what happend to glyph of supernova and cataclysm spell?

those abilities would have been so awesome in pvp. I really wish they would add it because anything to help keep the melee off of us in pvp would be great.They seemed like such a neat abillities i understand that they thought cataclysm seemed lackluster and weak, but i would still like to see it in game.
    anyone else think they should add it in game?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What happen to them? Really simple Scrapped

Might have been OP... We locks are not in a bad position nowadays anyway.. thoiugh I would have liked Cataclysm spell ^^
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Guldur View Post
    Might have been OP... We locks are not in a bad position nowadays anyway.. thoiugh I would have liked Cataclysm spell ^^
    Actually i thought they didn't continue working on the cataclysm spell because blizz felt that it didnt help, not that it was op. i just thought it was a really neat spell

as for the glyph of supernova, i don't really think that is op. well that's just my opinion but still it would have been really neat to see a destro warlock explode when he dies lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supernova sounds like a Fire spell. Cataclysm sounds a bit Earthish depending on the use.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked them too, for flavour reasons

Quite unnecessary abilities though, would have served solely to make warlocks even better in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    I liked them too, for flavour reasons

Quite unnecessary abilities though, would have served solely to make warlocks even better in PvP
    lol i totally feel the same way, although they would help alot in pvp situations. like guldur posted we are in pretty decent shape in pvp so its not like we desperately need these abilities.

still it would be really neat to have these spells,even just to have them to add flavor to the class.....oh i hope i don't get one of those, "warlocks have gotten enough attention this expansion be happy with what you got " posts for saying that lol

They didn't like the suicide/death glyph for obvious reasons. The cata spell was just not effective. It didn't let locks breath vs melee who just stepped away then back while keeping the lock under pressure. It didn't deliver on any measureable goal so they removed it. Devs were unwilling to make its mechanics function such that it was powerful (say instant effect) so it just got scraped. Unfortunately they didn't offer anything else in its place so locks suffered in the meantime. (look at representation from say 1800 up to 2400 in say 100mmr increments during this expansion each time a patch came out)

We are kind of getting it back in spirit with the breath of guldan thing which is simply the old 4.x version shadowflame spell with a new name. The goal of the spell being a self peel vs melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    They didn't like the suicide/death glyph for obvious reasons. The cata spell was just not effective. It didn't let locks breath vs melee who just stepped away then back while keeping the lock under pressure. It didn't deliver on any measureable goal so they removed it. Devs were unwilling to make its mechanics function such that it was powerful (say instant effect) so it just got scraped. Unfortunately they didn't offer anything else in its place so locks suffered in the meantime. (look at representation from say 1800 up to 2400 in say 100mmr increments during this expansion each time a patch came out)

We are kind of getting it back in spirit with the breath of guldan thing which is simply the old 4.x version shadowflame spell with a new name. The goal of the spell being a self peel vs melee.
    now i understand the reasoning behind the cataclysm spell, but the glyph of supernova would have been so awesome.to me it really would have showcased the "destruction" theme and flavor of a destro warlock. besides how awesome would it have been to see destro locks explode when they die lol kinda like the predator does when he knows he's defeated. although i guess i understand why they didn't add it. would be nice to have it as just maybe a cosmetic glyph or something.

hopefully next expansion they give us a new awesome ability that kinda resembles what they were trying to do with these spells

If you've ever seen or used the cataclysm spell it's pretty awful tbh imo.

Best part was GC's justification that it was cut was because "melee just stepped out of it"......after they nerfed it so it took longer to cast.

You think one might have something to do with the other?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    those abilities would have been so awesome in pvp.
    They were scrapped because they were exactly not that. They didn't solve the pvp problem Xelnath thought they would.

They could've just rework it to make it viable. They nerfed the ability so much that every melee could avoid it, so they decided to scrap it out instead of fix it. That spell could have been so fun and helpful (and amazing, look at that animation..!! drools )...

Cataclysm would have been sooooo cool on: Horridon adds, H Megaera adds, Ji-kun platforms, primordius, H Twins adds, and Lei Shen ball lightning

Not to mention a few T14 fights as well (Will mainly... although H feng and wind lord would have worked too)

Deleted
    Both spell and glyph were part of Xelnath´s heritage and so thrown to the garbage can.

Quote Originally Posted by sarklord View Post
    Both spell and glyph were part of Xelnath´s heritage and so thrown to the garbage can.
    Didn't really have anything to do with Xelnath. Cataclysm was just a horrible spell, period. It was essentially the equivalent to Nunu's ult in LoL except it had no slow component, so as a melee you saw the big glowing lock and ran your ass out of range and waited a second to run back in and finish the inevitable - dead lock.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    Aww wouldd've been kinda cool with it, unneccesary or not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Observare View Post
    Aww wouldd've been kinda cool with it, unneccesary or not
    Cataclysm would have been a cool visual to have as a minor glyph, like Contemplation, since they did have a working texture (perhaps a minor glyph you only obtain after defeating Kanrethad, to give Affli more love?) but tbh "cool but useless" spells (real spells, visual glyphs are different) in WoW don't offer much when their novelty wears off and you're saying "Damn it, I hit Cata instead of Ember Tap, now that melee is /dancing outside my range and will charge/stun me when I finish and kill me before I can escape", case in point, Divine Intervention "Oh why did I die?!" let alone the Razorgore stuff that Cataclysm could possibly cheese (not saying it would, but the potential is always there with "You cannot be killed while doing X".

10+ Year Old Account
    Kanrethad stole Cataclysm and buffed it like super crazy. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss