Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Monster - Vrykul, Sword - obtainable?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=45926/mo...lduar#comments

What is this from in Ulduar? Is there another item with same model for transmogrification? Cant seem to find a lot of details online =/

Deleted
    The link clearly says it's not available to players..

Deleted
    It's a sword used by some of the mobs in the instance. The Twilight Cult trash if I recall. It clearly says on the page you've linked that:

"This item is not available to players"

Doesn't look like any sword I recognize from Uld. It might be one of those weapons that isn't available to players.

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.

Just another casualty of awesome item models that never made it in game.

The mantid trash before Galaron also wields these weapons. I too wish this sword was available to players.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's name alone defines what its purpose is: monster sword, 2H, for vrykul.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45926/mo...lduar#comments

What is this from in Ulduar? Is there another item with same model for transmogrification? Cant seem to find a lot of details online =/
    The name quite clearly identifies this as a mob weapon. If there was another with the same model, it would be listed in the same model tab.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were weapon models put in for Ulduar (and a lot of other raids and dungeons for that matter) that were never used for anything other than NPCs. In this case, instead of this kick ass weapon, we got those weird 2 hand swords that flair in the middle.

SURE, they would have made complete sense to be included in Throne of Thunder, but... sadly, no. And because Blizzard seems resigned to include the SAME rehashed "sets" of armor and weapon models for Raids, dungeons, and quests... I'm not too "hopeful" of ever seeing this, or weapons like it, ever make it into the game.

Here's the blue version of the sword that never made it into the game:

Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-06-30 at 09:41 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Some of monsters weapon look actually much better than those for players. :-/

I wonder why it was added with Ulduar... those runes on the blade are the same same runes on the frozen throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I wonder why it was added with Ulduar... those runes on the blade are the same same runes on the frozen throne.
    I think blizzard is just lazy with their rune design.

Besides, the glowing part in the middle of the sword is actually a lightning filament that crackles... It's Thorim-esque, I suppose.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

When I see things like this I have to wonder who on the dev team was drunk or high enough not to allow this in as a player item.

Doesn't seem to be obtainable, which is a shame looks pretty amazing.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Closest thing would be the Dreadlord's Blade off of Mal'Ganis in CoT: Strat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Closest thing would be the Dreadlord's Blade off of Mal'Ganis in CoT: Strat
    Nothing better than the viking ship on a stick.

Anyway, a lot of cool things, whether they be weapon models or tier set colors, get forever interred within the game files.

I think these could stand pointing out:

Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nothing better than the viking ship on a stick.

Anyway, a lot of cool things, whether they be weapon models or tier set colors, get forever interred within the game files.

I think these could stand pointing out:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/S7YGa1F.jpg[/IG]
    They SHOULD have used that Blue model of the DK Firelands set because it LOOKS LIKE a Frostwyrm, like intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    They SHOULD have used that Blue model of the DK Firelands set because it LOOKS LIKE a Frostwyrm, like intended.
    I always thought it was supposed to be an imp... not exactly threatening.

Its a shame that so many assets are created for games but the developers never implement them for player use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Its a shame that so many assets are created for games but the developers never implement them for player use.
    They should at least make it obtained SOMEHOW. Kind of obnoxious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi