Poll: Do you think Armor dyes would be a cool addition to the game?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you think Armor dyes would be a cool addition to the game?

Or would it do more harm than good because there would be no point in getting Heroic raid gear as the unique color sets wouldn't matter?

I could see that being a problem, but everyone gets Heroic transmog sets for free after the content becomes obsolete, so I don't know. Maybe make it to where only Heroic raid armor, and Elite PVP gear could be dyed?

I personally love the dye system in Rift, and can think of a lot of Warcraft armor sets that don't look too cool with their default color, but would look amazing with a dye-job.

Deleted
    Yes!! GW2 also has that and I love it, sure there's the problem with the raid sets and their different colours but...I don't know maybe they could give those sets some special colours that are unobtainable as dyes? Just an idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of people would dye everything hot pink and things would get silly.

This is the WoW community we are talking about, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

Transmogrification allows you to look silly or funny already, if you find the 'right' outfit
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../granny/simple <--- see what I did there?

P.S. Im not sure if I have not just fell into your trap...

No, it would be a terrible idea.

Why?

Because then the WoW artists would actually have to make different designs for gear, and currently they can't even come up with good designs for gear. Adding more will just create more problems.

There are actually a lot of armor colors that were created and never implemented in game. This could be a way of bringing some of them to light.

Heroic players already whine that different color of gear isn't distinctive enough - nobody cares about color, the model is the same. But they still have their mounts, achievements and what-not, so I think that argument against color dyes isn't valid.

And yes, it would be a great idea. Even in GW2 there are many possibilities, and in WoW, with a LOT more armor sets, variants will be endless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool, but not sure quite how that would play out, if they'd have to go back and make recolors of a lot of the gear...can't really see them being willing to do that if that was the case.

10+ Year Old Account

Same thing was said about tranmog and I've seen maybe 2 people with ridiculous outfits since it was added.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Yes!! GW2 also has that and I love it, sure there's the problem with the raid sets and their different colours but...I don't know maybe they could give those sets some special colours that are unobtainable as dyes? Just an idea.
    Have one set of armor, with one color that drops, regardless of difficulty. Then put in dyes that drop only in Heroic.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see.....night elf female + glorious set + pink dye + pink hair = win
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it's a good idea. But it needs to be profession related.

10+ Year Old Account
    More purple gear is never bad.

I don't like it. I like the idea that the colour of the gear shows its level. The raid may drop the same models in each difficulty, but the colour changes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

More customization is always a good thing, in my opinion, so I'm in favour.

Different colours for heroic raids can be solved by making some dyes only drop in heroics, or have those particular colours not be available as dyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would love that. It takes real man to wear pink and look good in it !!!

The real answer is to just move past the idea that gear is a walking, talking epeen. The tooltip is where the pride should be, and the tooltip don't mog. But once you get to the idea that the appearance of gear is nothing other than the appearance of gear, it's a lot easier to be flexible about dye and transmog rules and armor classes, and such, without as much sturm und drang about heroic modes and obsolete gear.

Same slippery slope argument was used about transmog, and very few people use silly transmogs.

Logical Fallacy is still a Logical Fallacy.

No, I think it would be too much work for too little reward in terms of implementation. A better compromise would be the notion of a transmog catalog bound to account as was suggested in another thread.

I would dye everything pink instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.