Need advice on a good PvP server (Horde)

My friend and I recently came back to play on WoW. Our server is really dead, no one ever wants to do hc scenario's. Orgrimmar is dead 95% of the time and we are a bit fed up. He suggested we go to play on a pvp server that's high on population and high on Horde players.

I like competition, is there any good pvp servers out there that horde and ally are sort of even? I've googled some things and all I get is Outland pvp, Stormscale pvp and Kazzak pvp being the popular choices. Just thought I'd come here and see if you guys could shed some light as to why these realms are as good as people say. I don't mind going on a server where horde totally owns everything. But I wouldn't want things to be TOO easy if you know what I mean.

Deleted
    would be usefull to say eu or us, however considering you say stormscale EU, that seems like a really good idea tbh, im there and there are always plenty of people up for arena or rbg

Ah sorry my bad it's EU I'm on. Is Stormscale one of these that horde always win in bg's and such? Or is it a fairly even playing field?

Deleted
    bg winning doesn't have anything to do with server, and in the end will always be aprox 50%, however we win most tolbarad/wintersgrasp, also there is like 95% H vs 5% A

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    bg winning doesn't have anything to do with server, and in the end will always be aprox 50%, however we win most tolbarad/wintersgrasp, also there is like 95% H vs 5% A
    Thanks for the advice, seems like a really big difference in ratio there lol. Almost unfair. Do the allies not mind getting owned all the time or do they not care? But with that being said, is there still nice competition on the server between horde and allies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Thanks for the advice, seems like a really big difference in ratio there lol. Almost unfair. Do the allies not mind getting owned all the time or do they not care? But with that being said, is there still nice competition on the server between horde and allies?
    You could chose to not transfer and wait till the next patch (with is like 1-2 months away), where empty/dead realms will be merged with others, and where you have a region wide queuing system for arenas (basically the removal of battlegroupsm, more news on this topic will be released tomorrow).

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    You could chose to not transfer and wait till the next patch (with is like 1-2 months away), where empty/dead realms will be merged with others, and where you have a region wide queuing system for arenas (basically the removal of battlegroupsm, more news on this topic will be released tomorrow).
    I see. The thing is, levelling is not really a problem as I am currently RaF'd with my mate. I don't really want to pay to transfer, I was going to start fresh with my friend. But I wanted a server with a good ratio of Horde and Alliance so that wPvP is almost a certainty. Even though it would be fun to own the opposing faction, for me I waould feel like it's just too easy if the ally pop is much much lower than horde. Know what I mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. The thing is, levelling is not really a problem as I am currently RaF'd with my mate. I don't really want to pay to transfer, I was going to start fresh with my friend. But I wanted a server with a good ratio of Horde and Alliance so that wPvP is almost a certainty. Even though it would be fun to own the opposing faction, for me I waould feel like it's just too easy if the ally pop is much much lower than horde. Know what I mean?
    All zones below level 85 are now already cross realm (i.e. multiple servers are clustered for those zones), only pandaria is now realm specific (until the next patch). Currently the only realm where I am aware that world pvp happens every day is outland, which still has a reasonably well populated horde side.

You could take a look at this list. and look at the population column. It shows the amount of players that have killed a raid boss on that realm, and the faction relations. In theory if there would exist a realm that is full, but where only 1 player has killed a raid boss, that server would be dead last in that list. The reality however is that the amount of people who kill raidbosses is a good indication of the activity of a realm/faction.

Either way, that list should give you a brief idea.

All zones below level 85 are now already cross realm (i.e. multiple servers are clustered for those zones), only pandaria is now realm specific (until the next patch). Currently the only realm where I am aware that world pvp happens every day is outland, which still has a reasonably well populated horde side.

You could take a look at this list. and look at the population column. It shows the amount of players that have killed a raid boss on that realm, and the faction relations. In theory if there would exist a realm that is full, but where only 1 player has killed a raid boss, that server would be dead last in that list. The reality however is that the amount of people who kill raidbosses is a good indication of the activity of a realm/faction.

Either way, that list should give you a brief idea.
    Thanks mate, think I'm going to go Kazzak, seems a lot of activity going on in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks mate, think I'm going to go Kazzak, seems a lot of activity going on in there.
    My main realm is kazzak (also play on stormscale and outland), and it's a completely horde dominated realm. If you are up for world pvp then you will meet the outland alliance plenty, in sub 85 lvl cross realm zones. Kazzak is great if you like to pve besides pvp. 24/7 there are pugs going on, for whatever content you can imagine.

Deleted
    Almost unfair. Do the allies not mind getting owned all the time or do they not care?
    Since late wotlk you can't join Wintergrasp with 100 hordes and 20 Ally players, the slots are even. The same with Tol Barad. So, "Getting owned all the time" - I wouldn't say Owned, since if there is 10v10 players in WG, they aren't getting owned. So what are you getting at exacly?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Since late wotlk you can't join Wintergrasp with 100 hordes and 20 Ally players, the slots are even. The same with Tol Barad. So, "Getting owned all the time" - I wouldn't say Owned, since if there is 10v10 players in WG, they aren't getting owned. So what are you getting at exacly?
    What I meant was that if a realm is 95% horde and 5% alliance. To me it would feel a bit unbalanced. With horde winning the majority of things like TB an WG simply because there are more players. Meaning there's a good chance there are more "better" players than on the alliance side.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 09:48 PM ----------

My main realm is kazzak (also play on stormscale and outland), and it's a completely horde dominated realm. If you are up for world pvp then you will meet the outland alliance plenty, in sub 85 lvl cross realm zones. Kazzak is great if you like to pve besides pvp. 24/7 there are pugs going on, for whatever content you can imagine.
    That's awesome, I just got to orgrimmar and there's ton's of people here. This is how I remember WoW. Think Kazzak will be my new home me thinks ^^

Although you might have found a good PvP {H} server already, I do recommend Tichondrius.

- You'll find plenty of skilled players running around Org with high ratings
    - The only downside I've found will questing is that you'll encounter a lot of Alliance (Darkspear) around the 50 - 60 lvl but since you're are RaFing, you don't need to concern yourself with that.