Poll: Would you like to play this class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    For starters, the fact that Maiev sat in that Barrow for ten thousand years to guard Illidan kinda actually does say they are bound to stay forever in the same place, if that's the mission with which they are charged. If Tyrande hadn't released Illidan, Maiev would've stayed in that hole until either Illidan or the world died, whichever came first. And then when Illidan did escape, Maiev had only a singular purpose: to recapture Illidan. She didn't stop off in Westfall to aid in the Furlbrow investigation. She didn't invade Blackrock Depths to take on Emperor Thaurissan. The Wardens in Molten Front are there because Fandral escaped from their custody.

Again, Wardens are gaolers, not adventurers.
    only if that is the mission they were charged with. I totally understand that part. but in wow, u have plenty of missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    All rogues need to be a warden is spirit of vengeance. Which could happen. Because its just a manifestation of hatred. Rogue has fan of knives. An impaling ranged attack that poisons isnt hard, and with cloak and dagger, rogues can teleport around like wardens. Whats the problem?
    yh and how will you make rogues wear plate? cause wardens use plate u know. and wardens don't use poisons so idk what r ur expectations from blizzard revolving this conjecture...

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post

yh and how will you make rogues wear plate? cause wardens use plate u know. and wardens don't use poisons so idk what r ur expectations from blizzard revolving this conjecture...
    How do you know wardens wear plate..

http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...s/warden.shtml look at shadow strike. Hurls a poisoned dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Deleted

http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...s/warden.shtml look at shadow strike. Hurls a poisoned dagger.
    I think its easy to notice from the artwork. Plus it makes sense since they are like elite soldiers.

U are absolutely right about the poison part and I have no argument against that evidence. But maybe if they make Wardens a separate class they make it without having poisons but instead use shadow damage- at least somewhat.Shadow strike is still shadow related
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-09-01 at 05:06 PM.

Honestly I think that the Warden stuff is simply best incorporated into the rogue class, etc. From what I've read they seem like a mix between a warrior (plate armor) and a rogue (assassin/bounty hunter theme and having throwing knives.) I don't think they'd make a good, distinct addition to WoW's class arsenal.

Make it Mail armor with Agility/Spirit and you got me convinced.

10+ Year Old Account

Shadow Strike sounds like the perfect Rogue ability. I could even imagine combo points determining the duration and strength of the poison effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Honestly I think that the Warden stuff is simply best incorporated into the rogue class, etc. From what I've read they seem like a mix between a warrior (plate armor) and a rogue (assassin/bounty hunter theme and having throwing knives.) I don't think they'd make a good, distinct addition to WoW's class arsenal.
    I think that they DO make because they have the Vengeance sort of theme going on with the spirit and avatar moves that is unique plus they match plate with agility which is definitely something unheard of in Wow. At least that's how I see it and how I made it to be. moreso, rogues cannot use plate and the bounty hunter style is not really the warden. I think they are like law enforcers not bounty hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Make it Mail armor with Agility/Spirit and you got me convinced.
    lol idk. I made it with plate so it could tank effectively and plus to be authentic. But maybe if Blizzard did it they could make it in mail... However, if what bothers you is the new class introduced having to be mail, then I suggest you see my other class threads =)

I think that they DO make because they have the Vengeance sort of theme going on with the spirit and avatar moves that is unique plus they match plate with agility which is definitely something unheard of in Wow. At least that's how I see it and how I made it to be. moreso, rogues cannot use plate and the bounty hunter style is not really the warden. I think they are like law enforcers not bounty hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

lol idk. I made it with plate so it could tank effectively and plus to be authentic. But maybe if Blizzard did it they could make it in mail... However, if what bothers you is the new class introduced having to be mail, then I suggest you see my other class threads =)
    'Vengeance' imo is not enough of a theme to build a class on. And the avatar move is an interesting spell, but not enough to build a class on either. Looking at the warden they seem to mostly use rogue type moves but in plate armor. I just don't think it's enough even if you find a way to make this class fit at least two races per faction lore wise.

