Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How to deal with a break up =(

Hi..so this morning when I woke up I got a message saying my BF needed to talk to me about our relationship...needless to say it came to an end...

I'm taking it somewhat (ok very) hard...he is someone I would do anything for in a second. I feel like I failed at keeping him happy and content...

It doesn't help that I have been very ill the past month...I'm just not sure how to go about dealing with it =/. Even logging into WoW hurts because it all reminds me of him..and makes me think of the things we would do together..

Personally I'd spend more time with friends and family while you get over it; this is different for everyone but personally I find spending time with those closest to me helps immensely.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't really much to say, just go day to day doing stuff you'd normally do when he isn't around, see friends, family ect, or what ever it may be that you do and just try to let it slip into the past if you can
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    What worked for me was talking alot with friends and drink alot. But not enough to get completely wasted.

But the latter is not healthy advice.

Deleted
    Icecream always work for me. Buy the low fat and carb type if it is really heartbreaking, otherwise you'll get even more sorry, trust me

Deleted
    Buy a pizza.

I always found keeping busy to work best, try out new hobbies and enjoy things you did when you weren't together and surrounding yourself with family/friends as well. The pain won't go away quickly but in time it'll lessen which isn't going to help you right now just try and keep moving through the days.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    Rebound sex or heavy drinking. Always good to start out with one of those, or both.

One way to think about is that if the person didn't like you enough to stay with you, then you're better off without them. It's like Louis CK says: "Divorce is always a good thing." Same goes with relationships. Clearly someone wasn't happy, and if they aren't invested enough to stay with you then you should be happy it ended when it did. That's probably not easy to do right now, but that's the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing makes it better. Nothing makes it easier. You just go on doing what you would normally do...go to work, come home, try to socialize and do your thing. It's going to hurt a lot and many things will remind you of him again and again and again until the pain becomes familiar and you're able to look past it. But there is no magical panacea that can help you through it.

Look towards the future. There is someone else out there, eventually, when you're ready, and every failed relationship is a learning experience for the next one.

Think it goes like this "Time heals all wounds"
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Captain Morgan & Coke. Or Vodka. Lots of it

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Nothing makes it better. Nothing makes it easier. You just go on doing what you would normally do...go to work, come home, try to socialize and do your thing. It's going to hurt a lot and many things will remind you of him again and again and again until the pain becomes familiar and you're able to look past it. But there is no magical panacea that can help you through it.

Look towards the future. There is someone else out there, eventually, when you're ready, and every failed relationship is a learning experience for the next one.
    This.

Heavy drinking may either give you positive or negative emotions. I've seen people cursing the person and summing up all his or her negative sides and laughing about it and I've seen people getting all emotional and eventually saying they should end their lives and whatnot. If you get either effects of heavy drinking, you always wake up the same in the morning as you would without.

Drinkings/drugs is a solution to nothing. I'm saying this out of personal experience. When my first relationship ended (lasted 2.5 years) I went on a drinking/going out 7 days a week spree for about 8 or 9 weeks. It only started getting better once I stopped doing that.

Also don't go around hoping you meet someone else to forget her.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Biggest things in dealing with breakups, realize it just wasn't you. You aren't at fault, and you are at fault. Both of you contributed to the end of the relationship. Not trying to be mean by saying that, just that it's the reality of the situation.

What I wouldn't do is jump into another relationship right away. Take time to recognize what happened, what you did wrong, what he did wrong, and doing this without bias or hatred, in other words distance.

Become a better you. A lot of people say that a lot of women are chameleons and they change and adapt to whichever guy they are with. What I'm saying is, take some time to figure out who you are, what you like, what you enjoy.

sex? Maybe find an f-buddy or 4, but relationship-wise, steer clear until you know more about yourself and who you want to be.

Take time to grieve your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, I'm sorry... Time is all I can suggest really. I know the "heals all wounds" line is kind of ridiculous and is not always true, but it will dull the sharp edges after a while. Good friends and all that to lean on if possible.
    I feel like I failed at keeping him happy and content...
    Don't blame yourself... no one is ever really in control of that about another person no matter how much they might try.

Deleted
    Sorry to hear that

The only thing that truly worked for me was to think "I will get over it, untill then it is okay to be sad". And I got over it and life moved on

Time.

10/chars

Deleted
    Murder, suicide. In that order.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-06-30 at 11:35 PM.

Hey, get rhythm when you get the blues
    Hey, get rhythm when you get the blues
    Yes a jumpy rhythm makes you feel so fine
    It'll shake all the troubles from you worried mind
    Get rhythm when you get the blues

Johnny Cash always make me happy