Deleted

Nibbleh bug. Brawler's Guild

So upon kiting Nibbleh around corners, it sometimes bugs out and gets the +500% damage buff without him actually visually touching his own trail.
    I was wondering if this issue is known, and what could be done to fix it, from a 'hotfix' point of view.

I was thinking about a smaller hitbox on Nibbleh,
    or making Nibbleh more responsive to the player's movement. (i.e mirroring exactly what the player does)

(and please don't come up with 'lal kite bettr' kthnx)

10+ Year Old Account
    lal kite bettr kthx

But seriously, OT: I have been having this same problem. And it has such a small hitbox for melee that its ridiculous to fucking hit it without hugging...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bug. Going around a corner is slightly slower then backpeddling in a straight line, and if you turn to fast he'll end up sitting in his own trail he's making.
    You may not want to hear it, but it's a "Kite him better" issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    lal kite bettr kthx

But seriously, OT: I have been having this same problem. And it has such a small hitbox for melee that its ridiculous to fucking hit it without hugging...
    So you'd suggested a larger hitbox? This could give issues with the trail though

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    A larger hitbox would make it very awkward to move the boss, but as it is, it is far too small for melee to hit effectively.

A better solution would be to change the mechanic to move at the player, similar to say the snails in ToT.

Deleted
    I have the same problem!

Please fix it BLIZZARD!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twansition View Post
    A larger hitbox would make it very awkward to move the boss, but as it is, it is far too small for melee to hit effectively.

A better solution would be to change the mechanic to move at the player, similar to say the snails in ToT.
    Where in ToT is this? I'd like to look it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Toggle on walk.
    Backpeddle around room.
    Turn off walk at corners and make sure to not turn him to quickly.
    Turn walk back on in straightaways.
    Win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Toggle on walk.
    Backpeddle around room.
    Turn off walk at corners and make sure to not turn him to quickly.
    Turn walk back on in straightaways.
    Win
    I'll have to try this, cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassdrop View Post
    I'll have to try this, cheers!
    Good luck! It helped me immensely, I end up getting him in 2 tries after.
    Just have to get a little lucky RNG wise so he doesn't put a spit puddle right in your kiting path.

Deleted
    I managed to down him eventually, but had the same issue. I did try strafing round corners, but he would sometimes seem like he was getting stuck, and I was getting a long way from him, he wasn't moving, getting the buff then murderising me. Being alliance, I also encountered him 'clipping' the bolt-like things coming out of the arena walls and getting stuck in his poison.
    I would have thought that a movement system kind of similar to the Kara chess event would be cool. Possibly with an Up-down-left-right set of extra action buttons. Probably a bit fiddly, but would solve all the lame buggy-ness.

I thought he was doing this, too, when I started my attempts on him standing in front of him and backpedaling ... fortunately for me, however, I am ranged and switched to starting on the far corner on the same side he was on, then just moving corner to corner, and he never did it again. Turning off run and backpedaling was too slow for me since I have my 30% self-snare with KJC, and leaving run on and backpedaling was not really much diff than what I wound up doing for the kill.

Just take it a bit faster around those corners
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixidron View Post
    I managed to down him eventually, but had the same issue. I did try strafing round corners, but he would sometimes seem like he was getting stuck, and I was getting a long way from him, he wasn't moving, getting the buff then murderising me. Being alliance, I also encountered him 'clipping' the bolt-like things coming out of the arena walls and getting stuck in his poison.
    I would have thought that a movement system kind of similar to the Kara chess event would be cool. Possibly with an Up-down-left-right set of extra action buttons. Probably a bit fiddly, but would solve all the lame buggy-ness.
    This is a great idea! Would make up for the movement-issue for sure. Does make it a bit gimmicky

After so many wipes i killed it and its not a bug, you need to round turn him ( U shape, not sharp V shape).
    I'm really enrage of ppl who lack the spirit to keep trying and instead QQ on forum and blame everything.
    You know why i'm going serk? because blizzard eventually nerf those bosses, make them less unique, and above all- put in shadow the ppl who killed it and there are quite.
    I bite the dust beating Brawler's it wasn't easy for me, i'm not a hardcore raider with ilvl 528( 600 cape and normal gear).

I don't want to pour salt on your wounds so i'll leave a tip from me:
    Toggle run, you'll walk backward slower, in addition i turn on keypad on help and auto backwalked.
    It was REALLY hard to do it due the fact i had to channel army at the start, but once i managed all pieces of the puzzle attached together.

Today i manage to beat Mingus as well. I keybashed so hard it was insane.......
    here's my profile, im not even top noching at CM, having really bad times.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...helad/advanced
    Last edited by Jackkernaut; 2013-06-30 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    After so many wipes i killed it and its not a bug, you need to round turn him ( U shape, not sharp V shape).
    I'm really enrage of ppl who lack the spirit to keep trying and instead QQ on forum and blame everything.
    You know why i'm going serk? because blizzard eventually nerf those bosses, make them less unique, and above all- put in shadow the ppl who killed it and there are quite.
    I bite the dust beating Brawler's it wasn't easy for me, i'm not a hardcore raider with ilvl 528( 600 cape and normal gear).

I don't want to pour salt on your wounds so i'll leave a tip from me:
    Toggle run, you'll walk backward slower, in addition i turn on keypad on help and auto backwalked.
    It was REALLY hard to do it due the fact i had to channel army at the start, but once i managed all pieces of the puzzle attached together.

Today i manage to beat Mingus as well. I keybashed so hard it was insane.......
    here's my profile, im not even top noching at CM, having really bad times.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...helad/advanced
    Let me state that this is NOT a QQ thread. I'm aware it has been beaten. And although I haven't beaten the fight myself, if have wiped on enrage using the same tactics as always. Some of the tries I had though this 'bug' seemed to happen. It is not my intention to have the fight nerfed in any way, but if this truly is a bug, i'd like to see it fixed. Just to make the fight itself less of an annoyance.

Also I wanted to get people's feedback on the matter, see if we could come up with a solution that would fix the possibility if this happening again, but still keeping the fight and its difficulty uncompromised.

As stated above, some people think it's a bug, some don't. So there is no final say in this.
    When i've gathered a bit more feedback I will ticket this, to see if blizzard can do anything with the feedback given by their community.

TL;DR: I don't want it nerfed, I want it fixed if it's a bug. And your feedback can help with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to a smooth, gradual curve around corners rather than an instant 90 degree turn.