Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    We do. Easy enough to check the actual values.

I believe it is 10000 agi per point of crit or something like that. It is minimal but it is there. That makes me wonder if the dps stat values that theck calculated is correct though, since agi should probably be far lower than it currently is (currently sitting at 1/3 of the value of crit while it requires almost 12x more agi to get 1% of crit than crit.
    10000 agi per 1% is the conversion rate for dodge from Agility for plate tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I had a really hard time giving up the Mastery/Stam paradigm at the start of MOP to go with haste. I felt like I was getting my teeth kicked in, and I likely was, as the whole idea of AM was still new-ish. I had actually benched the pal for my DK at the start of the 5.0 patch, but quickly gave that up (luckily), and had some re-learning to do.

That said, it's one of those things that I now look back at and wonder how we ever played without it. I mean, look at what you're gaining:

[Warning: Bad Napkin Math below}
    Let's call that ~3000 haste you're picking up a flat 7%, for ease of argument. That means that you're essentially picking up 7% more melee attacks, ergo 7% more SOI procs. Your SS is also ticking 7% faster, meaning that you have 7% less time between shields. Your HPG abilities are coming available 7% faster, meaning you get 7% more ShotR casts, ergo 7% more uptime. This is further increased by DP (if you take it), to ~9% more uptime. All this also means 7%+ more DPS from you.

All that, for 30k HP.

So, thinking of it in terms like that, should make it at least a bit easier to make the switch.

So I actually went ahead and made the change yesterday, gained ~3.7k haste (up to nearly 8.8k), losing 50k hp in the process. I didn't get the chance to play with it much with the changes, but I could definitely feel a major change in my haste, roughly on the order of being under the affects of bloodlust. It makes me wonder what made me put off making that change, to be perfectly honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.