And adding agi plate that only one class, a NEW class, could use would just be silly. If they were added just going mail would be better. And then they'd just strike me as rogues in mail instead of rogues in plate.
    Last edited by Florena; 2013-09-01 at 06:02 PM.

I think blizzard should just add prestige classes off of current classes and do nothing to the prestige classes but change the name, and change a couple class restrictions. Class problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Deleted
    'Vengeance' imo is not enough of a theme to build a class on. And the avatar move is an interesting spell, but not enough to build a class on either. Looking at the warden they seem to mostly use rogue type moves but in plate armor. I just don't think it's enough even if you find a way to make this class fit at least two races per faction lore wise.
    again, we hit the same eternal debate about what makes classes unique. To me, if the class mechanic, background and lore is different than it is worth a place in wow. And this class's mechanics are very much different than a rogues.

And adding agi plate that only one class, a NEW class, could use would just be silly. If they were added just going mail would be better. And then they'd just strike me as rogues in mail instead of rogues in plate.
    I would not make that rookie mistake, again =P. If u checked right though, you will see that this class uses strength--> which alternatively converts into the same stats granted by agility.

again, we hit the same eternal debate about what makes classes unique. To me, if the class mechanic, background and lore is different than it is worth a place in wow. And this class's mechanics are very much different than a rogues.

I would not make that rookie mistake, again =P. If u checked right though, you will see that this class uses strength--> which alternatively converts into the same stats granted by agility.
    That's the thing though. The vengeance spell in wc 3 is interesting, but the rest of their abilities seem to be very well incorporated by rogues and to an extent hunters already. (Maiev was a warden and used traps in the illidan fight as an example, they have a couple of 'throwing knife' abilities covered by rogues.) There's also the fact of them being more law enforcement. Enforcing WHOs laws exactly? Only one race uses them and I don't see the wardens spreading to any other race and being used in the same manner.

I don't think their lore is widespread enough. Being a warden isn't just about the fighting style, it wouldn't work as well IMO to have night elves teaching other races to be wardens int he same way panderen teach the monk fighting style to others.

Deleted
    That's the thing though. The vengeance spell in wc 3 is interesting, but the rest of their abilities seem to be very well incorporated by rogues and to an extent hunters already. (Maiev was a warden and used traps in the illidan fight as an example, they have a couple of 'throwing knife' abilities covered by rogues.) There's also the fact of them being more law enforcement. Enforcing WHOs laws exactly? Only one race uses them and I don't see the wardens spreading to any other race and being used in the same manner.
    I really enjoy Reading your comments but you seem to not give the benefit of belief that I can create a class with enough unique content, in this case, the vengeance aspect of the Warden. You should check out the abilities and see at least, that is all I ask.
    The Warden could enforce any order you can think of: religious, social or racial. All of these can be explored by Blizzard to help the Warden become an interesting enough class to play. Also, Wardens as a law enforcer sort of character already exist in other races like the gnolls and taurins, although obviously not in the same fashion as the nelven ones.

I don't think their lore is widespread enough. Being a warden isn't just about the fighting style, it wouldn't work as well IMO to have night elves teaching other races to be wardens int he same way panderen teach the monk fighting style to others.
    honestly, I see a window of opportunity to create an interesting plot involving the nelves and their Wardens' exodus into other races. Its up to Blizzard to that though =)
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-09-09 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    Hello ervryone out there =)

Just wanted to leave the new updated version of the Warden that I know many of you were waiting for haha
    Very fast because I want to go to sleep, the main changes were done on the mechanics so as to represent well the sort of fighting style of Maiev Shadowsong.

hope u enjoy the read!

as usual, you are trying WAY too hard Don. part of WoW's guiding mentality is 'easy to learn, difficult to master' just about every single damned class you've invented over the years grinds directly against that.

don't get me wrong, the ideas are not bad, but this is WoW not D&D.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    as usual, you are trying WAY too hard Don. part of WoW's guiding mentality is 'easy to learn, difficult to master' just about every single damned class you've invented over the years grinds directly against that.

