Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Thank the BLUE GODS ABOVE. Finally something all LFR cry babies can't get. Welcome to old wow, where you had to EARN your gear. Not just hey, I am on, lets go get some purples. Cry more OP, it has prestige to the encounter. If everyone could get it, why even try?

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    In general, I'm opposed to attunements but this one seems so minor I don't think it's worth getting upset over. With the nerfs to the tier 14 raid collection pieces (and presumably ones incoming for tier 15), even the most serious alts can probably still get the cloaks in a reasonable amount of time.

Really the only people I suspect will end up excluded is the people on fresh 90s who run up and hit it a few times for the tap in hopes they can get some sweet loot that is a zillion ilvls about what they are currently wearing. I am okay with that; we have four world bosses already with that feature. One slightly more exclusive one that requires a bit more preparation and coordination is a pretty fair deal to me.
    Tziva, completely agree with you. If you can simply unlock everything, what purpose does it give. Its an "ATTAINABLE" feat, get to grinding, working with your guildies, and I am sure with enough QQ, blizzard will nerf it next expan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antagonizer View Post
    Love all the whining about this damn cloak yes RNG sucks but i have gotten the cloak on my Main this week. and my 2 main alts I play are both on Titan Runestones one has 8 and one has 6. All this talk about clearing ToT weekly and have a handful of secrets is complete bullshit. You either did not complete the first collection from MSV/HoF/ToES in a timely manner or your just plan ass lieing period.
    yah, wrong. some players, myself included, do have incredibly bad luck. you have incredibly good luck and cant understand how bad others have it. just as there are extremely rich people in the world, there is also poverty. bad luck happens stop pretending it doesnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They really should make the cloaks required for people to enter normal and heroic mode instances.

If it's like gal/oon and not drop tier I'm happy with it. My main has his 600 cloak waiting for 5.4 but most of my alts are a little ways into the first collection in tot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In general, I'm opposed to attunements but this one seems so minor I don't think it's worth getting upset over. With the nerfs to the tier 14 raid collection pieces (and presumably ones incoming for tier 15), even the most serious alts can probably still get the cloaks in a reasonable amount of time.
    A reasonable amount of time being playing the toon 10 hours a week for 4 months if starting from scratch.

I don't know of any guild that wouldn't wait around for 4 months for someone to get his cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    lol this doesn't just screw the average player, this is gong to screw the people who have the legendary cloak but cant see the boss either because they can't find enough people who have access to the boss. Most servers already have to x-realm world bosses, so to me this is kind of whack. cant even tell you how many times ive spent hours trying to find people for oondasta, or nalak and found like 10 dudes. imagine when they have to have a legendary cloak too.
    You seem to forget that the virtural realms are coming. Wich means that servers will be merged = More people.

uhhhh we have like 1.5-2months till 5.4 so you will at least get 6-8 runestones just from lei shen zzzzz ive started doing test of valor in 5.2 and im 10/12 runestone (finish this week prob with lei shen+raden) so yea most people will be finished
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urmmom View Post
    Thank the BLUE GODS ABOVE. Finally something all LFR cry babies can't get. Welcome to old wow, where you had to EARN your gear. Not just hey, I am on, lets go get some purples. Cry more OP, it has prestige to the encounter. If everyone could get it, why even try?[COLOR="red"]
    You realize that pretty much everyone who has a cloak has spent literally days in LFR to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    A reasonable amount of time being playing the toon 10 hours a week for 4 months if starting from scratch.

I don't know of any guild that wouldn't wait around for 4 months for someone to get his cloak.
    I question the premise of a four month prep time. As we get deeper and deeper into the expansion, Blizzard has made a number of changes to the earlier portions of the chain to catch people up. I know a number of people who are already on the ToT collection stage of the quest, only slightly behind me, on alts that hit 90 this month. When the patch launches, nerfs to the Secrets and Runestones portion of the quest will probably follow like we saw with Sigils, speeding things up even further.

But even if it was true -- and I still really don't think it will be anywhere near that -- so the one new dude can't go. One less guy is not goign to hinder a kill, especially with cross realm grouping and shared taps.

I think people are getting really preemptively worked up about something that is going to end up not being a big deal. At least wait until the patch is live before you decide how terrible this decision is.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

You realize that pretty much everyone who has a cloak has spent literally days in LFR to get it.
    Well I assume he is talking about next tier and gated LFR wings... Which would mean It would taking a lot longer for someone to get the legendary cloak in LFR next tier to fight the boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will be pissed if the boss drops pvp gear.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

If this is true I just shake my head lol

glad I quit WoW

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    uhhhh we have like 1.5-2months till 5.4 so you will at least get 6-8 runestones just from lei shen zzzzz ive started doing test of valor in 5.2 and im 10/12 runestone (finish this week prob with lei shen+raden) so yea most people will be finished
    A lot of people barely even log in at the end of patches.

