View Poll Results: What do you guys think of a time travel WoW expansion?

Voters
49. This poll is closed
  • I like the idea. It has a lot of possibilities

16 32.65%
  • Hate the idea. Blizzard is stupid if they ever try to pull this off

8 16.33%
  • On the fence. Would like to see where it would be set and what new features were also added.

23 46.94%
  • Don't care. Will either buy regardless or not by playing by then anyway.

2 4.08%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Poll: Your views on a time travel based expansion.

Hey Guys and Gals!

This is my first thread on MMO-C, but been reading the forums for years.

This came about when I was reading another thread and someone mentioned time travel as a joke for WoW. Personally, I dont see this being that bad of an idea. I am a massive lore nerd and as such there are many times in Azeroth's history I would love to explore in game in some way shape or form.

So my question is how much do you guys like the concept of a Caverns based expansion. Each zone could be a different period of time, or we could just go back to one key point in WoW's history for the main story and content, but have the dungeons spawn off of different points in time.

Personally I would love to see in game the ordering of Azeroth by the Titans and their fight with the Old Gods, or possibly helping Aegwynn fight of Sargares and lock the remains of his avatar in his now infamous tomb.

Please bear in mind I am not suggesting this as the next expansion, just a possible expansion some time in the future.

It would feel like Cataclysm if you're jumping between several points and locations in time. One of the chief complaints was that there was nothing to tie Cataclysm zones together.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    It would feel like Cataclysm if you're jumping between several points and locations in time. One of the chief complaints was that there was nothing to tie Cataclysm zones together.
    Thats why I thought just focusing on one key point in time would work better. Would eradicate the disconnecting feeling a lot of people, including me, felt about the different Cata zones.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Eh, it's not impossible to have a coherent storyline to it. The problem with Cata was that the zones where disjointed both physically and storywise, so there was no real connection between them beyond some vague "Deathwing dun it".

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would prefer this anytime to burning legion or emerald dream. I like the caverns of time and I had the same thoughts about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best movie ever: Back to the Future.
    Best super power: Time manipulation
    Best dragon flight in WoW: Bronze
    Favorite dungeons: End Time, Durnhold, CoS, WoE

Love time travel, love cross dimensional stories.

I would be all over a time travel expansion.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-06-30 at 09:11 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

No, it would be very difficult to pull off.

10+ Year Old Account
    That got alot potential. Imagine great events from warcraft history as a raids. Assault on Blackrock Spire, Siege of Shattrath etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea, not sure about it being an entire expansion, maybe some part of one. Although if there could be a part where I go back in time and play my Belf guy and human girl as youngsters (d'awwww) then yes totally...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think if it was done right, it could be amazing...but it would have to be done right. And I think it would be very difficult to do right

i think an expansion based off warcraft 2 would be a very ironic way for turalyon and alleria to "return". but yes i would enjoy it as long as it was based off something either in a book or pre warcraft 3

Personally after reading Dawn of the Aspects, i would love to go back to a time where Galakarond is alive and attempt to take him down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyruin View Post
    Personally after reading Dawn of the Aspects, i would love to go back to a time where Galakarond is alive and attempt to take him down.
    Not read the book yet. Is it any good? I struggle with Knaak's writing style at times but I love the aspect based books!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty1985 View Post
    Not read the book yet. Is it any good? I struggle with Knaak's writing style at times but I love the aspect based books!
    I found it quite good but also due to being in parts a slight let down. As it would build up to a cliffhanger but when the next part started the cliffhanger didnt seem as appealing (if that makes any sense at all)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyruin View Post
    I found it quite good but also due to being in parts a slight let down. As it would build up to a cliffhanger but when the next part started the cliffhanger didnt seem as appealing (if that makes any sense at all)
    It does make sense. May wait to see if they collate it into a single book and then buy it like that instead of in five parts.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the fence, depends wether it will be done correctly or not. They can easily fuck it up like in cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda a terrible idea, especially with so many swollen, lingering plot points still in the present time alone.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    It could be quite awkward if it was sometime in the past, with a lot of races not being around at certain times. I wouldn't like to play through an entire expansion on my pandaren on my monk looking like a nightelf etc.

It would be very tricky to do right, if it wasn't done perfectly it would be a complete disaster.

I doubt it will work well, to be fair. Maybe an instance, or a group of instances, or even a raid, sure. An entire expansion? I'd much rather they focused on the present.

Fighting Alliance during the Second War, with the likes of Orgrim Doomhammer and Grom Hellscream by my side? Yes, I like.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?