Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I always thought it was supposed to be an imp... not exactly threatening.
    I always thought it was a gargoyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    I always thought it was a gargoyle.
    I actually thought it was some strange sendoff of the Staghelm fight (like how the other tier sets model the other bosses)... The shoulders look like the heads of big cats, while the mandible/pincer combo on the face looks like the scorpion. And the wings are there... for flight form? I dunno, it mainly just makes them look stupid.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    You know, I really despise when Blizzard make gorgeous weapon/armor models that are not obtainable, obviously I can understand stuff like frostmourne, but cmon...

Nope blizzard is too busy gluing googly eyes on ugly models for SoO loot to add anything badass.

Just like how several tier sets are missing boots / belt to match them, the items exist in the game files but were never made obtainable for whatever stupid reason.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nothing better than the viking ship on a stick.

Anyway, a lot of cool things, whether they be weapon models or tier set colors, get forever interred within the game files.

I think these could stand pointing out:

My guess is those are the LFR version onf the armor sets. I'm sure Blizzard had been working on it all Cataclysm, and wanted armor models ready to go if they got it working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    My guess is those are the LFR version onf the armor sets. I'm sure Blizzard had been working on it all Cataclysm, and wanted armor models ready to go if they got it working.
    LFR wasn't supposed to go in till MoP; they scrabbled it together for 4.3. And the green DK set in the picture is from the first tier of Cata.

And they design LOTS of color schemes for all tier sets, dating back... well, practically to when they created tier sets. Take recolored judgement armor from BC dungeons/pre WotLK event... those were likely in the game since day one, just never implemented.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-01 at 04:28 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They should at least make it obtained SOMEHOW. Kind of obnoxious.
    Agreed. They have the mediums -

1. Cap-level quests
    2. Scenarios
    3. New dungeon sets
    4. Any combination of the above 3
    5. Crafting

Never really made sense to me why they add these and never find ways to introduce them into the game. It's a wonder the artists don't protest, but some people might say their more recent dungeon/raid items are the protest...

Going by the name of the item, the "not available to players" tag and the comments underneath, all on the page you linked, no it isn't obtainable.

It's alright looking I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's alright looking I guess.
    Compared to what we got instead, I'd call them pretty damn sexy.

The swords we didn't get:

The sword model we got instead:

Blizzard needs to get a second opinion on the models/colors of the armor they decide to put in, and what to ditch forever...
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Blue Tier 12 sets exist because Firelands was supposed to share it's tier with Abyssal Maw raid that was scrapped. As for the Vrykul sword from Ulduar, as others have said it is sadly not obtainable. I wish they let us use all the unobtainable item models one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Blue Tier 12 sets exist because Firelands was supposed to share it's tier with Abyssal Maw raid that was scrapped.
    I'm not too sure about that. Most of the tier sets are based exclusively off the Firelands bosses themselves...

I think people overestimate the amount of actual work that went into the Abyssal maw. Nothing I've seen leads me to believe the Abyssal maw ever made it past the initial development and design stage; there exists a game file for it, but it's incredibly rudimentary and has no NPCs.

As for the Vrykul sword from Ulduar, as others have said it is sadly not obtainable. I wish they let us use all the unobtainable item models one day.
    I think it would be good for them to spread out weapon models again. As I said earlier, the ulduar sword would have fit in quite well with Throne of Thunder.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormrune's Edge is awesome looking. I like it. They should of just added all of them!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Stormrune's Edge is awesome looking. I like it.
    It looks like a toy sword... It looks goofy with the huge spade-like flare out in the middle.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd kill for some blue pally t12.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    Blizz usually makes around 4 color variations of every item, even if they only need 1. I doubt it had anything to do with LFR.

Deleted
    Its annoying they, never really put these in. Much like the glasses you see on Misa (Draenei in Jade Forest) I know Roleplayers would of loved that item, and it would properly overused much like eyepatchs and the blindfold from BT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I say something without being bashed ? Maybe I say "MAYBE" Blizzard has this in the game for a rainy day ... you know ... at some point they might implement some kind of farm for these old items ... or a real money shop .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Can I say something without being bashed ? Maybe I say "MAYBE" Blizzard has this in the game for a rainy day ... you know ... at some point they might implement some kind of farm for these old items ... or a real money shop .
    Well, they've been doing this for an awfully long time.

I'd be more inclined to believe they were going to include them at some point in the future if they didn't seem to be trending towards including ONLY specific "tiers" of gear... for example, all dungeon pieces use the same artwork across all dungeons, armor and weapons included, as do quests.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    See now ? They are making an in-game store ... or at least they will try to . So why not put these mis-used models there and get some extra $$$$ ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    See now ? They are making an in-game store ... or at least they will try to . So why not put these mis-used models there and get some extra $$$$ ?
    Should propose this on the official forms as possible Store Transmog items