Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Legendary Cloak Required In 5.4? Nice...

Awesome Blizz, the new world boss in 5.4 will REQUIRE you to have that Legendary Cloak to even get to him.

Ordos is a difficult world boss that requires you to have a legendary cloak to get to him. He will respawn every few hours or so, but the main gating mechanism for him is getting a group together that all has the cloak. He drops items that will be anywhere from Normal to Normal Thunderforged quality.
    Well, hopefully the RNG Gods allow me to even finish the damn quest. I've been doing it every single week, and I am STILL on secrets of the empire... I just need 3 more and they will not drop.

Then, I get to do yet another wonderful RNG collecting quest.

Yet another mechanic to keep people subscribed until they announce the next expansion.

lol, really? RNG to fight a world boss. :/

Pick one. RNG gods or mechanic to keep subs.

lol this doesn't just screw the average player, this is gong to screw the people who have the legendary cloak but cant see the boss either because they can't find enough people who have access to the boss. Most servers already have to x-realm world bosses, so to me this is kind of whack. cant even tell you how many times ive spent hours trying to find people for oondasta, or nalak and found like 10 dudes. imagine when they have to have a legendary cloak too.
    Last edited by achromatickang; 2013-06-30 at 04:21 AM.

I think he means the rng on titan runestone... which in turn is his way of saying rng to actually fight the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Awesome Blizz, the new world boss in 5.4 will REQUIRE you to have that Legendary Cloak to even get to him.

Well, hopefully the RNG Gods allow me to even finish the damn quest. I've been doing it every single week, and I am STILL on secrets of the empire... I just need 3 more and they will not drop.

Then, I get to do yet another wonderful RNG collecting quest.

Yet another mechanic to keep people subscribed until they announce the next expansion.
    The quest is REQUIRED to get to the boss, but the boss isn't REQUIRED to do anything else all you get is a chance at some bonus loot every week that you can get from normals anyway, its a nice little reward, like the lockbox from shadowmourne or the mount from dragonwrath, untwist your panties.
    Last edited by Nirox; 2013-06-30 at 04:23 AM.

Yes, absolutely required. One could say it's mandatory. Or even that Blizzard is forcing us to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak required for a World Boss means it's required for 5.4? Say wut?

This is to punish people who sub for 1 month doing LFR then quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    Yes, absolutely required. One could say it's mandatory. Or even that Blizzard is forcing us to get it.
    Just like blizzard is forcing you to keep subscribed.

Yup, Ordos is 100% completely required to fully enjoy the game, everything else is locked until you face smash your keyboard and get all your RNG items, can't talk in any chats, can't trade, can't Auction House, can't even log in until you get the cloak and beat Ordos.

all the tears taste soooo good!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're threads are always so intresting.

not

15+ Year Old Account
    Delicious casual tears
    Poor u guys, ONE world boss u cant do, guess u can go and un-sub then and let rest of us enjoy 5.4
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Isn't it only required for one person in the group to have the cloak to access the boss?

15+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? I'm not even sure you care that much beyond being able to bitch about something.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just one boss big deal OP lol oh and Dr steeve the player themselves need it or you get ported out.

10+ Year Old Account
    im more concerned about what kind of loot the boss drops. i think ill wait till that list is made before i really start worrying about anything. either way, im not really concerned. RNG is plaguing the game more then anything else right now. its honestly the only thing i have found that i dont like. there is just too much RNG. but does this roadblock bother me? nah. i just need a few more runestones.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

It's just for one world boss. Let's not be too dramatic about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    im more concerned about what kind of loot the boss drops. i think ill wait till that list is made before i really start worrying about anything. either way, im not really concerned. RNG is plaguing the game more then anything else right now. its honestly the only thing i have found that i dont like. there is just too much RNG. but does this roadblock bother me? nah. i just need a few more runestones.
    They said normal thunderforge ilvl appropriate for the tier.
    The boss is tuned for premade groups not pugs that is why the cloak is required, they figured more skilled players will have the cloak thus making the group have a better chance at defeating the boss.