does it much slower than mage food. Vendor food 's price is also measured in gold and not silver as someone mistakenly pointed out.

But yet again I can't see a reason why mages don't pay 10k gold per death in repair bills. It isn't like they can kill mobs faster than healers and can cheat death with invisibility. That's an example of your logic.
    If so, what do you think the culprit for this sudden anti-social behavior is?
    Upto lv90 game is full of anti-social environment. CRZ, dumbed down leveling, other players being rather an obstacle and competitors over finite amount of quest mobs and resources, train-wreck balance at low levels (yes it matters too). There is little if anything that supports social interaction - professions are infinitely far beyond totally broken and dull, making trading just an AH game, normal/hc raid-scene isn't inviting either, it rather promotes behaviour based on ignorance. Culprit for this was constant changing of this game, with main changes being done at WotLK->Cata transition, MoP continues direction of Cata, too bad that people refuse to acknowledge it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    And it is not like healers can kill anything quite efficiently, or that most dropping food restores only health and not mana. And that food, which restores mana, does it much slower than mage food. Vendor food 's price is also measured in gold and not silver as someone mistakenly pointed out.
    lvl 90 vendor/drop food gives mana at the same rate as lvl 90 mage food.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really comment how it is where most of you are... but eh, I don't know if food and other fairly minor stuff is that big of a deal... I've always been pretty self reliant and have one bag dedicated to my stock of poisons, potions/elixirs, food, and bandages. Though it would be kind to lay out a table to share now and then.

Now someone who doesn't want to help rez... >.> Why roll that class if you don't want to help the team. Typically I'll try to vanish if the group is wiping. I'd rather not die and be that burden or have to run back, but also if I can at least remain standing then I can try to use my army knife on someone who can rez the others. Just a Rogue trying to help with that...not that hard to try to lend a hand.

It gets annoying. Hey warlock can you drop a 12th summoning stone and wait 20 minutes for 2 other douche bags to channel it with you? Because moron A forgot flask B in the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    mages aren't here to look after you and shouldn't be obligated to make food
    mages are taken to raid first and foremost as vending machines and portal dispensers, sorry ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a tank so I notice a lot of people wanting to do my job more frequently. Especially Hunters and Mages. Paladins too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    mages are taken to raid first and foremost as vending machines and portal dispensers, sorry ^^
    Mages can't open portals if they don't get loot.

I've taken up charging for lock portals. 10g per. Which is my way of saying, you come to the raid prepared or not at all.

Don't know everything that is not completely afk is already a big plus in any content played with randoms.