Poll: Would you like to play this class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Warden- New Class Idea

Hi Guys! Forgot about me already? Well I'm still around and I bring you this time the:

WARDEN

INTRO:
    "Wardens serve as a kind of law enforcement for several races in Azeroth. They keep members of their race in line, or are employed as guards, assassins, and bounty hunters". "They are night elf only, but it is conceivable that a night elf could teach the skills of a warden to a member of another race, but so far as anyone knows, this has never been done. All current wardens are members of the Alliance, though it is possible that a warden might break from the Alliance after learning her abilities. Night elves certainly don't train wardens who are not loyal to them"- from wowwiki

Traits:
    No fear: the warden is immune to fear effects. Cooldown 20 sec.
    Blind justice: Gives the warden the ability to see other players without their transmog-toggle

Armor: Plate with strength
    Weapons: Chakram(Moon Sword)/ dagger/ one handed sword/ one-handed axe/ War Glaive

Races: night elf, blood elf, orc, gnome, worgen, goblin

MAIN RESOURCE: Focus

SPECIAL RESOURCES
    tank spec: Evasion Charges
    All the Warden’s abilities have a chance based on dodge (if a defensive ability)/critical chance (if an offensive ability) to generate 1 Evasion Charge. The Warden can have up to 5 charges at one time and can activate them to nullify the next attack done against him by 25% of the Warden’s current health.

ranged dps: Rune Scroll
    This spec has a minimum range of 10 yd. at which it can use auto-attacks and other abilities. Its secondary resource consists of a collection of 3 different types of runes spread over 6 runes in total, making it 2 of each. Just like Burning Embers from destruction warlocks, this resource is decayed over time when out of battle but it is generated over time as well, when in battle. It’s generation speed depends on spirit and unlike Burning Embers, critical hits or attacks do not speed its generation up.
    In conclusion, the first type of runes is the Ranged. Some ranged abilities will require it. The second type is the Stealth rune. Some abilities that will place on stealth will require this one. The third type of runes is the Kinetic. This spec has access to some special kinetic skills which will require these runes.

melee dps: Shadow Chain
    Shadow Chain is a unique core mechanic that allows the Warden to string together a series of melee abilities into devastating combos that end with an enhanced version of a magic spell. Some abilities have the potential to begin Shadow Chain, but only Opening Strike can initiate Shadow Chain every time. Other melee abilities require a precondition before Shadow Chain initiates. For example, to initiate Shadow Chain with Rift Star you have to hit at least 4 targets at one time. Once Shadow Chain is initiated, the player’s ability bar with light up, showcasing which melee attacks they can use next in the chain. The furthest a chain can go is 4 melee abilities and a finishing move.

Shadow Chain’s stacks decrease the casting time of your attacking abilities by 25% per stack. At the end of the chain, select non-melee abilities will be transformed into more powerful versions of your spells. When you perform the finishing move, you transform into an Avatar of Vengeance to correspond with the enhanced ability.

SPECS

1Peacekeeper: As a defender of order and peace, it is a Peacekeeper’s job to protect and serve his community the best he can. He does so by carrying his Moon Blade and swiftly end an arising problem or carrying out ancient and wise codes of conduct that help him smother off discontent. But there is an immense power that has been given to him, the power of vengeance. And there comes a time when for a Peacekeeper, the chains that restrain his power are shattered and Vengeance takes over. When that happens, the Warden is merely a weapon of order. In combat, this tank spec is keen on cc but as a problem in keeping agro without a Spirit of Vengeance active. It is also not very resistant to magic but has a very reliable defense against melee and ranged attacks thanks to his high dodge and plate armor.

2Rift Runner: The Rift Runner is a lethal predator. His mission is to take the fight to the enemies in a terrifying way so that they don’t know where to turn to if they find themselves alone. Rift Runners are an elite sector of the Warden that does not wait for provocation as other’s do. Its only purpose is to cull all those who rise against his order. The Rift Runner brings with him sharp blades and shadows that enforce the will of Vengeance upon his enemies. This spec is especially good against light armored foes because of its heavy armor and fast attacks. However, a good cc can easily put an end to the rampant attacks of the Rift Runner.

3Templar Harbinger: The Templar Harbinger came to their calling by a path of curious inquiry. Possessed of a scientific bent, they spent years engaged in meticulous study of nature's laws--peering into grimoires of magic and alchemy and recreating experiments from charred fragments of the Warden Archives. Already quiet and secretive by nature, the difficulty of acquiring these objects further reinforced their skills of stealth. As they devoted their furtive talents to unlocking the secrets of the universe, they instead unlocked a secret door that exists in nature itself: the entryway to the most Hidden Temple. They then swore to protect the mysteries. This spec has very good cc and is very mobile but has a limited resource that can leave him open to attackers.