I guarantee "most people will be finished" is less than 10% of max level characters,
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how these "pro" players complain about LFR and casuals. Guess what? I am a casual player and ive been doing only LFR and i am glad with this move by Blizzard. Also, this world boss will be around for a long time, so everyone will have their chance to do it if they really want it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I question the premise of a four month prep time. As we get deeper and deeper into the expansion, Blizzard has made a number of changes to the earlier portions of the chain to catch people up. I know a number of people who are already on the ToT collection stage of the quest, only slightly behind me, on alts that hit 90 this month.
    If so, they're liars, or your memory is terrible, or you're making shit up, or you don't even remember what game you're playing, because you would need to get 10/10 from MSV/HoF/ToES ***IN ONE WEEK*** followed by grinding the usual 1000 valor per week for 3 weeks, then a couple of random BGs and the like to do, and then you can start collecting from ToT.

There is no way to do that in 4 weeks. Maybe 5 weeks, 6 weeks would be faster than normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post

glad I quit WoW

I guarantee "most people will be finished" is less than 10% of max level characters,
    If you cant even bother to do LFR which you can do whenever you want, you probably dont care, or dont deserve it really.

I think 10% is optimistic.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I think 10% is optimistic.
    Very optimistic.

I don't think this requirement will make it to live, anyway. It seems pretty pointless.

Like I said, it would make more sense to require people to have the cloak just to enter normal or heroic mode SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    If so, they're liars, or your memory is terrible, or you're making shit up, or you don't even remember what game you're playing, because you would need to get 10/10 from MSV/HoF/ToES ***IN ONE WEEK*** followed by grinding the usual 1000 valor per week for 3 weeks, then a couple of random BGs and the like to do, and then you can start collecting from ToT.

There is no way to do that in 4 weeks. Maybe 5 weeks, 6 weeks would be faster than normal.
    It's entirely possible to get all your sigils in a week as the drop rate on them is greatly increased, although I will concede two is probably more likely. It's also possible to complete your BGs the same week you finish capping your valor; there's no reason to add weeks for that.

I might be off by a week or two in my estimations of when they hit 90 but not by much. The point is that it doesn't take that long to catch up now that you need less sigils, they drop far more often, and you only need three weeks of VP instead of six. The point is that your original estimation of four months is massive hyperbole and very unlikely to reflect the actual time that will be required, especially considering we will probably see further nerfs to the Tier 14 and Tier 15 collection stages when Tier 16 is released.

And, as I said, even if it did take that long... then you just do the boss without your new guy or the reroll in the meantime. It's not going to hold anyone back.

| twitch | bsky
    |

glad I quit WoW

im confused, your on a WoW fansite basically, in a thread complaining about a optional boss available to everyone if they put some time in.
    By your last sentence, most people will be finished yada yada. 10% of max level characters IS HIGH. Because thats everyones 90 alts included, level 90s that QUIT the game, and all of that.
    Most people that have ran LFR and put effort to atleast try will be done. Which is really all the ones that matter, no one else, not pvpers (why would they)

also, didnt we just have a like 35page thread about this..?
    Also, to the rest of the topic you could technically be caught up in no time with some amazing RNG. Lets say Fresh 90 on a tuesday.
    Week #1: Sigils done, 1k into the 3k valor
    Week #2: 2/3k valor
    Week #3: 3/3k valor, Starts secrets, So then theirs 12 chances for secrets, Okay lets say in some godly way a person got 12
    Week #4: Last 8 secrets drops (Again, some AMAZING RNG) Person starts on runestones, chance for 6, Lets say he gets 6.
    Week #5: Last 6 runestones drop, WOAH HES DONE GUYS!

So a bit over a month with the best possible RNG, So lets say 2-3months, (Which is about when the next patch comes out)
    Now, if people are actually playing their mains, they could easily have a cloak without being lazy >.>"
    Last edited by artem123; 2013-06-30 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously within this context we're talking about "most people [who are actually working on the legendary chain]." I don't think there's any advantage to factoring players who don't care about the cloak and don't do end game into the equation since they probably also don't give a shit about not being able to fight one of the handful of world bosses in the game.

| twitch | bsky
    |