Poll: X-pack with best looking tier sets

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which expansion overall had the best looking tier sets?

My personal favorites were from WotLK, warlock and hunter tier 8 and dk tier 10 specifically. Also TBC had very good ones too. Cata sets felt slightly bland in comparison.
    Yes I know tier 16 hasn't fully been revealed but I still decided to put MoP there.

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK. I loved the tier 3 recreation for tier 7. Tier 8 is one of the best tiers around in my opinion. Tier 9 was a novel idea (faction specific) but dropped the ball by sharing textures but swapping skins. Tier 10 was very good as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally loved wotlk. I really enjoyed the entire undead look

TBC for me... Pretty much all of the Tier 6 sets were amazing, and most of the Tier 5 were pretty sick too.

Depends on the class.
    TBC was a fairly bad expansion if you were a DK >.> for DK WotK was good as have been most of their tier sets (I particularly like t12 firelands non-heroic on my fem nelf it looks angelic).

EDIT: I'm a bit biased because I play a priest and our tiers have been fairly terrible since TBC imo. Priest AKA thank god for transmog because our tier gear usually sucks (personal preference but if you like the bells on your shoulder look then priest is the class for you!).

EDIT: Or is it candles? Pretty sure it's candles... (leftovers from Prayer of Fortitude so they turned them into a tier set).
    Last edited by Sazabius; 2013-06-30 at 03:39 PM.

For me, there are major standout sets from each expansion, so it's really hard to choose. I picked Cataclysm for the Priest Tier 13 set, Shaman Tier 11, and Hunter Tier 12.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Honestly, I think it varies a lot. Each expansion has their stand-out sets for differing classes, while some just kind of blend into the background or aren't that impressive. That said, overall I think the sets tend to look fairly good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    For me, there are major standout sets from each expansion, so it's really hard to choose. I picked Cataclysm for the Priest Tier 13 set, Shaman Tier 11, and Hunter Tier 12.
    OMG GRIFFTER HI I LOVE YOUR VIDEOS. <3

EDIT: I picked Vanilla for the Dreadnought set. It is honestly the greatest warrior set in the game to me, and I'm still upset they haven't made a Replica set for it. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Sazabius View Post
    Depends on the class.
    TBC was a fairly bad expansion if you were a DK >.>
    Yea, DKs were excluded....from the game... lol

WotLK had some horrible tier sets TotC /shudder

I loveddddddddddddddddd almost all of T5 and ALL of T6 in BC they were so badass. You could tell how progressed a player was back then by the gear they wore... i miss those days. I was a lock in T5 starting to get into T6 I use to envy locks with the T6 look. I loved seeing pallys also. Now its world of color scheme and recycledcraft the xmog thing just goes to show they cannot build sets they are as meaningful to players these days.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC, especially the tier 5 ones, I've dound myself going to TK/BT on most of my classes to get my tier 5's.

Burning Crusade, hands down.

T4 and T6 for paladin, T5 recolor for paladin was good, but only a few pieces were done sadly. It should have been the tier set.
    T4 and T5 for hunter (T5 on females looked good, on my NE here the shoulders were too enormous)
    T5 for druids was cool
    T4 and T5 for mages
    T4, T5, T6 for priests
    I liked T6 for rogues mostly
    T5 and T6 for shaman
    T5 for warlocks, somewhat T4 too
    I liked all of warrior to some extent

Then the PvP recolors of them were awesome as well.

As a whole, no other expansion has had the most good sets for the most classes in my opinion.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK, but with TBC as a very close second. Almost like a 1A & 1B with the others falling way behind. Actually just went back to my t10 xmog for my rogue yesterday

BC, but I love high fantasy shiny over the top armor...

I mostly play only druid and TBC has by far the best druid sets.

I think it also depends on which race you play which armor sets look best. There are a lot I can't see on anyone than an orc, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC IMO. Every class had at least one jaw-dropping set.

Deleted
    TBC by far. As proof I can actually remember how almost each set looks. Can't do the rest for any other expansion (well except vanilla, but the sets weren't that good except a few gems)

The one reason that makes druid tiers in BC so good is that Blizzard didn't design the tiers base on raids theme or xpac theme but the class theme itself. The tiers that have been designed base on class theme are mostly succesful for all classes imo. When they design it base on raids of xpac themes then they are mostly lame like Paladin T5 and many of MoP tiers for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too hard to call between TBC and Wrath, but they definitely have got worse since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    i play a warlock. so burning crusade hands down.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P