Good place to sell a computer?

Hi,

I have a computer I'm trying to sell but I'm having a hard time moving it. Is there any computer related website with a b/s/t section? Just need to get rid of this thing to pay college tuition. I would try ebay but they would rape me in fees. (10% of the sale up to $250 I believe).

Thanks,
    Vamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Craigslist, pretty much. Or part it out and sell the parts on ebay.

What kind of system are you selling? Sometimes you might just have it priced too high.

My brother in San Francisco was trying to sell an i7-920, 12gb ram, 2TB HD, Geforce 295, windows.. And apparently has had no bites in 5 months for $350. He's trying to just trade the entire thing for a PS3 now >.<
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Hi,

I have a computer I'm trying to sell but I'm having a hard time moving it. Is there any computer related website with a b/s/t section? Just need to get rid of this thing to pay college tuition. I would try ebay but they would rape me in fees. (10% of the sale up to $250 I believe).

Thanks,
    Vamp
    Craigslist is usually the best place to offload a comp. You can get more there than selling it pretty much anywhere else if your lucky.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

You could try anantech forums. Are you willing to part it out or just sell it complete?

I'd prefer to sell complete. The system is fairly expensive.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero LGA1150
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k
    Video Card: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked with ACX Cooler
    Cooler: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full ATX
    Memory: 32 gig Corsair Vengeance
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA III 7200 RPM
    Solid State Drive: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128 gig SSD
    Blu-Ray Drive: LG Electronics 14x Internal BDXL Blu-Ray Burner/Rewriter
    Power Supply: Corsair Professional Series HX850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold
    Operating System: Windows 7

I'd like to not lose very much on the deal. Do you think I would make better selling it parted out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, you're going to lose a fair bit on it, simply because there are so many unnecessarily expensive parts. I imagine you probably spent about two grand on it, when it's about $1200 worth of performance at best. And that's assuming new. Just like cars, computers lose a fairly significant chunk of value the moment you turn it on.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

It's pretty much brand new too. I have had 2 offers for $2000 but I don't know if I should take them or not. It cost me around $2300 to build. I just need money for tuition!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've had two offers for two grand, and spend 2300, I would jump on those offers immediately. Like, today.

US$2K for something that is used and cost you 2.3K to build?
    That's an amazing deal. For you.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Was about to PM you an offer for that and then found out you were really lucky and got $2,000 offers. Can't compete with that even though a used system like that would probably go for a couple hundred bucks below that. Jump on those offers like others have said!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Craigslist, pretty much. Or part it out and sell the parts on ebay.

What kind of system are you selling? Sometimes you might just have it priced too high.

My brother in San Francisco was trying to sell an i7-920, 12gb ram, 2TB HD, Geforce 295, windows.. And apparently has had no bites in 5 months for $350. He's trying to just trade the entire thing for a PS3 now >.<
    i just sold an almost identical system, it had a 280 gtx in it though for 600 muhahaha

edit: actually im lying, i swapped in a 570
    Last edited by Maruka; 2013-06-30 at 11:27 PM.