Thread: Hexos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Super hexagon PR= 80 sec
    Hexos PR=20 sec ..........

P.S i am not keyboard turner since 2008

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a keyboard turner, but Hexos gets to me too... I'm usually fast enough to meet the gaps, but I'm always winged by one of the walls it seems.

My last attempt I was doing well, but I accidentally navigated the mouse off of my desk... aaaand dead.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taoforums View Post
    One shotted my way up to rank 10. lol don't see a problem about it.
    Have you got an imaginary armory to go with that imaginary story?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    This I highly doubt.
    There was a lock who one-shotted his way up to rank 10 on the first night- of course, 2 fights he got lucky on (Anthracite, he wiped at 300k, but it was attackable outside the arena so a few onlookers downed him. Ahooru didnt cast his shield for some reason, and he one shot it). It was on the first night it was out, so fights were buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Never tried him tbh, gotta do that sometime
    90k dps? No problem, Maze? Practice!

Deleted
    If you wanna feel pain, go play super hexagon lol, this will seem like a joke afterwards. Only tips i can give you is keep your camera above you, and only move with the mouse after the waves youve avoided have passed under you. It really isnt that hard when you get the hang of it.

Deleted
    No you didnt

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Depends very much on gear level. Hexos was fine at 490, just beat the enrage there as hance, but nibbleh and ahooru required a sizable gear jump.

The mechanics of the fights are easier though i agree.
    I just beat Ahroohu the other day. He's rough.

Nibbleh is just a pain in the ass. The kiting mechanic is kind of buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

For me the main problem is doing decent dps. Last time I tried him at 515 ilvl. Though my gear should be more then enough my ms is a tank not dps and I don't have proper habits / reactions to do enough dmg and rotate at the same time. I guess I would've gotten him if not the 10+ wait queue.

Deleted
    Nibbleh is what made me give up on Brawlers Guild, totally impossible as a feral cat 0_o

The main problem with hexos is that it needs perfect control on your mouse skills, but you need to be fast as well. So naturally you are going to run into problems if you play on a too low sensitivity and haven't practiced fast movement too much, or on high sensitivity and haven't practiced precision. Although for me it was quite easy due to having more than enough gear to just ignore perfect rotation, I can see where people are having the hard times.

As a side note, I wish the other bosses were harder(for ranged at least), to give some reason for hexos being this way. Only other boss that is kinda as annoying is the last 1 and even that is class based and people with selfheals and defensives can just ignore some of the mechanics. But back to the point. I never did Brawlers till like 2 or 3 months ago, when I did the full thing from 1 to 10. And aside for not knowing what to do on few(3-5) bosses on first tries.. I 1 shoted almost all of them. Only one that I had more than 5 tries was the last boss and even that was 1 shot after I realised to change to Cold Snap. Given I already had heroic ToT pieces at that point, so I certainly was overgeared for most of the fights, and as a mage you simply don't have to care abt many of the mechanics. And TW + combustion just wiped everything with trinket procs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Easymode boss as Affli WL
    I love to see other classes doing it tho
    Best mechanic ever

So I knew what game this guy was based on, but only after reading some more replies in this thread did I go track it down.

I just spent like an hour at it and it felt like I was only at it for maybe 10 minutes. Super fun. And honestly harder than Hexos was for me, haha ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Elemental Shaman (personal Heroism lulz) with stupid gear xD just sayin'

Seriously though. Friends with a 530 iLevel killed it within 50 seconds because of their gear. The fact you could zerg it will have severely reduced the chance you could screw up.

To the OP, as everyone else says it really is just practice. I had the maze down after the first night for the most part (I screwed up every now and then) but I didn't have the DPS I needed. Setting up Weak Auras helped my DPS but gear was then the issue (I had an item level of 496) so I upped it and got the kill three weeks after my first attempt (can't play much at the minute, that's the only reason it took that long xD)

It's fun to watch the progression though, of all the people I've seen do it I now imagine it to be like breaking down walls. Suddenly, out of no where, it will click and you'll make it 30% further than last time. It will renew your faith, the hard part is carrying on when you're making it to the end of the maze but getting killed by Enrage :<

The rest of the bosses are easier though, Anthracite has a few bugs (on Alliance, not sure on Horde) that makes him a pain in the ass at times. Nibbleh mechanics are easy, having to hold "S" to walk backwards definitely reduced the speed in which I could push key-binds though because I lost a finger! (And no Fist of Fury made me sad)

Ahoo'ru is the last one for me as a 509 item level Monk. It's going to be hard (especially without Rune of Re-origination) but I'm going to try anyway!

Good luck with Hexos!

(P.S. Sticking at these bosses will do nothing but improve you as a player, I changed my UI to help manage my DPS procs etc. with WeakAuras and my DPS has improved a lot xD)

Facerolled it back then. Make sure you got that rightclick intact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    Facerolled it back then. Make sure you got that rightclick intact
    Is looking with left click and right clicking to turn REALLY easier?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Is looking with left click and right clicking to turn REALLY easier?
    Just keep your right click pressed all the time

I have never had a problem with the maze on him, the turning is fine. My problem is my DPS. My gear is pretty crap, so its hard to sustain the DPS needed for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    I have never had a problem with the maze on him, the turning is fine. My problem is my DPS. My gear is pretty crap, so its hard to sustain the DPS needed for me.
    It took me a bit to get used to the Maze but if it weren't for my gear I probably wouldn't have been able to down it. I didn't even have a chance to pop Pillar of Frost or anything else because I was so focused on the maze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Had 5-8 pulls on Hexos, very fun boss. First few pulls I died to maze (turned too quickly and such), then I perfected the maze and died to enrage a few times, reorganized my bars so I can get easy DPS and killed it. Although, I'm stuck on Anthracite now. Oh well.

It helps if you've played a lot of bullet hell bosses, so you don't panic and Super Hexagon, which is copied by Hexos basically. I didn't turn my camera so I looked down on my character. It was slightly above my character, but not like 90 degrees up. Had OKish gear (LFR, some upgraded, so around 504-508 ilvl). BM Hunter.