ABILITY TABLES:

MELEE DPS

RANGED DPS

TANK

TALENTS:
    Search for "xikfreits" as author

GAMEPLAY

When playing a Warden, prudence is always a good ally, even with Vengeance by your side. A Warden has many attributes, but it does not respond well to miscalculated abilities when fighting multiple opponents. It so happens that even though shielded by powerful plate armor and agile movements, the Wardens effectiveness can only go so far as his hit rate, which is very limited compared to other plate classes and leather classes. The Warden needs to trust his critical strikes to make short work of his enemies, which is the main AP stat booster as his armor lacks attack power burst due to the use of strength. Another thing to have in big consideration, if only when fighting multiple enemies, is the hit rate at which you place Sentence Charges on your foes and keeping your primary target alive long enough for these to be activated.

Credits: I have to end a special credit to Teriz for providing the original concept of the Shadow Chain resource in his maledict Demon Hunter =P. However I salvaged this idea from it and gave it a new use. Thanks =)
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-11-30 at 09:08 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    interesting. I like the storyline thus far-cant wait for more!

Just a couple comments.
    Warden is an agility user.

Templar assassin. lol

Warden never used runes.

A class exclusive to the sentinels wouldnt be horde or any other race besides night elves.

If were going to see anything like wardens, it's going to be rogues gaining more warden-type abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Armor: Plate with strength
    Weapons: Chakram(Moon Sword)/ dagger/ one handed sword
    Any new class should be using mail. Also, new weapon types would not work overly well, so I'd suggest just one-handed swords/axes, and daggers.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

No offense, but I saw the thread title and first thing I thought was one of the abilities was going to be scanning people's pc's for illegal bot programs :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Just a couple comments.

Templar assassin. lol

Warden never used runes.

A class exclusive to the sentinels wouldnt be horde or any other race besides night elves.

If were going to see anything like wardens, it's going to be rogues gaining more warden-type abilities.
    The same could be said about Paladins and we all know how that was written into lore for the blood elves and even taurens. I do have to say that if wardens actually became a playable class they MUST be agi mail users more consistant with their attacks and actions within the lore. Would help also balance out the agi mail that only 1 class and 1 class/spec can use. I do not like the entire tank spec they would recieve but would favor a lot more a range spec, melee spec and a possible heal spec. That would enable blizzard to have another class to soak the mail spirit gear.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MORE PLATE STRENGTH USERS.
    no no no nononononononononononoonnonono
    nice idea, but NO. it do not fit.

both factions needs to be able to play the class, and i'd rather not have blizzard mess around with the lore AGAIN just to let horde be able to play one..

"Blind justice: Gives the warden the ability to see other players without their transmog-toggle" explain.

but again no. no no no no no.

reason?
    New class= Mail + Ranged wepaons = why?
    Currently we have hunters, who uses Mail and shamans, but only HUNTERS uses bows/guns/xbow.
    done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    interesting. I like the storyline thus far-cant wait for more!
    Meanwhile, you can check my other class threads

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Just a couple comments.

Templar assassin. lol

Warden never used runes.

I know that you are coming out with the warden from WC3 reference, but I don't see how making it be strenght would affect anything. The resource generation will not be affected which makes the use of Focus as a resource more akin to a fast paced class. And not to mention there is a very low chance of Blizzard making agility plate.
    Templar assassin I based it(honestly) in the Dota hero, I have no shame on that =P.
    DKs never used runes either.
    If you see in the intro that I quoted from wowwiki, there is nothing preventing a night elf warden to have taught the wardens' way of battle to other races so this is a moot point.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    Any new class should be using mail. Also, new weapon types would not work overly well, so I'd suggest just one-handed swords/axes, and daggers.
    I see your point on the new class wearing mail. That's why I made the demon hunter, tinker and dragonsworn class threads . But also I think I could come up with a solution for giving Wardens the Chakrams, like I did with the wrglaives for demonhunters and scythes for necromancers.
    But thanx for the heads up

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No offense, but I saw the thread title and first thing I thought was one of the abilities was going to be scanning people's pc's for illegal bot programs :P
    lol XD nice try =P

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    The same could be said about Paladins and we all know how that was written into lore for the blood elves and even taurens. I do have to say that if wardens actually became a playable class they MUST be agi mail users more consistant with their attacks and actions within the lore. Would help also balance out the agi mail that only 1 class and 1 class/spec can use. I do not like the entire tank spec they would recieve but would favor a lot more a range spec, melee spec and a possible heal spec. That would enable blizzard to have another class to soak the mail spirit gear.
    Agree with everything =). But now hear me out. What if there was already other new classes that would come and fill the agi gear gap?

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MORE PLATE STRENGTH USERS.
    no no no nononononononononononoonnonono
    nice idea, but NO. it do not fit.

both factions needs to be able to play the class, and i'd rather not have blizzard mess around with the lore AGAIN just to let horde be able to play one..

