Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    burying him in the heart of the Alliance territories prevents him being resurrected by Sylvanas.
    I seriously doubt Sylvanas would ever think about this, she tried way too hard to kill him. Plus from dying herself, she knows where he is he will suffer torment unending, which is exactly what she wants.

But yes I believe the grave is an unknown soldier type deal for Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    A memorial doesn't have to have a corpse in it.
    Bolvar doesn't have any association with Lordaeron, there'd be no reason to put the crest on his tomb, OR to leave his tomb unmarked when he's considered a hero of the Alliance.
    The people of Lordaeron could have built it in Bolvar's honor? Not too sure when Varian left Stormwind, but could it be that Bovlar assisted the refuges while he was acting leader? If so, then this could be the refuges way of honoring him. And I will admit that this is a bit of a long shot but makes sense. Or, it could be any of the heroes or leaders of Stormwind and the Lordaeron L is just an oversight on Blizzards part.
    Last edited by Spellbraker; 2013-07-01 at 02:18 AM.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    How nice of Stormwind to make a memorial to the Forsaken.
    Well played, good sir.

I don't think there's any specific nature to it other than they just put all the different models of already made gravestones in there to fill it out more. This particular tomb is reused from Uthers tomb in WPL.

If there is any specific meaning to it, it's definitely Arthas' grave. Knowing the whole time he was fighting the Lich King and internally trying to stall him and hold him back painted him in a new light for the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    The people of Lordaeron could have built it in Bolvar's honor? Not too sure when Varian left Stormwind, but could it be that Bolar assist the refuges while he was acting leader? If so, then this could be the refuges way of honoring him. And I will admit that this is a bit of a long shot but makes snese. Or, it could be any of the heroes or leaders of Stormwind and the Lordaeron L is just an oversight on Blizzards part.
    I mean, anything is possible, but you don't honor someone else by marking their tomb with your own crest.
    And I think it's safe to say Blizzard intended the tomb to be what it is, since there are a lot of custom, unique textures in the updated cathedral district, and it wouldn't have been hard at all to just switch the "L" texture with a Lion.

I mean, anything is possible, but you don't honor someone else by marking their tomb with your own crest.
    And I think it's safe to say Blizzard intended the tomb to be what it is, since there are a lot of custom, unique textures in the updated cathedral district, and it wouldn't have been hard at all to just switch the "L" texture with a Lion.
    Even a small detail like what you're talking about takes time. The time/reward for updating the textures in the entire city vs one tombstone no one will care about is still time that could be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Even a small detail like what you're talking about takes time. The time/reward for updating the textures in the entire city vs one tombstone no one will care about is still time that could be saved.
    Yes, but a lot of the cemetery IS new textures and models, like the wedding area. Changing the L for a Lion (which would just alter the texture, not the model) would not take very long at all, and the tomb is the Biggest and most noticeable thing in the entire graveyard. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it wasn't just left there for the sake of time-management.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it's Arthas' unmarked grave, as a monument to him being a hero and keeping the scourge held back even when he was the Lich King.
    Arthas wasn't doing that because he was a nice guy. If you payed attention during the encounter in ICC, he held the Scourge back just enough so that only the strongest heroes would be able to face him. He then kills the entire raid with the intention of raising us into the Scourge so he can send us back to destroy our kingdoms the way he did to Lordaeron.

You do if you see said person as one of your own. They honor him as their own. But the question is is that the case. I'm to cast my guess for just an oversight on implementing it with an Lordearon L. It could even just be there to honor Terenas since he did assist Stormwind when the orcs attacked the first time. He even helped prince Varian when the prince was a refuge himself.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking it's Llane Wrynn's tomb.

Why not Terenas? He took in a lot of Stormwind refugees, including their young king, after the city was sacked. I would think he'd be a fondly remembered figure to Stormwinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Bolvar isn't dead? And why would Bolvar have a Lorderon L on it?

*edit* I know Varian was told Bolvar is dead, had a brain fart when i posted
    At any rate Bolvar is most certainly not living.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    At any rate Bolvar is most certainly not living.
    He's sitting on the frozen throne. Go look for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    How nice of Stormwind to make a memorial to the Forsaken.
    hmm, so humans keep a memorial for the forsaken, and the forsaken keep a memorial for the last human king of lordaeron.

makes me wonder why these two groups aren't best buddies forever, since they like memorials and each other so much lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a grand centerpiece? I'm thinking either a memorial to, or the new grave of, Lothar.

Sir Anduin Lothar, the Lion of Azeroth, the last true descendant of the ancient Arathi bloodline, a knight champion of the Kingdom of Azeroth (later known as the Kingdom of Stormwind) during the First War, and the supreme commander of the armies of the Alliance of Lordaeron during the Second War.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Best if you don't find out unless you wish to become Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    *Edit: HAHAHAHA DIDNT REALIZE YOU LINKED THAT SAME SCENE I WAS REFERRING TO X'D BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Looked it up on wowpedia, and there's not much about it there. The theory that the tomb is meant for Varian himself makes good sense to me. I still don't see how Arthas could be there, since Terenas carried his body off after he died in ICC.

It could be a memorial for Terenas, considering how close Varian was to him (he was like a father to Varian for a long time in Rise of the Lich King). The Forsaken have a memorial to him already, but I'm sure the humans in Stormwind would probably like a memorial they can actually visit. Since....you know, they'd get captured and have all sorts of strange "experiments" done to them by the Forsaken if they came anywhere near Undercity.

I also like the idea that it's just a generic memorial to all the unidentified Lordaeron citizens/soldiers who died as a result of the plague or other causes when the Scourge came along. Lothar already has a monument (the big statue of him at the base of Blackrock Mountain). It might make sense to have another one in Stormwind that's more accessible to the people there, but considering the fact that Lothar was one of the greatest alliance heroes ever, I'd expect a monument for him to be more than a generic, unmarked tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by wowpedia
    The tomb has no statue or plaque indicating who is buried there; it's possible it may be intended for Varian himself when he dies, given its proximity to the grave of his wife.

Another popular fan theory is that this tomb holds the corpse of Arthas Menethil. When this was asked at Blizzcon 2011, Chris Metzen said he's not sure if that's true or not, but it is an interesting idea.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-01 at 03:25 PM.

Maybe it is the grave of Terenas or at least a memorial to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian's Wife, Anduin's Mother.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    He's sitting on the frozen throne. Go look for yourself.
    This doesn't refute the point that he is not "living".