10+ Year Old Account

RIFT and the 40player/NPC view limit

Back when I previously played, there was a 40 player/NPC view limit. Meaning you could only load up to 40 players or NPCs at once. This causes plenty of problems on PvP realms. Was this issue ever resolved or is it still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Back when I previously played, there was a 40 player/NPC view limit. Meaning you could only load up to 40 players or NPCs at once. This causes plenty of problems on PvP realms. Was this issue ever resolved or is it still there?
    You can adjust this in the video settings iirc though I forget which setting it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    You can adjust this in the video settings iirc though I forget which setting it is.
    So, what's the current limitation? There's gotta be some cap if there's a slider.

Deleted
    Why does knowing the cap matter exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if the cap is still low such as forty... I'm obviously not going to return if I can't see NPCs or a player trying to kill me?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Because if the cap is still low such as forty... I'm obviously not going to return if I can't see NPCs or a player trying to kill me?
    The slider could easily just be:

40 --- 60 --- 80 --- 100 --- 150 --- 200 --- 300 --- ALL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    to clear up some misconceptions, there may indeed be a limit but there's no way its as low as 40 (looking at my experiences with volan, conquest, and multiraid GHRS as an example).

Also, there is no option to change this in video settings in any way shape or form however you can bind a key to 'hide all other players' which i assume is primarily for the taking of screenshots
    edited sig because wow that was out of date

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for conflicting information <.>