"Blind justice: Gives the warden the ability to see other players without their transmog-toggle" explain.

but again no. no no no no no.

reason?
    New class= Mail + Ranged wepaons = why?
    Currently we have hunters, who uses Mail and shamans, but only HUNTERS uses bows/guns/xbow.
    done.
    If you read in wowwiki, there is literally nothing preventing wardens to be from other classes. In fact, there are various types of wardens in wow and in many different racial societies.
    The blind justice skill is just a trivial ability to make wardens more fun =)
    "The new class must be agi and ranged" explanation is on my posts above m8
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-06-30 at 08:05 PM.

Not a bad premise and cool looking artwork -- some of your details and ideas need some refining though. Primarily, not another Plate + STR armor user. Plate + Int for spellpower moves, maybe. But like some of the others said, Mail would probably make the most sense since there are 3 Plate wearers already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Not a bad premise and cool looking artwork -- some of your details and ideas need some refining though. Primarily, not another Plate + STR armor user. Plate + Int for spellpower moves, maybe. But like some of the others said, Mail would probably make the most sense since there are 3 Plate wearers already.
    This is far from the final concept don't forget that =P.

But as I said many times before, the mail problem isn't really real(pardon the pun) because in my mind, I am counting on a demon hunter/dragonsworn/tinker classes to make up for that. Check my sig m8.

Deleted
    No fear: the warden is immune to fear effects. Cooldown 20 sec.
    Blind justice: Gives the warden the ability to see other players without their transmog-toggle
    No to any of this.

I agree with the thoughts of it being mail agility aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    No to any of this.

I agree with the thoughts of it being mail agility aswell.
    Lol why =)?

Lol why =)?
    Wardens aren't heavily armored fighters who rely on strength.
    They wear decently light/medium armor (with some plates for extra protection) and are completely about being quick and agile.

Also it seems like you've just taken specs from other classes--Guardian tanking, DK rune system, Monk Combo system--and combined them into a "new" class.

The same could be said about Paladins and we all know how that was written into lore for the blood elves and even taurens.
    These are two differen't situations.
    Anyone can use the light if they are accepted by it, or bend it to their will like the blood elves did.

Being a warden isn't just a matter of being stealthy, evasive, and quick--That's being a rogue.
    A warden is a high trained member of a specific section of the Night Elven sentinel forces. It makes absolutely no sense for anyone other than night elves.

It would be like trying to make a Kor'kron class for other Horde races and the Alliance.
    Or like trying to make a Death Guard class for races other than the Forsaken.

As a I fan of Maiev I support this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Wardens aren't heavily armored fighters who rely on strength.
    They wear decently light/medium armor (with some plates for extra protection) and are completely about being quick and agile.
    I disagree. where is the source for your statement? I know they are quick and agile, that is not the question, but never have I seen a Warden that looked like wearing mail or leather lol.

Also it seems like you've just taken specs from other classes--Guardian tanking, DK rune system, Monk Combo system--and combined them into a "new" class.
    guardian tanking is about dodge, true. But warden tanking is about dodge+evasion charges which is a diferent approach in itself because they are activated abilities not passive. ALso the dynamic between the dodges and the way you gain Evasion Charges is different because you rely on dodging to then reduce damage while the guardian druid can do both at the same time.

I do admit that the TA rune system is very similar to the DK. All I can say is that I am still working on it .

I don't see how the monk combo system has anything to do with the Shadow Chain system though...

These are two differen't situations.
    Anyone can use the light if they are accepted by it, or bend it to their will like the blood elves did.

Being a warden isn't just a matter of being stealthy, evasive, and quick--That's being a rogue.
    A warden is a high trained member of a specific section of the Night Elven sentinel forces. It makes absolutely no sense for anyone other than night elves.

It would be like trying to make a Kor'kron class for other Horde races and the Alliance.
    Or like trying to make a Death Guard class for races other than the Forsaken.[/QUOTE]

This isn't how I imagined it. I thought more of a mix of Monk, Paladin and Druid. Having the DPS Peacekeeper who wields a staff/two-handed mace, the TANK Prison Guard, who wields a Shield and mace, the Healer "Earth Warden", who protects animals and such(similar to druids)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    As a I fan of Maiev I support this.
    any suggestions are welcome my friend =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acepox View Post
    This isn't how I imagined it. I thought more of a mix of Monk, Paladin and Druid. Having the DPS Peacekeeper who wields a staff/two-handed mace, the TANK Prison Guard, who wields a Shield and mace, the Healer "Earth Warden", who protects animals and such(similar to druids)
    I'm not sure I understood what u meant here friend =). Are u saying that u imagined something before seeing this and than after seeing it you still feel like it should be how you previously imagined it OR are u saying that u thought it would be like how u imagined but u got positively surprised?

Anyway, here are some updates:

Warden's Talent Tree added;
    Battlemage's overpoweredeness nerfed overall;
    Invoker's Glass Spheroid reworked to be a mobile resource generation buffer

Hope you enjoy the read and support

Some of this sounds interesting but blind justice has got to be one of the most useless traits in the world. At most it would be an ok minor glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Some of this sounds interesting but blind justice has got to be one of the most useless traits in the world. At most it would be an ok minor glyph.
    Agree with this. And from a technical standpoint probably not worth the coding time.