Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Well you have to understand it goes beyond the borders of annoying, at least a decade ago. It was actually a major concern.
    A major concern for whom? Cry-baby moms who were offended by a dude wearing makeup and some black clothing? It was a stupid media frenzy about nothing. Is there -ANYTHING- substantial or specific you want to point out here, OP?

Funny thing is, if anyone ever bothered to read his auto biography or listen to his interviews, he's actually a pretty down to earth, polite, kind, and humble human being.

His appearance is nothing more than for shock no different than David Bowie's antics or Boy George.

I might not be a fan of his music overall but even his lyrics have some depth to them. He has some interesting shock rock stuff of course but he also has a lot of songs about simply not being afraid of expressing your individuality or being a "freak."
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-06-30 at 06:15 AM.

I dunno, I got a mod thingie for my furry thread, coz I was derogatory towards gays, even though they are derogatory towards NON-SEXUAL furries, and my fun thread got locked.

I don't give a damn if Marylin Manson has his ribs removed so he can fellatio himself, that's his business, as long as he does it IN PRIVATE. He can also put those ribs on his head to look like horns if that's what spins his pin.

And yes, in person, he sounds pretty normal and likable. And David Bowie is nowhere near gay, have you seen what he's married to?

As for my alt, all I was asking for was a non-sexually deviant furry pride parade that doesn't conflict with a NATIONAL HOLIDAY. And my parade wouldn't have bare butts hanging out; I would want it to be child-friendly.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2013-06-30 at 06:35 AM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Are we allowed to call people a troll without getting infracted? Rather than saying you're a troll (which is what I'm thinking) I'll simply say that's your far to sensitive to be on the internet if something as mild as Marilyn manson bothers you.
    No. you can't call people trolls.

You can however apparently create pointless threads that ask stupid questions, worded specifically to create a rift in opinion that will cause certain people to take a stand one way or another.

It's like saying "OP is a fucking troll piece of shit... No offense." Just because someone says "No offense" doesn't mean that their comment wasn't designed to be offensive.

Deleted
    He's too lewd and unrestrained for professionalism in my honest opinion. Maybe jail time wasn't the best choice of words, but maybe a fine? I mean, it just rubs me the wrong way how one can act like that and remain popular.

Oh you champion of morality and justice! Didn't we go through this after the columbine massacre? He was blamed for that because the nutters who did that terrible act listened to his music. And if you want lewd and unrestrained, say hello to rap music where most of the lyrics are sexist/drug related/'sing' about guns etc. And if you really want to go lewd and unrestrained, have a look at politics and politicians.

Should he be fined because someone who thinks like a football mum is offended by some songs that have not been popular in almost a decade? No. Don't be silly, now back under your bridge or return to your cave so you can whinge about the Horde being favorites and favoring genocide of the Horde races. It's 'good' to see you post open ended threads once more which are basically this:

http://1d4chan.org/images/7/7e/Lolcrontroll.jpg

You make posts, wait for people to reply then just stir it a bit and wait and watch. We can't call you a certain species of the Horde or the Warhammer/Toklien universe but you are one.
    Last edited by mmoc59316491c6; 2013-06-30 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    I dunno, I got a mod thingie for my furry thread, coz I was derogatory towards gays, even though they are derogatory towards NON-SEXUAL furries,and my fun thread got locked.
    Are you really saying it's okay for you to gay bash because the gays started it?

He is considered a terrible influence to children, and is controversially a source of discussion as the reason behind many unfortunate happenings in the US.
    how are these crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Are you really saying it's okay for you to gay bash because the gays started it?
    Of course not, I simply wanted to troll some trolls on the Mop and Pail. Alcohol does that. I also troll NatPost when I'm bored. *shrugs* it's a hobby that thankfully keeps me off the streets, eh? I like to ask trollish questions to make people think about things like, oh, double standards and stuff.

The one who called out my alt on that locked thread was correct, kudos to you, mate, for good spotting.

But I see you latched onto that, rather than noting that I don't give a damn about what Mr Manson, or anyone like him, does with themselves.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2013-06-30 at 06:30 AM.

Well you have to understand it goes beyond the borders of annoying, at least a decade ago. It was actually a major concern.
    Reading everything you type hurts my soul. Please, stop. Who gives a damn about Marilyn Manson? He makes music and acts like a twat. So does every member of Hollywood Undead. Who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    You make posts, wait for people to reply then just stir it a bit and wait and watch. We can't call you a certain species of the Horde or the Warhammer/Toklien universe but you are one.
    I think this is the most I've seen the OP post in a thread of their own creation. Things are not going to plan!
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    Elvis Presley was considered a major concern back in it's time... Should he deserve a fine too? Or should we just let people expres themselves like they want too? (Within legal limits ofcourse)

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Reading everything you type hurts my soul. Please, stop. Who gives a damn about Marilyn Manson? He makes music and acts like a twat. So does every member of Hollywood Undead. Who cares?
    buuuuut I just feeel like he annoys me, and others validate my view! i dont realyl think he should be jailed, maybe just a fine? because kids who listened to his music went all emo on us back in the 90s

If being a "bad influence on children" is enough to send someone to jail, Bonnie Zacherle should be next in line.

Also how is Marilyn Manson, "popular"...is it 1996 again?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If being a "bad influence on children" is enough to send someone to jail, Bonnie Zacherle should be next in line.

Also how is Marilyn Manson, "popular"...is it 1996 again?
    I feel like we entered a time machine, they haven't been really relavant in a long time. Manson lost his voice years ago, sounds like trash now.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Not to mention his cameo on Californication last season was fucking hilarious.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

How does such a person remain on the streets, let alone have such a successful career? He is considered a terrible influence to children, and is controversially a source of discussion as the reason behind many unfortunate happenings in the US.

What's your opinion on this? Be civil in your discussions.
    Last time I checked, and granted, I have not looked up much in the way of laws and all, but being "considered a terrible influence to children", and "controversially a source of discussion as the reason behind many unfortunate happenings in the US" were not crimes. No crime? No time.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Not to mention his cameo on Californication last season was fucking hilarious.

I watched one epsode of "that 70s show" to see Tommy Chong, and it was disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did he break any laws in his antics?

No?

Guess he shouldn't go to jail.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He's actually a really intelligent person, I don't think he's been current or in mainstream media for quite some time now. I could be wrong... Alice cooper did the same thing in the 70s.

Deleted
    I would rather have my kids look up to a multi talented multiple platinum recording artist than become closeminded biggots.