don't get me wrong, the ideas are not bad, but this is WoW not D&D.
    LOL I think its funny you said "damned". You must be really pissed off with my concepts =P. Anyway, I think I am not trying too hard, its just that its a hard thing to do, to come up with a dynamic, fun, unique, new class.
    I do think I am keeping up with the "easy to learn,difficult to master" concept, even if you might disagree. lets take this class then as a tester.
    Wardens are meant to be Enforcers which is to say that they are a class that thrives when the enemy doesnt pay close attention to what the Warden is doing and/or doesn't adapt to the Warden's fight style. If you play a Warden, you would feel that you are bringing the sense of order into battle and ridding your allies from the most annoying foes while punishing them for being too slow to react or not performing their task well. Something like this anyway =P. How you ask? just read this description:

You are playing as a melee dps. What is your general rotation?
    1-you try to complete shadow chains without getting interrupted or missing the target so that you can hit for full damage;
    2-If your purpose is to do damage to mobs than you need to keep your target alive long enough for the Sentence Charges that you placed are activated or your dps will suck.
    What are your strong points?
    1- you have good armor which allows you to suffer damage long enough for you to do your job.
    2- you have very good burst damage
    3- you have an advantage against fast resource regenerating and light armored enemies with your Anguish debuff.
    4- you can stealth and ambush opponents.
    What are your weak points?
    1-you can be cc, breaking your shadow chain and making you lose all your resource.
    2-your dodge chance is not good enough to avoid spells so you might get in trouble against a resourceful spell caster.

You are playing as the ranged dps, what is your rotation?
    1-You need to place your Psionic Traps where you think the enemies are going to make their escape from.
    2- You then need to find the best place to fight where you can still reach enemies from afar but not come too close to the thick of battle.
    3- This where you can now start to employ your interrupts and your runes, doing massive cc on the battlefield while still delivering good and steady dps
    what are your strong points?
    1-your amazing cc
    2-your high mobility
    3-your heavy armor
    4-your ranged attacks, stealth and cc are a powerful match against classes like the rogue or the hunter.
    what are your weak points?
    1-your rune resource can hinder your assault if you focus only on one rune
    2-if you position yourself in the wrong place, you become an easy prey for cc as you have close to none cc breaking abilities.

You are playing as the tank spec, what is your rotation?
    1- get critical hits to get evasion charges, to get get extra damage mitigation skills
    2-try and kill your enemies to create a lightspawn to help you fight and keep aggro.
    what are your strong points?
    1-your cc and stealth are good to control the mobs when things go wrong
    2- you can come back to life after dying and even perform better in your Avatar form
    what are your weak points?
    1-you might need to refrain from killing an enemy just to recharge your Focus with Sentence Charges which can be punishing on your armor.

This all seems pretty straight forward for a beginner to learn. Just follow these basic manual and enjoy XD. However to master this class there are other subtle dynamics to learn ofc but those I will not reveal here
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-12-01 at 02:08 PM.

New teriz inc

odd thing is i was thinking of a class with warden as its tank spec.

it was called Watcher
    Warden=tank spec
    Silent shadow=range dps spec
    shadow striker=melee dps spec
    Medic=heals.

i really should do further into this then post the idea
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    odd thing is i was thinking of a class with warden as its tank spec.

it was called Watcher
    Warden=tank spec
    Silent shadow=range dps spec
    shadow striker=melee dps spec
    Medic=heals.

i really should do further into this then post the idea
    =) Well I hope i got the first three specs right! To me, this is the best way to implemet Wardens in game. Not saying it is the only, but just the best =P.
    i think you should post ur idea as well, if only to share and I will definitely comment on it .

=) Well I hope i got the first three specs right! To me, this is the best way to implemet Wardens in game. Not saying it is the only, but just the best =P.
    i think you should post ur idea as well, if only to share and I will definitely comment on it .
    yeah. i should probably will in a few hours. need to wake up alittle more.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor