Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never been in a relationship, so I can't really give much advice. I DID have to break it off with my best friend who thought we were "together". I felt really bad after that.

I must admit: Splurging on bad and tasty food helps when I'm feeling down, albeit unhealthy.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-07-01 at 07:31 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    it never get over for me i just concentrate in my life but i never forget her even after years i guess she will be there forever if you can live with that then its ok i said if not try to find someone else . life its full o broken heart people down the road who knows maybe you find someone like you and together your hearts can heal
    Last edited by MORGATH99; 2013-07-01 at 08:21 AM.

ay gurl gimme dem digits an ima make u forget all bout that clown

I found that learning new things helped a lot. Years ago when I broke up with (got dumped by) my long term girlfriend, I started playing the guitar and learning a new language to take my mind if it, and having that to do and develop really helped.

drinking is proly best. just go out with friends and socialize with people. or work. when your busy you wont have time to think about that sad stuff so just keep busy for a few weeks and you'll be fine afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    It hurts like fuckery now, but spending time with close friends and family will help you through it and time in itself does help to lessen the pain.
    Take the opportunity to do things that you like doing, that may have bothered him/he wouldn't like you doing. If there's a hobby of yours that really annoyed him, now is the time to overdose on it .
    Someone else suggested learning new things - I think that's a fantastic idea. Making progress with or mastering a new skill will boost your confidence and make you feel better about yourself.

Don't be tempted to try to 'just be friends' with him, at least until you're over him. You need some distance from him until you can get a handle on your emotions. Keeping up contact with him at this stage will only draw out your feelings and prolong your pain.
    When you're over him, there's nothing to stop the two of you from being friends if that's what you both want, but until that point, spare yourself the agony.

Best of luck! It does get better.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

just listen to Walder Frey "get another"

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, two movies you NEED to watch asap: (500) Days of Summer (2009) and Swingers (1996). After you realise the point, you can move to the second phase: "being alone, mad, crying, wishing for the time to stop or whatever, so that you don't hold in your emotions, you need to deal with that. The last phase is just trying to do other stuff, hanging out with your friends, going on parties, enjoying your summer.

Just one thing, don't rush into another relationship too fast and don't get yourself that this is the last page of a story.. it never ends with the breakup, your happiness will be determined by your approach in the future. I really hope something of this will help^^, everyone deals with breakup differently, all we can do is to tell you what works for us, wish you best of luck.

Deleted
    When it happened to me, I always thought that no matter the time that passed this feeling would never die.. But it does! Time apart will do wonders. Also talking about it with friends, and being around family does wonders, because they show you that you are loved no matter what (even if that other person does not anymore). Ohw yes, I spend the next two days drinking and barhopping mostly, but that may be a guy thing haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Time.

10/chars
    Don't do anything special, just do what you normally do and eventually stuff should get better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikeiko View Post
    Hi..so this morning when I woke up I got a message saying my BF needed to talk to me about our relationship...needless to say it came to an end...

I'm taking it somewhat (ok very) hard...he is someone I would do anything for in a second. I feel like I failed at keeping him happy and content...

It doesn't help that I have been very ill the past month...I'm just not sure how to go about dealing with it =/. Even logging into WoW hurts because it all reminds me of him..and makes me think of the things we would do together..
    I know how you feel, a couple of months ago I had the same thing with my ex girlfriend.

Eventually the pain gets a bit less and you'll start playing WoW again and hang out with friends more often.
    Be sure to tell good friends who'll listen to you, make sure you're able to vent.

Posting online as helped me aswell, eventually you'll get used to living without that person again and you might just meet a new guy.

I met a new girl and we're in a relationship now for almost a month, but it's absolutely great.

Don't worry honey, it'll be alright!

Deleted
    Best advice I can give you is meet new people, if you and your partner had a lot of the same friends it can get hard, so try to find something new in life and try to meet new people.

Basically, move on.

When I was in a similar situation I got a job. And I spent most of my free time playing. Pick up another game for a while if WoW reminds you of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping busy with work, working out or hobbies. Being around friends as well. Try not to dwell on things that can't be changed really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziddy View Post
    Rebound sex or heavy drinking. Always good to start out with one of those, or both.
    I did both of these. It works.

Deleted
    My gf of 18 months, found work, bailed on me. Yet kept contact with me and wanted us to be a couple again, tho what she didnt tell me is, that she had started a relationship already with another guy, slept with him already as well. And now she treats me like i never existed. This all happened a week ago.

Look I know it hurts and it hurts a lot. It hurts me more to think that now she spends her days in bed with another guy. But if she moves on, So can I. Its not worth to torture yourself over someone who just used you. I know you had great moments and memories with him, But remember the bad stuff as well. Dont just focus on the good things that you had with him. Find something to do. I have found that my family, friends online and co-workers help a lot. Try to find something to do. I know its hard, you won't have the will nor the mood to do anything, but you gotta force yourself. Otherwise you're gonna be in a limbo, and in the end you'll end up calling him and being used. Find strength in yourself. There is nothing to regret as you have tried all you can. You tried your best to have a happy relationship.

I made this account just to reply to you. Cuz I know it hurts but you should know that not forever
    Keep your head up, and stay strong.

Deleted
    The best advice I can give you: do all the things you like and enjoy. I don't know if it's the right english word but: get distracted! It doesn't matter what it is really. This can be any hobby.
    Sure you will think about what went wrong or right and stuff but it will be less painful. Apart from that: it just needs time. It's a bit meh I know.. but it's true.
    Also first step done: talking to people. Talk to friends/family.
    Hope you'll be better soon. Best wishes and keep your head up

10+ Year Old Account
    Purge the negative emotions from your mind. It's difficult, yes, but whatever you do, don't feed into the negativity. The first step is realizing you control your emotions, not the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, spend time to regain your mind. It's okay to cry about it. But remember, you have friends to talk with, so meet up and talk about things. Then try and cheer up with some activities. A break-up can be tough, that is why you must stand firm.

And my apologies to hear the bad news.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

best advice never ask a forum, you'll get pathetic responses which will hurt you more so in the long run (example: people who suggested drinking, suicide, or being a slut)

just do what you normally do/ like to do. he's the scumbag who left after you were/are sick. if he can't handle you at your worse he doesn't deserve you at your best.